Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%

I am wet 6 8.57%

What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%

I want some more info 9 12.86%

Total:41

If The series X turns up more expensive than PS5. Maybe MS will have to launch a diskless version is Series X. Lockheart will be cheap but for people who want higher resolution games on a better price a diskless Series X would be an option.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
trunkswd said:

Lockhart could also have no disc drive. While it doesn't cut a lot of the cost it does mean every game will be sold digitally and with that more money to Microsoft with each game sold. 

One of the best things about consoles is the ability to own physical games. I really feel like Xbox is the fifth column of consoles. Almost everything they do is to the detriment of consoles in the long run. Lockheart not having a disc drive, and popularizing digital purchases even further would weaken consoles as a whole. What's next, Denuvo on Xbox? 

It was just an example of ways Microsoft could save money. Who knows. They could release 2 versions of Lockhart. 1 with and 1 without a disc drive. I have personally bought all my games digitally this entire generation on the Xbox One and PS4. Only reason I buy physical copies on the Switch is its lack of storage to fit more than a game or two at a time. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Cerebralbore101 said:
trunkswd said:

Lockhart could also have no disc drive. While it doesn't cut a lot of the cost it does mean every game will be sold digitally and with that more money to Microsoft with each game sold. 

One of the best things about consoles is the ability to own physical games. I really feel like Xbox is the fifth column of consoles. Almost everything they do is to the detriment of consoles in the long run. Lockheart not having a disc drive, and popularizing digital purchases even further would weaken consoles as a whole. What's next, Denuvo on Xbox? 

It has nothing to do with it. It is about price. A PC that runs next gen made games will be hell expensive. If it was possible to build a next gen level PC at 400-500 bucks more people would opt to build a PC because it serves for other tasks besides gaming only.

trunkswd said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

It was just an example of ways Microsoft could save money. Who knows. They could release 2 versions of Lockhart. 1 with and 1 without a disc drive. I have personally bought all my games digitally this entire generation on the Xbox One and PS4. Only reason I buy physical copies on the Switch is its lack of storage to fit more than a game or two at a time. 

If you are going to go digital, why not just buy all your multiplats on PC? The game would run better, and you'd get slightly cheaper prices from PC storefronts than from console digital stores. At this rate, I only get multiplats on console if...

Game has denuvo on PC. 

or 

Game is cheaper at launch on consoles

or

It's a good game for Switch

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Currently playing Skryim modded to hell and back. 

https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/

Cerebralbore101 said:
trunkswd said:

If you are going to go digital, why not just buy all your multiplats on PC? The game would run better, and you'd get slightly cheaper prices from PC storefronts than from console digital stores. At this rate, I only get multiplats on console if...

Game has denuvo on PC. 

or 

or

My PC is outdated and it would cost me well over $1,000 to upgrade it. I generally wait for sales on the Xbox / PS Store before buying most games. Plus Game Pass means I don't need to buy all the Microsoft first-party games. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Game has denuvo on PC. 

or 

or

My PC is outdated and it would cost me well over $1,000 to upgrade it. I generally wait for sales on the Xbox / PS Store before buying most games. Plus Game Pass means I don't need to buy all the Microsoft first-party games. 

Yeah, now's a bad time to upgrade anyway. New GPUs coming this summer/fall. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
trunkswd said:

Yeah. I could upgrade my CPU, memory, mobo and SSD, without upgrading my GPU, but I don't see the point. 

trunkswd said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Yeah. I could upgrade my CPU, memory, mobo and SSD, without upgrading my GPU, but I don't see the point. 

Yep. No GPU = pointless upgrade. 

Another good reason to not upgrade. SSD prices are pretty high right now. I was able to get a 2TB M.2 drive for $170 last year. Now, prices are something like $210. The 2.5 format has gone up in price too. And I think PS5 might make mechanical drives a joke for PCs. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
trunkswd said:

Yep. No GPU = pointless upgrade. 

Another good reason to not upgrade. SSD prices are pretty high right now. I was able to get a 2TB M.2 drive for $170 last year. Now, prices are something like $210. The 2.5 format has gone up in price too. And I think PS5 might make mechanical drives a joke for PCs. 

I have an SSD, but it has no room to fit any major games on it. Besides the specs wouldn't be able to handle modern games on anything besides on low settings. Lets just say my CPU is an AMD FX-8350. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
trunkswd said:

This is a bit off-topic, but because of COVID19 and the many fabs that have had to shut down, there are a lot of parts that will go up in price in the coming months.

So yeah, maybe it's not really a bad time to upgrade, or at least get some parts like RAM.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.