Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

You concerned yet?

Yes 83 47.98%

No, but I will be followi... 50 28.90%

No, its being overblown 40 23.12%

Total:173
Snoopy said:

Corona virus update : It still over blown!!!!! People, we are seeing a death rate of about 1.3% and probably much lower than that because there are a lot more people who have the virus, but haven't been tested to be part of that statistic. If you're old stay at home, if you're young go out and have fun!!!

This has to be one of the most stupid advices I have ever heard in my life. How old are your parents and grandparents? I guess you don't have anyone in your family that you care about since you are willing to put their lives in danger just because you want to "go out and have fun."

Oh, and btw, if you get sick, even if you don't die, you will still be forced to be in bed for a few weeks, so you won't be able to "go out and have fun" anyways.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Chris Hu said:

Twix is a candy bar made by Mars Inc. its pretty much a global brand like Coca Cola and Pepsi.  I'm pretty sure they sell them in stores where you live also.

Oh yeah, I know of twix. Guess I'm not a twix kinda guy that the brand recognition didn't click. Caramel is worse than Covid, tbh. 

Caramel by itself isn't that great but caramel inside candy bars is pretty good.  That being said I prefer Snickers over Twix.  As far as stuff made by Mars Inc. I actually like Starbusts and Skittles better then their candy bars.

chakkra said:
Snoopy said:

Corona virus update : It still over blown!!!!! People, we are seeing a death rate of about 1.3% and probably much lower than that because there are a lot more people who have the virus, but haven't been tested to be part of that statistic. If you're old stay at home, if you're young go out and have fun!!!

This has to be one of the most stupid advices I have ever heard in my life. How old are your parents and grandparents? I guess you don't have anyone in your family that you care about since you are willing to put their lives in danger just because you want to "go out and have fun."

Oh, and btw, if you get sick, even if you don't die, you will still be forced to be in bed for a few weeks, so you won't be able to "go out and have fun" anyways.

That was stupid advice, if you're not in an area that's been locked down then going out is fine, but you should still be taking a lot more precautions than you usually would, minimise the amount of people that you come into contact with, ideally wear a mask and wash your hands more than normal. You should also really have a better reason than "to have fun" for going out.

Although @bolded, that isn't necessarily true. My Dad was only actually in bed with it for 1-2 days. Since then it's been more on and off. He's sometimes felt pretty bad still, but at others times he's been mostly fine with just a cough. Other than the couple days he was really bad he's been up and about though. Not able to leave the house, obviously, but definitely not forced to stay in bed.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

The media's praising Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg for donating $25 million towards fighting the virus, despite that being more like $20 for them.

We're in the middle of a fucking pandemic and that's ALL they're giving us? Cheapskate parasites.

Ryuu96 said:
Snoopy said:

Yeah, no.

This is ridiculously stupid advice, everyone ignore Snoopy.

Straight to a thread ban, I don't want to see stupid advice that could put lives in danger.

Agreed. I to think that the mortality ratio is lower than reported due to people self isolating and showing no symptoms. I actually "want" the virus simply to build immunity, I'm also young and healthy but that simply isn't the point.

You risk infecting someone not in your position. Someone elderly and/or with underlying heath issues they potentially don't even know about. Could you live with yourself if you were responsible for infecting and killing someone? I couldn't.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
The media's praising Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg for donating $25 million towards fighting the virus, despite that being more like $20 for them.

We're in the middle of a fucking pandemic and that's ALL they're giving us? Cheapskate parasites.

How much have you donated?

ironmanDX said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That's not the point. The point is they donated way less than they needed too.

Those who have more should give more, and these people have barely given at all.

Not to mention (to no surprise at all) Jeff Bezos made a fortune selling stocks in wake of the pandemic. He's an even bigger parasite.

CaptainExplosion said:
ironmanDX said:

Those who have more should give more, and these people have barely given at all.

Not to mention (to no surprise at all) Jeff Bezos made a fortune selling stocks in wake of the pandemic. He's an even bigger parasite.

They have given more. They gave $25 million dollars.

It's not the point? You've donated nothing?

CaptainExplosion said:
ironmanDX said:

It is the point. You just said "that's like $20 to them" so... have you given $20 yet? Because if not then you're just a hypocrite. You can't call other people out for giving "relatively little" when you've given literally nothing.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It is the point. You just said "that's like $20 to them" so... have you given $20 yet? Because if not then you're just a hypocrite. You can't call other people out for giving "relatively little" when you've given literally nothing.

Yep.