By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

There collapsed a hotel building in China in which they had people with suspected infections. As If the virus isn't already enough...

Around the Network
Phoenix20 said:

While fighting over toilet paper in a retail store is asinine in itself, why the fuck are those two women trying to buy so much at once? (presumably all the store had in stock) Selfish as fuck 

Last edited by PortisheadBiscuit - on 08 March 2020

drkohler said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Now some healthy people think this current case will effect their own life so it is suddenly important to put so much attention towards it,the reality is that for ourselves the danger is almost laughable compared to those that are always exposed to these dangers. 

Well for many people it already greatly affects their lives. Pretty much all airline operators are scaling back, some by 50%. The first British airline just went broke (probably would have anyways, but that is the shape of things to come for many of those small airlines if that virus is still active into summer) The first industries are running out of raw/intermediate material as China has significantly reduced its output (or not gone back to normal after Chinese new year ended). That's the bane of "just in time" western production, and relying on China delivering pretty much everything on time.

Even Elon Musk will start to feel it when the rare earths are no longer coming from China. Let's not even mention, well let's do it anyways, all the shit that used to come from cheap online sites like Wish.

Yeah i was more focussing on health alone with that comment because that is what the media is overblowing for clicks,productionwise it does effect a lot more but that damage will not be a lasting one.

I work with everything iron/steel myself and i know how much of that relates to china.

Snoopy said:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/elon-musk-calls-coronavirus-panic-is-dumb/

I actually agree with Elon Musk.

---
This is the first time I have ever agreed with Elon Musk. Whoever is giving him the script obviously knows that the Corona Virus, while not a hoax, is purposely blown out of proportion and used as both fearmongering and an economic war against China and other Western rivals. See what has happened...

- Chinese Economy suffered a big blow
- Oil prices are tanking
- Russian Economy gets a moderate blow
- Iran gets a big blow both from Corona and in Syria
- Syrian Regime gets a big ass-kick
- the EU also gets a moderate blow from migrant crisis

Basically the Shangai Cooperation is losing everywhere against the Western Alliance. Also the EU who resists the Western (Anglo-Saxon) Hegemony gets a big kick in the crutch.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Masturbating a lot improves the immune system. Start fappin people we got a world to save!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
freedquaker said:
Snoopy said:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/elon-musk-calls-coronavirus-panic-is-dumb/

I actually agree with Elon Musk.

---
This is the first time I have ever agreed with Elon Musk. Whoever is giving him the script obviously knows that the Corona Virus, while not a hoax, is purposely blown out of proportion and used as both fearmongering and an economic war against China and other Western rivals. See what has happened...

- Oil prices are tanking

Basically the Shangai Cooperation is losing everywhere against the Western Alliance. Also the EU who resists the Western (Anglo-Saxon) Hegemony gets a big kick in the crutch.

It's not about how bad it is now but how it could develop If we would Just act like it's a yearly flu season 

These conspiracy theories are so stupid. All the experts in all these countries don't all belong to some group who want to destroy almost every country. They just understand better than you behind your smartphone what we have to deal with and that's why they say that it's more dangerous.

We don't close schools even in countries like Germany because some Western (Anglo-Saxon) Hegemony wants even more power in this planet.

Wtf did I just read...

John2290 said:
Lafiel said:

corona viruses (like SARS and the new one) are RNA viruses and therefore are highly variable, albeit a little bit less than other types of RNA viruses, meaning that it's unlikely there will be a vaccine that works for a long time

and as SARS itself just vanished after the HK outbreak there was no real need to develop one (which would pretty certainly have been ineffective for a new outbreak years later anyway)

influenza viruses ("the flu") also are RNA viruses (more variable ones than corona viruses though) which is why people need a new flu shot every season

drugs stay more effective as they generally target the virus reproduction, which is a bit less prone to change than it's surface structures (which is what vaccines/the body target)

That's really soothing but not soothing at all. Wait, that's the opposite of soothing, what's a good antonym for soothing, hmm, fucked works. That's fucked. It means they have absolutely no idea how, when or how long or if at all there will be a vaccine for mass production. First phase one trials in April but shouldn't they keep it completely hush, hush in case, ya know, they fail or god forbid fail multiple times consequently or differnet companies all fail and it looks to the public as if it's a string of failures, oh that'll make everyone feel right warm and fuzzy and not at all agitated. 

What makes you think that vaccines will fix anything? There are countless flu vaccines every single year, yet there are millions and millions of flu cases every year. That's because viruses are very resistant and mutate constantly. Mutating is like their whole thing. So what do you think will happen after we get a vaccine for this one? First of all, not everyone will get a shot, most people probably won't even bother getting one. So the disease will just spread further and it will become a normal everyday disease like we have so many of. What do you think causes a cold?

This massive outrage about a thing that we had to deal with for millennia every single day, that you had to deal with every single day since you were born, is just ridiculous. And you can absolutely count on the fact that the outrage and massive overreaction to this virus will hurt much much more people in the long run than the virus ever could. Anxiety, stress, an overburdened health system that cannot function properly because a light cold is treated as if it's the black plague, a heavily damaged economy, all these things will hurt so many people. I don't even want to think about the amount of people who got their treatments for their serious illnesses delayed, because so many resources are wasted on this bullshit. And you, with your panic far removed from reality, are at the forefront of causing all that harm to others who just want to live their lives. Congratulations.

Last edited by vivster - on 08 March 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

crissindahouse said:
freedquaker said:

---

- Oil prices are tanking

It's not about how bad it is now but how it could develop If we would Just act like it's a yearly flu season 

These conspiracy theories are so stupid. All the experts in all these countries don't all belong to some group who want to destroy almost every country. They just understand better than you behind your smartphone what we have to deal with and that's why they say that it's more dangerous.

We don't close schools even in countries like Germany because some Western (Anglo-Saxon) Hegemony wants even more power in this planet.

Wtf did I just read...

We live in a world where completely harmless lead compounds are removed from vaccines just to appease an overly dramatic population. So yeah, I don't really give much about what democratically elected politicians do about their voters' hysteria.

There is no conspiracy, there is just the usual craziness of smart people trying their best to keep the idiots, who outnumber them greatly, in check. I don't think overreacting officials are stupid or malicious in their actions, they're just trying to do something about a situation that might not be harmful, but is completely out of anyone's control. The containment policies are more to prevent healthy people to hurt themselves by giving them ease of mind than to stem a virus.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
crissindahouse said:

Wtf did I just read...

We live in a world where completely harmless lead compounds are removed from vaccines just to appease an overly dramatic population. So yeah, I don't really give much about what democratically elected politicians do about their voters' hysteria.

There is no conspiracy, there is just the usual craziness of smart people trying their best to keep the idiots, who outnumber them greatly, in check. I don't think overreacting officials are stupid or malicious in their actions, they're just trying to do something about a situation that might not be harmful, but is completely out of anyone's control. The containment policies are more to prevent healthy people to hurt themselves by giving them ease of mind than to stem a virus.

Yeah politicians are more about popularity than reality,whatever will gain them the best spotlight from the majority of the common folk is gold to a lot of them.

And yeah i do agree,the biggest damage will be caused by the panic people have about this and that sadly shows how much we still hold on to our shitty profit above morals media.

John2290 said:
vivster said:

What makes you think that vaccines will fix anything? There are countless flu vaccines every single year, yet there are millions and millions of flu cases every year. That's because viruses are very resistant and mutate constantly. Mutating is like their whole thing. So what do you think will happen after we get a vaccine for this one? First of all, not everyone will get a shot, most people probably won't even bother getting one. So the disease will just spread further and it will become a normal everyday disease like we have so many of. What do you think causes a cold?

This massive outrage about a thing that we had to deal with for millennia every single day, that you had to deal with every single day since you were born, is just ridiculous. And you can absolutely count on the fact that the outrage and massive overreaction to this virus will hurt much much more people in the long run than the virus ever could. Anxiety, stress, an overburdened health system that cannot function properly because a light cold is treated as if it's the black plague, a heavily damaged economy, all these things will hurt so many people. I don't even want to think about the amount of people who got their treatments for their serious illnesses delayed, because so many resources are wasted on this bullshit. And you, with your panic far removed from reality, are at the forefront of causing all that harm to others who just want to live their lives. Congratulations.

The people who are at risk of dying will get the vaccine..ya, know and not die, but your self serving morals aside with no regard for the already sick or old how do you see any western nation handling the numbers of critical patients if they numbers keep on the path they are now and land where the experts suggest? Where do the already sick and hospitalized go? You can't just put a Covid patient next to a cancer patient without safegaurds. Hell, even the same building is unethical, where do the cancer patients go? If you have it figured please tell your local offical to alert the WHO that you've got to solition to the problem and everyone is all good now. 

Take a step back and realize you have just begun to care about the already sick and hospitalized because of the mediahype,those people have always been at risk year after year and now that we ourselves have a small small chance to be affected it is suddenly important to include them into our arguments to be able to enforce our believes?

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 08 March 2020