By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would be the worst?

Which current or hypothetical situation is or would be the worst to happen for you?

applE releases a console. 0 0%

google stadia stays Put. 0 0%

microSoft ending xbox to ... 4 9.52%

microsoft ending pc suppo... 6 14.29%

sony announcing all plays... 8 19.05%

nintendo going vr only, no other devIces. 24 57.14%

blizzard going mobile oNly. 0 0%

Total:42
Shiken said:
To me, the only clear answer is that Nintendo made their games VR only. As a multiplatform gamer, most of the other things you listed would not really phase me because it is only changing where they would be played. I would just simply invest in those platforms as I saw fit.

Nintendo going VR only however would drastically change their games at the core, and not in a good way. The occasional VR project is bot a problem, but not every game is a fit for VR.

I'd quit Nintendo if that happens, and that is something I never thought I'd say.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Shiken said:
To me, the only clear answer is that Nintendo made their games VR only. As a multiplatform gamer, most of the other things you listed would not really phase me because it is only changing where they would be played. I would just simply invest in those platforms as I saw fit.

Nintendo going VR only however would drastically change their games at the core, and not in a good way. The occasional VR project is bot a problem, but not every game is a fit for VR.

I'd quit Nintendo if that happens, and that is something I never thought I'd say.

Sadly, I feel the same.  Which is sad because one of my favorite franchises of all time is a Nintendo IP.

Luckily, that will never happen so I think we are safe on that front!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Shiken said:
Dulfite said:

Sadly, I feel the same.  Which is sad because one of my favorite franchises of all time is a Nintendo IP.

Now there's a product and name that could do this idea justice!

Imagine, this color, and only this color, period.

EricHiggin said:
Shiken said:

Shiken said:

I actually had a Virtual Boy and at the time thought it was pretty cool.  Shame a few of the suprisingly good games on it are stuck on the platform.  I was particularly fond of Wario World myself.

Shiken said:
EricHiggin said:

I actually had a Virtual Boy and at the time thought it was pretty cool.  Shame a few of the suprisingly good games on it are stuck on the platform.  I was particularly fond of Wario World myself.

I was trying to worsen the already horrible scenario. A Wii U type situation sort of. I'm not trying to bash VB of the past.

Around the Network

The worst? I really couldn't care less, as long as I have 1 machine to play games on, everything is good.

In fact if sony and Microsoft decided to not release a new console for the next 10 years, I'd still be OK, I still have a huge pile of games to play on both Ps4, xbox, switch and wiiU. I have enough games for 10 years.

Just a note, Apple wont release a console, Apple only releases premium products, and gamers are not willing to pay for premium, look at the current consoles, cheap plastic, cheap cooling (minus xbox X), cheap parts, bad OS (specially xbox), cheap controllers that don't last.

Looking at Macbooks, if apple released a console would be top quality with fingerprint on the controller, costing minimum 1000 dollars.

EricHiggin said:
Shiken said:

I was trying to worsen the already horrible scenario. A Wii U type situation sort of. I'm not trying to bash VB of the past.

I did not think you were lol.  I just got a little nostalgic is all.  Really wish I still had it, but I was young and stupid.  Got burned on a game trading site and gave it away.    Do not even remember what the trade was for, but I am kicking myself today.

In any case, I don't see how giving up Nintendo could be made worse by how the VR device looked.  At that point, ruined would be ruined in my eyes.  =P

Thread update since Blizzard finna be owned by Microsoft.

So Microsoft going mobile only?

I wouldn't mind any of that stuff.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.