By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: two new Silent Hill games in development at Konami, one a soft reboot and the other an Until Dawn/Telltale-style episodic game

[SOURCE]

Well, I WISH I could get excited for this, but Konami has had such a terrible track record butchering beloved IPs that I just can't. Does nobody remember what they did with Contra Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive? And a Castlevania mobile game? Not to mention their track record with Silent Hill: losing the source code and botching the SH2&3 remasters, cancelling PT/Silent Hills, whoring out games to 3rd rate Western developers that fumble, and making a Silent Hill pachinko machine.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to be wrong and for both these games to be amazing (I LOVE Silent Hill), but they give me no reason to have high hopes for them.

Around the Network

Well that truly have potential. It can be great or dreadful.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TBH an Until Dawn/Telltale-style game in the Silent Hill series could be amazing... if done well... if done well... if done well...

I really enjoyed Until Dawn so an Until Dawn style game for this would be very interesting.

I like until dawn, but until dawn is until dawn. Even the remake of silent hill 1 (the frozen World) was good, I prefer old style gameplay and combat, as well as tank controls. They should include that as a gameplay/control options, so we oldschool gamers can get our fix.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

TBH an Until Dawn/Telltale-style game in the Silent Hill series could be amazing... if done well... if done well... if done well...

They're on that medium rare fence that's all the rave now >.<

Lube Me Up

CaptainExplosion said:
Won't hold my breath, especially after they turned Contra into Smash TV crossed with a turd.

And Metal Gear into a zombie survival game/fence poker simulator. And charged $10. For.A.Second.Save.Slot. They even somehow managed to fuck up Super Bomberman R:

I'd love to be wrong and to enjoy the hell out of both these games, but this is modern day Konami we're talking about here.

Anytime this IP gets brought up, I get sad because of the potential that was behind Silent Hills...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Hope this is true. I'm waiting for a new Silent Hill for a long time. I played all of them, except 3 and Downpour.

A Silent Hill game with gameplay similar to Telltale Games would be very interesting.