By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

John2290 said:

Accidentally.

Accidentally what?

Read the links. It's unlikely it started in Wuhan, it's unlikely it came from a lab. 3 early strains have been identified around Wuhan pointing to an intermediary animal host. Humans need to stop taking credit for everything nature does :)

What are the chances, millions of bats interacting with millions of other animals out in nature, or one test gone wrong in a lab that somehow allowed cross infection to an intermediary species that just so happened to facilitate a viable mutation that then jumped onto the researcher or janitor or however it could have exited the lab. Was anyone working at the lab infected?

Around the Network

If it didn't start in Wuhan, where did it start?

Nighthawk117 said:

"China has been trying to avoid fallout from coronavirus. Now 100 countries are pushing for an investigation"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-has-been-trying-to-avoid-fallout-from-coronavirus-now-100-countries-are-pushing-for-an-investigation/ar-BB14e9pE?li=BBnb7Kz

Gee, who would have thunk? Ohh and it's a CNN report and not Fox News, so it can't be fake, right?

Erm water is wet?

And who is going to make sure an independent investigation will indeed be independent. More investigations are always better. It's important to find out how it happened to prevent it from happening again or at least better know what to look for. Yet any country would be hesitant to have 'independent' investigation pushed upon them when the premise is to seek reparation. With trillions of dollars as motive, who would not be hesitant.

Time will tell just who is right. I'm betting on an accidental release from a lab worker at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Potholer54 has a pretty good summary of where we stand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-r0capbzk

Around the Network
John2290 said:
SvennoJ said:

Accidentally what?

Read the links. It's unlikely it started in Wuhan, it's unlikely it came from a lab. 3 early strains have been identified around Wuhan pointing to an intermediary animal host. Humans need to stop taking credit for everything nature does :)

What are the chances, millions of bats interacting with millions of other animals out in nature, or one test gone wrong in a lab that somehow allowed cross infection to an intermediary species that just so happened to facilitate a viable mutation that then jumped onto the researcher or janitor or however it could have exited the lab. Was anyone working at the lab infected?

Jesus, Maybe Nighthawk is right and you need to stop the CCP Koolaid. It's common sense after you look at the facts, it's the definition of Occums razor. I'm not getting into an argument over this again, I've been in too many, believe what ya want cause it makes no difference to anything, the same as me believing it did.

Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that states that "Entities should not be multiplied without necessity." The idea is attributed to English Franciscan friar William of Ockham, a scholastic philosopher and theologian who used a preference for simplicity to defend the idea of divine miracles.

Nature has a lab the size of a planet, what are the chances this 'accident' happened in a human lab instead of out in nature's lab. It would be a divine miracle if the needed random mutation happened in a lab.

drkohler said:
Potholer54 has a pretty good summary of where we stand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab-r0capbzk

Good research there, amazing how the internet runs away with distorted 'facts'

Lab isn't even close to the sea food market, 12km away. Wuhan CDC is the one that's close to the market.

Great video on how conspiracy theories get started.

The Chinese government is solely responsible for all 315000+ people that has died from the Covid-19 virus, if saying that makes me racist then i am racist

melbye said:
The Chinese government is solely responsible for all 315000+ people that has died from the Covid-19 virus, if saying that makes me racist then i am racist

Now now, being wrong doesn't necessarily make you a racist.

melbye said:

no they are not - the world is complicated, deal with it