Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do gamers really want Cloud gaming?

Leynos said:
When games become all cloud and publishers can take them down anytime they want and have full control. There is no craft anymore. It's just disposable marketable digital playgrounds designed purely around making money by nickel and diming. People will not appreciate a craft anymore esp as there will be none, but even for the few that are a work of craftsmanship, it won't matter. Just treat it as something disposable. Nothing will be valued anymore. I will not part take in that "future"

Odd comment. Video games are designed for entertainment and fun, not value. 

I play games for the fun factor, not how much is this game going to be worth in 10 years time or if developers value there work anymore because of streaming/digital etc.

Dont get me wrong, i still enjoy collecting phyiscal media however a good game is a good game regardless how it's played. 



Around the Network

With how Google, Microsoft, or Valve envision the future of videogaming... no, i don't want that.



Hunting Season is done...

eva01beserk said:
zero129 said:

Look, i wont be replying to you after this for the simple reason that in 2 threads now, no matter what is said to you, all common sense goes out the window with your replys and turns into an "MS is going to fail no matter what" argument that just keeps repeating. So thank you but no i wont be getting into it with you no more, ill only reply to people who has an argument with some kind of sense behind not just wishful thinking based on nothing other then what you would like/hope will happen.

Ever step back and think how your argumemt sounds to others? Cuz from where goopy stands and me and few others your point makes no sense. Or at least is based on nothing but hopes

I think this topic should die already untill more information arrives. While I do agree with goopy I don't think anybody's view will change at least untill both consoles get a full reveal with the games that are coming.

This is the part where Goopy and you it seems is having problems. His and your whole argument is based nothing but speculation and wishful thinking and what he/you hope will be not the other way around. Show me what i have posted thats based on "Hope" . Goopy has been showing a number of times how what he hopes to be true simply isnt.

For instance Xbox Gamepass has no games that take advantage of high end PC's and wont till half way into nextgen, This simply isnt true as the is plenty of games on Gamepass already that look miles beyond what the current gen of consoles can do. Maybe you guys are just used to the upscaling that Xbox OneX and PS4Pro does but on PC we get more then just upscaled gfx.

Or how about MS isnt working on any Nextgen games yet?, MS themselves stated cross-gen will only last 1 to 2 years, so does he and you honestly believe that it will only take MS 1 to 2 years to make a nextgen AAA title?, if not then clearly they are already in development.

But like you said lets wait and see.



zero129 said:
eva01beserk said:

Ever step back and think how your argumemt sounds to others? Cuz from where goopy stands and me and few others your point makes no sense. Or at least is based on nothing but hopes

I think this topic should die already untill more information arrives. While I do agree with goopy I don't think anybody's view will change at least untill both consoles get a full reveal with the games that are coming.

This is the part where Goopy and you it seems is having problems. His and your whole argument is based nothing but speculation and wishful thinking and what he/you hope will be not the other way around. Show me what i have posted thats based on "Hope" . Goopy has been showing a number of times how what he hopes to be true simply isnt.

For instance Xbox Gamepass has no games that take advantage of high end PC's and wont till half way into nextgen, This simply isnt true as the is plenty of games on Gamepass already that look miles beyond what the current gen of consoles can do. Maybe you guys are just used to the upscaling that Xbox OneX and PS4Pro does but on PC we get more then just upscaled gfx.

Or how about MS isnt working on any Nextgen games yet?, MS themselves stated cross-gen will only last 1 to 2 years, so does he and you honestly believe that it will only take MS 1 to 2 years to make a nextgen AAA title?, if not then clearly they are already in development.

But like you said lets wait and see.

Again ..nothing I say will change your mind and what you keep saying just sounds like wishful thinking to me. All we can do is wait.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
zero129 said:

This is the part where Goopy and you it seems is having problems. His and your whole argument is based nothing but speculation and wishful thinking and what he/you hope will be not the other way around. Show me what i have posted thats based on "Hope" . Goopy has been showing a number of times how what he hopes to be true simply isnt.

For instance Xbox Gamepass has no games that take advantage of high end PC's and wont till half way into nextgen, This simply isnt true as the is plenty of games on Gamepass already that look miles beyond what the current gen of consoles can do. Maybe you guys are just used to the upscaling that Xbox OneX and PS4Pro does but on PC we get more then just upscaled gfx.

Or how about MS isnt working on any Nextgen games yet?, MS themselves stated cross-gen will only last 1 to 2 years, so does he and you honestly believe that it will only take MS 1 to 2 years to make a nextgen AAA title?, if not then clearly they are already in development.

But like you said lets wait and see.

Again ..nothing I say will change your mind and what you keep saying just sounds like wishful thinking to me. All we can do is wait.

Its not about changing my mind as the is nothing to change since what ive stated is based on reality you and goopy however is only basing your arguments on speculation and "You're" wishful thinking as unlike me and many others you guys have not giving one piece of evidence to back up your claims.

So indeed when the debate turns to that clearly its going to go no where so good luck to you now sir.



Around the Network
Zoombael said:
With how Google, Microsoft, or Valve envision the future of videogaming... no, i don't want that.

Don't forget Amazon. The coming cloud gaming wars is inevitable. By 2030 we might see the winners which will lead this market. 



Zoombael said:
With how Google, Microsoft, or Valve envision the future of videogaming... no, i don't want that.

And yet Steam is one of the best consumer friendly gaming stores in this buisness.. id trust Valves vision over the console market.



eva01beserk said:
zero129 said:

This is the part where Goopy and you it seems is having problems. His and your whole argument is based nothing but speculation and wishful thinking and what he/you hope will be not the other way around. Show me what i have posted thats based on "Hope" . Goopy has been showing a number of times how what he hopes to be true simply isnt.

For instance Xbox Gamepass has no games that take advantage of high end PC's and wont till half way into nextgen, This simply isnt true as the is plenty of games on Gamepass already that look miles beyond what the current gen of consoles can do. Maybe you guys are just used to the upscaling that Xbox OneX and PS4Pro does but on PC we get more then just upscaled gfx.

Or how about MS isnt working on any Nextgen games yet?, MS themselves stated cross-gen will only last 1 to 2 years, so does he and you honestly believe that it will only take MS 1 to 2 years to make a nextgen AAA title?, if not then clearly they are already in development.

But like you said lets wait and see.

Again ..nothing I say will change your mind and what you keep saying just sounds like wishful thinking to me. All we can do is wait.

And yet this thread was made despite only having speculation. Users like zero and myself merely responding to negative and arguable speculation, just like users like you can respond to my speculation. 



 

 

Google is engaged in building a first-party roster of games for Stadia. They announced today their second development studio in California. They already have one dev studio open in Montreal.

https://blog.google/products/stadia/games-entertainment-studio-playa-vista



sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Again ..nothing I say will change your mind and what you keep saying just sounds like wishful thinking to me. All we can do is wait.

And yet this thread was made despite only having speculation. Users like zero and myself merely responding to negative and arguable speculation, just like users like you can respond to my speculation. 

It's not speculation when everything I said were just quotes from Phil Spencer. These are all facts

  • MS wants to be the netflix of gaming and says we won't be playing on dedicated consoles/ pc anymore in about 10 years time.
  • MS Does not care if you buy the Series X as they can reach their business goal regardless, which is building GP subscibers for their glorious Cloud future 
  • They want to reach as broad a audience as possible with GP and are therefore making all their 1st party games cross-gen and scalable across their family of devices

The only thing we don't know with 100% certainty is how the games will scale. But using the lowest common tech denominator makes the most sense if they are aiming to reach as many gamers as possible. That's also just a scientific fact. Unless, of course, they are planning to sell 100m Series X's and sell it for $399. So maybe we should just wait till they announce a price, because then things will probably become a lot more clearer.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 04 March 2020