By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is going to mess up this Gen

I'm sure Sony will be fine. They have a plan and i'm sure they won't let Playstation gamers down.

Around the Network

The domed is back?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I mean, it's possible MS made a much better system and can afford to offer it at a very competitive price - game pass shows that the current leadership is willing to cut deeply into their short term profits for long term success. We will know whether or not that is the case later this year, but at this point it doesn't seem very likely to me.

Still that would "only" be a HW disadvantage and Sony's software line up could more than make up for it and result in a "good" gen for them anyway.

I honestly don't think Sony needs to march to the beat of MS's beat. Just because Xbox is releasing info on the Xbox Series X, doesn't mean Sony has to automatically release info on PS5. It seems like there's been much pressure lately for PlayStation to react to Xbox's narratives lately. Whether it was the cross play issue or even now with releasing info on the upcoming consoles. Although Sony was the first to release info on their next console.

I'm not saying Xbox is doing this on purpose, but it's pressure on PlayStation to do something now from PR disaster.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Nah, it isn't the third system yet. PS5 will be fine but PS6 will be messed up.

Around the Network

The OP's post is just as ridiculous as all of the people already declaring the PS5's success.  We don't even know what games will be on the PS5.

Too many people think that gaming is about hardware or gaming is about company brand.  Nope.  Gaming is about games.  People say it, but they don't believe it.  Gaming is about games.  It is premature to call PS5 a success or failure until we have some indication what kind of games it is going to have.

taus90 said:
hunter_alien said:
I am really sorry, but your entire post is pure speculation and honestly based on pretty much nothing. Why don't we wait until we know something concrete about the PS5 and start bashing it afterward I mean some Xbox fans are waiting for something to brag about for an entire generation, why not wait for a couple of extra months, to actually have something?

yup the entire thing is based on speculation. its just that i would have been fine if there were absolute no info on PS5.. its just bugs me that sony has so casually trickled PS5 info over the course of last year. if they indeed wanted to be so secretive they shouldn't have done that wired article.. what was the need of that.

this entire endeavor feels too corporate, as if behind the scenes too many people are involved..

Signal the global development environment what they think the future of console gaming holds? It was obviously not a consumer-centric announcement, and only the core crowd paid attention

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I do think that Sony need a humbling now and then. Castrating Japanese developers and censoring things just isn't the way to go in my opinion.

They won't mess up though. They've got incredible exclusives and a loyal playerbase. It's all on Xbox this gen to recapture the 360's glory.

Haha, no. As much as I'd like Sony to enjoy some humble pie they'll be fine. They've solidified themselves as the market leader and even their worst managed console launches sell better than the competition overall.

The wait and see approach is kinda a sign of inconfidence this far into the gaming industry's existence in my opinion. Especially after they dominated 8th gen. A leader, should lead, not follow.

I hate right before new consoles come out. 90% speculation and false info. DOOM and gloom over the smallest factors that may or may not mean anything. And if course....threads like this.

The same thing happened with the Switch, and look how that turned out. No one even knew what the hell the thing was till nearly three months before release. First it was DOOM over the silence, then it was DOOM over the reveal, then it was DOOM over small launch library, now it is DOOM over next gen consoles...

Hell the same thing happened with the PS4 itself when it came to downplay. First MS fixed it, they listened! Then it was X1 has more exlusives in the first year. Then it was the indiestation 4 BS (now sony fans oddly throw that shade at Switch), then it was "their games are just movies", and then, like the Switch, the install base grew so large that haters could not outright Doom and Gloom it.

I hope they do release a state of play soon with more info. Not because sony might "fk up" if they don't, but to shut everyone up when it comes to baseless speculation. If they reveal the thing and they drop the ball like they did with PS3 or MS did with the X1, THEN we can have a decent discussion on the matter. Right now it only serves as a playground for certain fanbases to hope the PS5 flops for some reason with nothing to go on but made up concerns in their head.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261