By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 1 February 2020

Heh, 3DS is down 91.2% YoY. Yeah, it's basically over at this point.

Around the Network

Europe is such a difficult market for switch. Mario Kart sells well there and not much else. I think the solution is as simple as making a switch exclusive soccer game. 

PS4 is still holding strong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dyotropic said:

Europe is such a difficult market for switch. Mario Kart sells well there and not much else. I think the solution is as simple as making a switch exclusive soccer game. 

I don't see signs of that at all. I mean Mario Kart seems to be the best selling game in all territories. Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Luigis Mansion 3, Pokémon etc are all doing well. 

Dyotropic said:

I take it you dont look at the weekly/monthly charts that get released for UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & Switzerland?

Most recent week/month

UK-15/40

France-4/5

Germany-13/20

Italy-11/20

Spain-5/10

Switzerland-7/10

These also arent just one off occurrences, these are pretty normal results for Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Dyotropic said:

I take it you dont look at the weekly/monthly charts that get released for UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain & Switzerland?

Most recent week/month

UK-15/40

France-4/5

Germany-13/20

Italy-11/20

Spain-5/10

Switzerland-7/10

These also arent just one off occurrences, these are pretty normal results for Switch.

UK is the biggest market in "Europe" by far, so I don't put much wight on the other countries.  The PS4 is still competing with the switch in Europe, while it is dead/dying everywhere else.  

Dyotropic said:
zorg1000 said:

Most recent week/month

UK-15/40

France-4/5

Germany-13/20

Italy-11/20

Spain-5/10

Switzerland-7/10

UK is the biggest market in "Europe" by far, so I don't put much wight on the other countries.  The PS4 is still competing with the switch in Europe, while it is dead everywhere else.  

No it's not, Germany and France are comparable to UK and even if UK was significantly bigger that's a very dumb way to look at Europe as a whole.

PS4 doing strong in Europe does not mean Switch isnt also doing very well there.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dyotropic said:
zorg1000 said:

Most recent week/month

UK-15/40

France-4/5

Germany-13/20

Italy-11/20

Spain-5/10

Switzerland-7/10

UK is the biggest market in "Europe" by far, so I don't put much wight on the other countries.  The PS4 is still competing with the switch in Europe, while it is dead/dying everywhere else.  

Sure about that? I wouldn't use the word "dead" describing the PS4 or Switch. The Switch is just the top dog right now. I wish Xbox One would perform on a similar level.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Switch won't pass PS4 lifetime sales in Europe. It never had a chance. This is console sales in Europe for 2017. 

Dyotropic said:

Switch won't pass PS4 lifetime sales in Europe. It never had a chance. This is console sales in Europe for 2017. 

That literally has nothing to do with what we're talking about and is from over two years ago making it useless even if that was the topic of our discussion.