By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Bidens campaign dead? (EDIT: Well, this was turned around completely.)

Is Biden's campaign no longer viable?

Yes, his campaign is dead! 31 46.27%

His campaign is badly hur... 15 22.39%

He will take a small hit,... 5 7.46%

No, this result will not hurt his campaign. 7 10.45%

Donald Trump will win the democratic primary! 9 13.43%

Total:67
Hiku said:

It's too soon to declare that. He could bounce back. But that he is the most "electable" definitely looks like a questionable claim now.
Especially if recent polling in New Hampshire holds.

NH is a Bernie strong hold so that's not surprising. After that then the next 2 weeks you have SC and NV where Bernie doesnt do so well and can easily be close to 3rd in delegates after

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
DarthJarvis said:
Klobuchar and Yang (and everyone below them) need to drop out.

My guess is hes top 2 or 3 without those.

We may have a case that no candidate gets majority of delegates.

It's more like Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Biden and Bloomberg are stealing each other's voters. As long as they are all running, neither will be able to beat Bernie.

I agree. The 2020 Democratic debates and primaries are turning into a circus like 2016 GOP. They should have learned from them that too many candidates will cannibalize from each other and it leaves the door open for the extreme candidate. I guarantee more people want Buttigieg, Biden or Klobuchar than a Bernie or Warren. And it might cost them the 2020 general election. 

DarthJarvis said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

It's more like Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Biden and Bloomberg are stealing each other's voters. As long as they are all running, neither will be able to beat Bernie.

I agree. The 2020 Democratic debates and primaries are turning into a circus like 2016 GOP. They should have learned from them that too many candidates will cannibalize from each other and it leaves the door open for the extreme candidate. I guarantee more people want Buttigieg, Biden or Klobuchar than a Bernie or Warren. And it might cost them the 2020 general election. 

Well, keep in mind Bernie has to share with Warren, Yang, Tulsi and, to a lesser degree, Steyer, so he'snot getting all the progessive votes for himself either. I'd say it's pretty balanced right now between the moderate and progressive camp, the main difference is that the moderates are all around 10-15% while Bernie is clearly leading in the progressive camp.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
DarthJarvis said:

Well, keep in mind Bernie has to share with Warren, Yang, Tulsi and, to a lesser degree, Steyer, so he'snot getting all the progessive votes for himself either. I'd say it's pretty balanced right now between the moderate and progressive camp, the main difference is that the moderates are all around 10-15% while Bernie is clearly leading in the progressive camp.

I named Warren, and other than her they stole a total of 0 delegates between all of them. Those you listed just have no foothold or buzz. 

DarthJarvis said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I named Warren, and other than her they stole a total of 0 delegates between all of them. Those you listed just have no foothold or buzz. 

If you're going based on delegates than the two factions are dead even with 20 between Warren and Sanders and 20 between Pete, Biden, and Klobuchar. So where are you getting the idea that more people would like to vote for the moderates than the progressives?

Around the Network
DarthJarvis said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Yang does somewhat, which should result in some delegates in bigger states, and Steyer is pretty big in Nevada and South Carolina (especially SC, where he's second in the polls behind Biden). So while they had little to no effect in Iowa, they certainly can and will have a much bigger effect in other states.

I don't think so but only time will tell. I don't believe Dems are going to win the White House in 2020 regardless of who wins the Democrat primary anyway.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
DarthJarvis said:

Yang does somewhat, which should result in some delegates in bigger states, and Steyer is pretty big in Nevada and South Carolina (especially SC, where he's second in the polls behind Biden). So while they had little to no effect in Iowa, they certainly can and will have a much bigger effect in other states.

You're probably right moving forward. Well have to see.

Torillian said:
DarthJarvis said:

If you're going based on delegates than the two factions are dead even with 20 between Warren and Sanders and 20 between Pete, Biden, and Klobuchar. So where are you getting the idea that more people would like to vote for the moderates than the progressives?

Bernie notoriously over performs in caucuses. After NH and Vermont he'll be finishing 3rd pretty substantially 

DarthJarvis said:
Torillian said:

Bernie notoriously over performs in caucuses. After NH and Vermont he'll be finishing 3rd pretty substantially. Which makes complete sense. It's about bullying people to vote for your candidate. The more vocal more dedicated supporters will benefit.