By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 5 Royal Review Thread - Current 95 Metacritic / 95 Opencritic

Solid score, enjoy :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Vodacixi said:
So, I have the original game since launch. I started to play it, finished Kamoshida's Palace... and left it there because... reasons. I loved the game so far, but everytime I thought of getting back to it, I just started playing other stuff and with time, I completely forgot about Persona 5.

Do you guys think it would still be worth going back to it (well, I would probably just start a new file, I barely remember anything xD) now that Royal is here? I know that one will have much more content and improvements... but I think it's a waste to have the original pretty much unplayed and buy the new one.

Do you normally replay games? If you don't, I think you're better off playing Royal. If you do, you can always play them both, like many people will do.

I replay games a lot. However, save for some exceptions, I don't usually replay long JRPGs (50+ hours).

I don't know... I would feel bad if I bought Royal while having vanilla P5 sitting on the shelf without having played it properly. It's like... a waste? I don't want to spend money on something that I already kind of have. But I want to know some other opinions on the matter. Maybe the improvement is so huge that I should really buy Royal. Or maybe vanilla P5 is already an amazing game that is worth even with Royal being around.

mZuzek said:
Vodacixi said:

I replay games a lot. However, save for some exceptions, I don't usually replay long JRPGs (50+ hours).

I don't know... I would feel bad if I bought Royal while having vanilla P5 sitting on the shelf without having played it properly. It's like... a waste? I don't want to spend money on something that I already kind of have. But I want to know some other opinions on the matter. Maybe the improvement is so huge that I should really buy Royal. Or maybe vanilla P5 is already an amazing game that is worth even with Royal being around.

Persona 5 definitely is already an amazing game that's worth it, that has been the case for years now and it won't stop being just because there's an expanded version of the game out there.

That being said, though, you talk of it "sitting on the shelf"... so, if you bought it physical, can't you just sell it?

I could sell it... but what could they give me? 15 euros at most? Also, we can't leave home now here in Spain. I'll have to wait until the coronavirus situation gets better... and by then, the price will go even lower because of Royal being out.

mZuzek said:
Vodacixi said:

I could sell it... but what could they give me? 15 euros at most? Also, we can't leave home now here in Spain. I'll have to wait until the coronavirus situation gets better... and by then, the price will go even lower because of Royal being out.

I see.

Well, if you replay games often, I'd say start a new save on the game you already own, then maybe buy Royal later down the line. Persona 5 is a long JRPG, but given how good it is, there's a good chance it'll be one of the exceptions you'd make. Personally, I don't care much for the JRPG genre as a whole, but loved Persona 5 so much I played it twice and am looking forward to playing it the third time when Royal comes out.

That... sounds good. Thanks for the advice ^^

mZuzek said:
Vodacixi said:

That... sounds good. Thanks for the advice ^^

It's probably for the best considering the situation everyone's in right now, too. You can start playing it today!

Once I finish Bloodborne probably. I'm 16 hours in... I don't know much I got left xD

Around the Network

no worries - thanks!

it is doing really well - one of the highest rated games of all time!

next week is release : D Then one of the best games ever appears !!

Love the P5Royal-Cover.

I just got phantoms thieves edition this morning. It released yesterday but i only knew about it last night

smart i rebought skyrim and tomb raider aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Can't wait to binge the hell out of this game.

Haven't played vanilla P5 in a while, so this is a good excuse for me to replay it as well.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."