By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%

I am wet 6 8.57%

What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%

I want some more info 9 12.86%

Total:41
Radek said:
vivster said:
Nvidia delayed their current plans of unveiling new hardware due to the current situation.

To be honest, only high end enthusiasts care, they already have beast of a card available called 2080 Ti and it costs $1200.

As soon as the 3080ti will be announced the 2080ti will be literal garbage.

But back to the topic, just wanted to highlight how other companies set their priorities.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Things I want:

4K by default (I have a 4K TV and 4K Blu Rays)
Games
Backwards Compatibility

I'm pretty sure I'm getting all three. I don't really care about the specs of the system. I don't care if Xbox Series X (Seriously, who names that shit?) has better specs, I'd be happy never having stronger hardware than the PS4. Hell, of my top ten favourite games of the decade, three of them were indie pixel games (Terraria, The Messenger, Axiom Verge), and a bunch of my other faves (Dark Souls 1/3, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Minecraft) didn't have the greatest graphics. But, if I get backwards compatibility for a PS5 all the way back to PS1, I'll have all the games I want/need.

Fortunately, I have a PS2 (Backwards compatible to 1) and a Ps3, so it's not like I'll ever go without. I just like the idea. Oh, and I do not want the PS5 to look like the early leaks said with the weird V shape nonsense. that's ugly as hell and I think we all agree there. But yeah, Gimme dem games, allow me to use my 4K Blu Rays, and if possible gimme backwards compatibility. The rest is all gravy and even if it doesn't launch with every feature, I'm sure it will get better as every console has. Sony skipped a beat with the PS3 but has not done wrong by me aside from that since 1997 when I got my Ps1. I'm sure they'll do well here.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Look forward to some hearing some news finally.

Hmm, pie.

I doubt we'll get any next gen game footage, some numbers for the hardcore to compare instead of Corona numbers.

Hype!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Hell yeah :)

Honestly I dont care about, if its more powerfull than Series X, I actually rather it be alot weaker (if that means cheaper).
Also I hope they show some in-game stuff, running on a playstation 5.

I dont wanna see a 600$ PS5.

Showcase "Backwards Compatibility" working, with just a old PS4 disc inserted into a PS5.
Thats what I wanna see.

Great stuff. Would like full BC with previous Playstations, but I wont be too bummed out if its only the PS4.

KLXVER said:
Great stuff. Would like full BC with previous Playstations, but I wont be too bummed out if its only the PS4.

Same. Ideally it'd be BC to PS1, but I don't even touch PS1 or PS2 games anymore and rarely touch the PS3 but I'm still chewing through PS4 games and am not ready to move on. IT'd be lovely to shift stuff forward...and start Bloodborne again at BL4. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Marth said:
Watch it basically/mostly be the same device as the Xbox Series X.

I certainly hope not, that's such a bad design! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

The polls where changed, or I woulda voted for "Backward Compatibility" or "Games presentation".