Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

You concerned yet?

Yes 85 48.02%

No, but I will be followi... 50 28.25%

No, its being overblown 42 23.73%

Total:177
EnricoPallazzo said:
You guys think this sudden increase in the last few days in USA has any relation with all the protests that started one month ago? I would say yes but it doesn't seems to exist a relation between the states with more protests and the states with the sudden increase in the last few days.

It has a lot to do with states lifting restrictions and people getting sick of the restrictions and acting less cautious.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Around the Network

Kinda bizarre to see that even Africa will surpass Europe soon in daily cases and that other countries (*cough* USA *cough*) never really got out of the first wave.
The virus still hasn't peaked globally. Confirmed cases will reach 10m and deaths 500k on the same day.

Still going to be a long way until things will be like they were in 2019.

Last edited by Barozi - 6 days ago

Kinda funny how people don't care to be sick in a country where being sick means going bakrupt. I guess to retain the freedom to lose all your money is worth more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

chakkra said:
SpokenTruth said:

NO, and I'll give you a very simple reason why.  Imagine a large city.  I'll use mine for example.

Protests: 3,000 people outside wearing masks.
Opening too soon: 600,000 people indoors shopping with no masks (based on my personal tabulation of mask to no mask ratio).

You guys keep repeating this but Youtube is FULL with videos where you can see A LOT of protesters and police officers not only not wearing masks, but shouting in each other faces and outright engaging in melee confrontation.

as it happens with everything on the internet, people are biased based on their political views. I believe there is a little bit of both in what you guys said.

Also not everything we see in the videos is a mask, its just a face cover to allow people to go into their "activities", which would not help with the virus.

But yeah, in theory the whole city going back to normal business without respecting social distancing is MUCH worse than a few thousand in the streets.

Arizona will have triage panels soon (early-mid july), to decide who gets care or not in hospitals.

"soon the only option might be "crisis levels of care"" - Will Humble (former director of arizona's department of health)

What does that mean? Well :

"If your in a bed, normally they'll keep you for a few days, but now they're going to send you home with oxygen" - Will Humble

Basically, they ll check your symptoms, and give you a gas tank full of air, send you home, and prey you make it.
Naturally this isn't as safe as being in a hospital hooked up to systems that monitor your health, and doctors come running if things get bad.

The triage thing, basically means if you have a co-factor, or are old, they wont bother to treat you, and instead spend their efforts on younger people that have a better chance of makeing it.  Dont be old and get sick... it kills you.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Arizona will have triage panels soon (early-mid july), to decide who gets care or not in hospitals.

"soon the only option might be "crisis levels of care"" - Will Humble (former director of arizona's department of health)

What does that mean? Well :

"If your in a bed, normally they'll keep you for a few days, but now they're going to send you home with oxygen" - Will Humble

Basically, they ll check your symptoms, and give you a gas tank full of air, send you home, and prey you make it.
Naturally this isn't as safe as being in a hospital hooked up to systems that monitor your health, and doctors come running if things get bad.

The triage thing, basically means if you have a co-factor, or are old, they wont bother to treat you, and instead spend their efforts on younger people that have a better chance of makeing it.  Dont be old and get sick... it kills you.

That happened here in uk for a few weeks, its really scary, but inevitable.

This is what most people dont get about this virus, specially in countries with limited number of beds.

The death rate might be very low, but when you apply it to hundreds of million of people at the same time, you have chaos.

SpokenTruth said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Yeah makes sense. Its kind of crazy that the numbers are going up again. People seem to just dont care

Which is precisely the problem. This pandemic has provided the world with a very interesting metric....basic empathy.  You can practically tabulate empathy per country based on national Covid-19 responses and secondary actions (re-openings, health mandates, etc...). From the data available, a near majority of US citizens simply do not give a damn about anybody but themselves.

chakkra said:

You guys keep repeating this but Youtube is FULL with videos where you can see A LOT of protesters and police officers not only not wearing masks, but shouting in each other faces and outright engaging in melee confrontation.

1). I was there.  I was part of them.  We handed out masks to those that didn't have them.  Hell, we even offered them to the police.

2). You may be partially right. It's possible that a portion of the protesting population across the US did not have masks and were video recorded as such.  I do note that you did not provide any such videos.

3). Police?  LOL.  Of course they weren't wearing masks....unless they intended to hit protestors will chemical weapons.  You know, the same chemical weapons our own military has agreed to never use on a foreign enemy military as part of the Rules of Military Engagement of the Geneva Convention? But fuck our own citizens, right?

4). But let's just take your whole issue at face value and say absolutely no protestor wore a face mask. NONE.  3,000 vs 600,000.  Do we really need to keep going down this rabbit hole?

That's okay, If you truly believe that those activities didn't help to spread the virus, I will do absolutely nothing to try to change your mind. I just found it weird that I kept seeing the statement "all protesters were wearing masks" when I had seen something completely different on the videos.

Soccer is back on in the UK, yesterday:

The UK still sits at around 1000 reported cases and 136 reported deaths per day

I'm far from religious but it is getting biblical out there lol
Pandemic, Insect swarms in Canada, Killer hornets in the US, Solar eclipse (darkness), Vicious hail storms, Tornadoes in Ontario, Godzilla dust storm in the USA, Blood rain in Europe, Locust plague state of emergency in Argentina.

Last edited by SvennoJ - 6 days ago

There are always natural disasters. The earth just can't seem to get rid of the pesky virus known as humans no matter how hard it tries. Might need help of an astroid to wipe the slate clean.

Flordia had 8,942 daily cases yesterday.... and today its currently over +9,585 new cases.

Anyone wanna make bets (guess) where florida is a week from now?
Do they take drastic meassures to stop spread? does it just keep going up?
Will we see 15-20,000 new daily cases in flordia a week from now?