By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 5 Royal Review Thread - Current 95 Metacritic / 95 Opencritic

So many magazines say it's the best RPG in recent years and one of the best ever. You can't get more praise :)

The passion of the developers must be rewarded with good sales figures - this is important now. And have fun guys!

Around the Network

Still not convinced the story needs an addendum (much like FES and catherine full body) but I'll definitely get it on sale.

Kyuu said:
brendude13 said:

Unpopular opinion. I think that review hits the nail on the head and the score is fitting. When I watched the credits roll by, I thought to myself that it was a solid 7/10 game.

I don't know about Royal (I'll never play it) but P5 vanilla has to be one of my personal most overrated games. It got boring/repetitive and its characters lost all appeal in the final third of the game, for reasons I can't quite recall. I thoroughly enjoyed the first half though, which brings my final score to a solid 8.5/10.

Persona 3 on the other hand was a masterpiece. Much more innovative, with a better cast of characters and an amazing conclusion to boot. To say nothing of the tearjerkery :'(

I felt the same. Massively too long at 100+ hours. Atlus have a habit of writing stories that go absolutely nowhere and tying it up with killing a God, but this was the worst offender.

Persona 4 Golden is one of my favourite games and kept me engaged throughout. It seemed to handle the day to day much better and I couldn't wait to move onto the next one. Characters were far more likeable and events were far more entertaining.

Maybe this kind of game just resonated with me more when I was a teenager.

Great reviews, but I have already beaten the vanilla game. Game is really long so I will wait a couple years to replay it.

brendude13 said:

I felt the same. Massively too long at 100+ hours. Atlus have a habit of writing stories that go absolutely nowhere and tying it up with killing a God, but this was the worst offender.

Persona 4 Golden is one of my favourite games and kept me engaged throughout. It seemed to handle the day to day much better and I couldn't wait to move onto the next one. Characters were far more likeable and events were far more entertaining.

Maybe this kind of game just resonated with me more when I was a teenager.

Persona 4 and 5 are Masterpieces :)

Like the legendary Metal Gear Solid 3 for me < 3

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
mZuzek said:

yikes

Still a better love story than Dad of War.

Uneeded and off-topic jab or flamming though.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

the themes are beautiful in playstationStore.

who is your favorite character ? : D

Hiku said:
Kyuu said:

Persona 3 on the other hand was a masterpiece. Much more innovative, with a better cast of characters and an amazing conclusion to boot. To say nothing of the tearjerkery :'(

I do love Persona 3, but I don't recall it getting emotional for me. Probably because the protagonist's personality doesn't shine through much in P3. I think they did a better job with the P5 protagonist's personality. On top of dealing with more relatable and hard hitting themes.

The End was so sad :( Awesome, but very emotional.

Persona3/4/5-Characters are always in my heart.

Bandorr said:
BraLoD said:

Because I have already bought it and don't want to have to buy the same game again just to be able to play some extra content.

Again it isn't just "some extra content". Also you aren't asking for DLC - you want free DLC.

You want them to release a $60 game as free DLC.

It's not $60 worth of content though. $60 worth of content is Persona 6.

mZuzek said:
Farsala said:

It's not $60 worth of content though. $60 worth of content is Persona 6.

It's definitely $60 worth of content, if not more, but maybe not for those who have already experienced most of it.

That's kind of what I mean, the extra stuff should be offered separately.