By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octopath Traveler has sold more than 2 million units!

SpokenTruth said:
JWeinCom said:

You sure they wouldn't?  Their purpose is to advertise the sale.  I see no no reason why including the steam sales wouldn't be conducive to that.  

Either way, good sales for a good game.  Hopefully the next bravely will do as well.  

And exactly how would they have the sales figures for other platforms?

Square Enix told them when they said, "hey, we're having a sale because we hit 2 million copies sold"?

Around the Network

Yeah wouldn't SE announce the 2million sales if it was on both Steam and Switch? Unless something like this have happened before.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Yeah wouldn't SE announce the 2million sales if it was on both Steam and Switch? Unless something like this have happened before.

They did.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/octopath-traveler-celebrates-2-million-sales-with-/1100-6474955/

pokoko said:

Jranation said:

They did.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/octopath-traveler-celebrates-2-million-sales-with-/1100-6474955/

Oh okay then. The 2mil does include PC. If Nintendo was the main source then PC sales wouldn't be included. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

pokoko said:

Jranation said:

They did.

Well that settles that then. 

Around the Network

Great game. Absolutely deserved. Excellent voice acting. Demanding battle system. One of the best soundtracks in video game history.

Totally deserved!! Very good game and enjoyed it very much.

Square can do amazing things when they stick to their strengths instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. Bravely Default is another great example.

But I am sure the next final fantasy will be a mix of k-pop, wii-fit and FPS, with edges, leather and points going out of every place.

Just hoping they don't manage to break 7, because the hype is real.

Is the game really good?This discount is teasing me

IcaroRibeiro said:
Is the game really good?This discount is teasing me

If you liked Final Fantasy 6, then I would highly recommend it.  To me it looks like when a PS1 or maybe PS2 turn based-RPG would have looked like if it had stayed in 2D.  The combat system is really well done.  The different gameplay elements for the whole game are well done in general.  Also they have what I would call a bunch of mini-stories, and some of these are very interesting while others are only so-so. 

On the other hand if you really want cutting edge 3D graphics or one long in-depth story to your RPGs, then I would say move on to something else.  Octopath Traveler is very well made for what it is, but some are not going to like it simply for what it is.