By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Kobe Bryant Dead at 41 due to helicopter crash.

This is crazy. I'm expecting this to be debunked any second now, fucking hell...

RiP

Around the Network
Xxain said:
So somebody elses daughter was also lost.

Besides Kobe and his daughter another parent and their kid were on their way to the same basketball game. 

Barozi said:
Really tragic. Liked him quite a bit.

This incident further reinforces my stance on helicopters. I'm never going to board one. There are far too many crashes and it can happen even to the most experienced pilots.

I can't imagine the fear felt as the helicopter is going down.

RIP.

Jesus christ...

RIP

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

A damn shame. So young. Didn't even have the chance to properly enjoy retirement.

...His daughter gone too. Jesus. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Around the Network

I wake up today to the news that one of my childhood idols and favorite basketball player of all time is dead...
Fuck, man... I just... I...
I fell in love with basketball watching him play. He was my hero... Now he's gone...
I just don't want to believe it, man. And right when he was getting started on this 2nd phase of his life, that was looking to be just as, if not better, than his basketball career. He won an Oscar on top of the 5 championships and awards he got in his playing career.
And his daughter, also! It's bad enough that we lost Kobe, but Gianna, too?!? She was just getting started in life. 13 years old.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his wife, Vanessa, his surviving daughters, Natalia, Bianka, and Capri, and all the rest of his family. I, and a lot of other people, lost our favorite player; An icon, a legend... But they lost their husband/father and daughter/sister. Bianka and Capri, I especially feel sorry for. They're 2 years and 7 months old, respectively. Now, they have to grow up without their father and older sister.

My heartfelt condolences also go out to the families and loved ones of the other passengers who were on board that helicopter who tragically lost their lives.

Just a horrible, tragic day.

Rest in Peace, Kobe; You and your daughter.
Thank you for everything.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that 2020 can piss off.

I don’t even know what to say, this all so crazy to me. As a LA native the Lakers and specifically Kobe Bryant are what got me to fall in love with Basketball he will always be my favorite player of all time and am privileged to have seen him play in his prime.

Rest In Peace my GOAT Kobe Bryant, Gianna Bryant and the Passengers as well.

KO-BE! KO-BE! KO-BE! KO-BE!

OTBWY said:
This is so sad. I can't believe it. One of my sports heroes is gone just like that. Blink of an eye. Fuck, man.

Yeah dude, totally. Life's fucked up like that. When something like this happens, so randomly, it makes me truly question what the meaning of anything truly is. To lose a life just like that. One second you're here and then one second you're gone....freaky.

I really, REALLY cannot even begin to imagine what his family is going through. Didn't he just have a kid recently? Ohhh man, this is just too much. I was no fan of him or the sport or anything, but have respect for the guy's talent. Also seemed like a cool dude. This truly sucks.