By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 5 Royal Review Thread - Current 95 Metacritic / 95 Opencritic

i got persona 5 early last year steel book edition and yet to play it... is it really that good?? don't know if i should play kh3 or ff7 remake first.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
i got persona 5 early last year steel book edition and yet to play it... is it really that good?? don't know if i should play kh3 or ff7 remake first.

All 3 are that good. Personally id play ff7 remake first then persona 5. All 3 are jrpgs but very different 

If you never played Persona 5 before and you're curious to try it, this game is definitely worth the $60.

If you already played Persona 5, it's ultimately dependent on how much you enjoyed the original, but I still think the extra content was worth buying the game again (biased take I know).

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Also while I'm all for giving customers more options, not only is making the extra content as DLC for vanilla Persona 5 not going to happen due to being impractical, keep in mind this is ATLUS we're talking about.

As a company, they make great games, but they have some pretty questionable DLC practices ($10 for two super bosses, $10 for like 8 extra personas, $15 for costumes for Kasumi specifically, I could go on lmao)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

BraLoD said:
Bandorr said:

Again it isn't just "some extra content". Also you aren't asking for DLC - you want free DLC.

You want them to release a $60 game as free DLC.

Where did I ever say it would be free?

Also a 2016 game with some updates should definitely not cost another $60 for someone who already paid it back then.

I love how you're complaining about a price tag on a game that takes 140hrs+ just to finish a playthrough, and that's just for Vanilla P5. If you already love the game enough to devote even more time to playing through Royal, and can see the glowing reviews that show it more than justifies the price, then you shouldn't have a problem with something this petty. If the price is that big an issue, you're more than welcome to re-play Vanilla for now, no one's stopping you. If you don't care about the game enough to pay that, or never even bothered to finish the game originally, then I'm not sure why you're in this thread to begin with.

Also, I'm not sure if this important part was noted by anyone else, but all the DLC from Vanilla P5 (which costs a lot even if you buy the bundle) are actually available for free with Royal

Adding to all that, we're having to entertain these arguments from someone who's profile picture is him holding a black label copy of The Legend of Dragoon. Talk about peak irony.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Shaunodon said:

I love how you're complaining about a price tag on a game that takes 140hrs+ just to finish a playthrough, and that's just for Vanilla P5.

As someone who has played through the game twice, and watched another 3 or 4 people beat it, I've never seen anyone come close to 140 hours to finish it, but okay I guess.

Well if it's coming from your subjective experiences then that must mean something.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=15221
All PlayStyles average is 115 hours, so a bit lower, but still bloody long, and jumps to a ridiculous 257 hours at leisure, which can happen if you spend a lot of time fusing and upgrading your Pokemon.

Sorry that not everyone is part of your speedrunners club, but I was just throwing a number off the top of my head, and it's hardly outside the range of most players.

mZuzek said:
Shaunodon said:

Well if it's coming from your subjective experiences then that must mean something.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=15221
All PlayStyles average is 115 hours, so a bit lower, but still bloody long, and jumps to a ridiculous 257 hours at leisure, which can happen if you spend a lot of time fusing and upgrading your Pokemon.

Sorry that not everyone is part of your speedrunners club, but I was just throwing a number off the top of my head, and it's hardly outside the range of most players.

Right.

Speedrunners club.

Me, a guy who has never done a speedrun of any game ever, another guy who likes to take his time doing random stuff in games. And people on youtube. Literally everyone beat the game in about 100 hours. Like, 99-101 hours. That exactly. Which just so happens to be the same time showing up on the link you posted yourself.

It would seem my "subjective" experiences do mean something. (as subjective as a hard number gets...)

They must be hard numbers for you to read at least, since as I already mentioned the average for all PlayStyles is actually 115 hours, which is also the average for people who did main+extras, and if you take a harder look at the numbers, more people were polled playing the game that way over just playing the main game, which has the 100 hours number you apparently want to use as the golden rule.

Point was, most people will take a fair bit over 100 hours to complete the game, and that's just for Vanilla P5. Once a game gets into that range, it's a long ass game. Now are you done arguing over this point, which is somehow even more petty than the previous argument?

Shaunodon said:
mZuzek said:

Right.

Speedrunners club.

Me, a guy who has never done a speedrun of any game ever, another guy who likes to take his time doing random stuff in games. And people on youtube. Literally everyone beat the game in about 100 hours. Like, 99-101 hours. That exactly. Which just so happens to be the same time showing up on the link you posted yourself.

It would seem my "subjective" experiences do mean something. (as subjective as a hard number gets...)

They must be hard numbers for you to read at least, since as I already mentioned the average for all PlayStyles is actually 115 hours, which is also the average for people who did main+extras, and if you take a harder look at the numbers, more people were polled playing the game that way over just playing the main game, which has the 100 hours number you apparently want to use as the golden rule.

Point was, most people will take a fair bit over 100 hours to complete the game, and that's just for Vanilla P5. Once a game gets into that range, it's a long ass game. Now are you done arguing over this point, which is somehow even more petty than the previous argument?

You should understand that some people already payed full price for the game and in order to experience the added content they need to pay that full price again,the people adressing the high price mostly played through it before and instead of an added DLC to the endgame that they could buy for 20 bucks they get this.

Immersiveunreality said:
Shaunodon said:

You should understand that some people already payed full price for the game and in order to experience the added content they need to pay that full price again,the people adressing the high price mostly played through it before and instead of an added DLC to the endgame that they could buy for 20 bucks they get this.

And as I said, if the price is really that big a deal you can just replay Vanilla P5 for now instead. And when Royal eventually drops way down in price you can get it for cheaper just like you wanted.

Either you're a big enough fan that you'll willingly devote another 120+ hours of your life and pay $60 to play it now, or if you don't care enough to do either, you can just wait or not bother.

I don't see how this is a problem. It'd obviously be nice to have the option to buy it as DLC for Vanilla, but it's hardly worth making a big deal over the fact that it's not. It's not like the version of Persona 5 you currently have is an incomplete game. Royal is just a newer, better version, and anyone who cares enough to want to play it right now shouldn't have any squabbles over something like the price, especially when the consensus from reviewers and owners is that it justifies it.

Shaunodon said:
Immersiveunreality said:

And as I said, if the price is really that big a deal you can just replay Vanilla P5 for now instead. And when Royal eventually drops way down in price you can get it for cheaper just like you wanted.

Either you're a big enough fan that you'll willingly devote another 120+ hours of your life and pay $60 to play it now, or if you don't care enough to do either, you can just wait or not bother.

I don't see how this is a problem. It'd obviously be nice to have the option to buy it as DLC for Vanilla, but it's hardly worth making a big deal over the fact that it's not. It's not like the version of Persona 5 you currently have is an incomplete game. Royal is just a newer, better version, and anyone who cares enough to want to play it right now shouldn't have any squabbles over something like the price, especially when the consensus from reviewers and owners is that it justifies it.

You should try to see both sides,you say it yourself that it would be nice to have the option to buy it seperately and i do not really see anyone making a big deal out of it.

This product is worth more to you than it is to others and that's alright,for myself it is financially ridiculous to give full price twice for a product i played the biggest part of and you can't really tell me or others that is nonsense.