By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NPD: Percentages of US Switch owners that own PS4/Xbone/both/neither

curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:

By concept yes, but by names and brand they are not. Also i did said "except  for their handled"  

Switch functions as a handheld though, so why wouldn't it follow their pattern of being iterative there? And who cares about brand or name, we're talking about concept. There's little reason for Nintendo NOT to do an iterative Switch successor.

I am not telling they cannot. I said we just need more confirmation. Everything can happen . Also Switch is not pure handled but more of hybrid. ALso VR also a great concept , you will not now other creative thing Nintendo planned for the future. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
curl-6 said:

Switch functions as a handheld though, so why wouldn't it follow their pattern of being iterative there? And who cares about brand or name, we're talking about concept. There's little reason for Nintendo NOT to do an iterative Switch successor.

I am not telling they cannot. I said we just need more confirmation. Everything can happen . Also Switch is not pure handled but more of hybrid. ALso VR also a great concept , you will not now other creative thing Nintendo planned for the future. 

I never said it was confirmed, but it does seem their most likely course of action given the circumstances. 

curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:

I never said it was confirmed, but it does seem their most likely course of action given the circumstances. 

That's why we shall wait and see 

HollyGamer said:
Nu-13 said:

Nintendo has delivered "the same thing" 6 times already.

No they are not deliver the same thing. SNES, N64 and Gamecube are the same, But Wii are different. Even Wii U are different from Wii. Not include Switch. We can expect something new from them after Switch. 

You forgot nes, gba and 3ds.

Nu-13 said:
HollyGamer said:

No they are not deliver the same thing. SNES, N64 and Gamecube are the same, But Wii are different. Even Wii U are different from Wii. Not include Switch. We can expect something new from them after Switch. 

I did say except for their handled, and Snes also replace by N64 and then Gamecube 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Nu-13 said:

I did say except for their handled, and Snes also replace by N64 and then Gamecube 

Again though, I don't see how we can exclude their handheld line though when it constitute half their hardware business and includes the Switch.

As said Switch doesn't really compete with PS4 and Xbox, it is bought as second console.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

curl-6 said:
HollyGamer said:

Again though, I don't see how we can exclude their handheld line though when it constitute half their hardware business and includes the Switch.

I am not exclude any device from Nintendo, my original statement was Nintendo product " often " has something new and unique (not following previous product) when it come to gaming product, " except for some few device " which is  their handled product. What i am trying to say it's hard to predict the future of Nintendo product unlike Sony and Microsoft which always the same thing over and over.  I can see Switch 2 will be the next successor like how Wii U were the successor of Wii , but i bet this time they will not anything new but just a spec upgrade. I also believe Switch 2 will be the best choices rather then creating new type of device, but again i cannot 100% sure because Nintendo is too creative for their own good. 

DonFerrari said:
As said Switch doesn't really compete with PS4 and Xbox, it is bought as second console.

And you are wrong on all interpretations. Starting with the fact the switch is a direct competitor in the console market. As for second console: if you mean purchased later, the switch is as much of a second console compared to ps4/x1 as the ps4/x1 are second consoles compared to wii, ps3 and x360. Being of a different generation means that most purchasers will already own a previous gen console.

If you mean the system people mostly play on if they own more than one, the numbers on this topic do not say anything about that. And if you're talking about purchase preference, many prefer a switch and maybe one of ps4 or x1, with precious few owning both a ps4 and x1. As the switch is the common deniminator in that equation, that makes the others secondary. As I said before, this will be observed better during the 10th gen since all 3 will belong to the same gen and the lines won't be blurred.

Nu-13 said:
DonFerrari said:

And you are wrong on all interpretations. Starting with the fact the switch is a direct competitor in the console market. As for second console: if you mean purchased later, the switch is as much of a second console compared to ps4/x1 as the ps4/x1 are second consoles compared to wii, ps3 and x360. Being of a different generation means that most purchasers will already own a previous gen console.

If you mean the system people mostly play on if they own more than one, the numbers on this topic do not say anything about that. And if you're talking about purchase preference, many prefer a switch and maybe one of ps4 or x1, with precious few owning both a ps4 and x1. As the switch is the common deniminator in that equation, that makes the others secondary. As I said before, this will be observed better during the 10th gen since all 3 will belong to the same gen and the lines won't be blurred.

Won't nurture the 10th or more discussion on the same subject with you. Even Nintendo higher management in one of the latest call have said it isn't a direct competitor, Sony also said the same couple years ago, NPD analyst said the same on topic of PS5 and XSX, etc. But you are right because you know the market better than the 3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."