By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

US will hit 100k cases today - 3/27, and 200k by 3/31 or sooner, by my math.

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:
US will hit 100k cases today - 3/27, and 200k by 3/31 or sooner, by my math.

They already did, sitting at 102k

John2290...brother....paragraphs...are....your....friend.

John2290 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Awe, I tried to edit but I can't be arsed. I'm so fucking tired of this mess. 

Dude, relax. Yes, times are tough.  But we are young and strong.  We will get through this...Paragraphs are your friend, remember :)

John2290 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Try to avoid this thread for a while(and play Nioh 2).

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
John2290 said:

Try to avoid this thread for a while(and play Nioh 2).

And I've been playing Days Gone for the last month, with remorse.

JRPGfan said:
Any chance the US see's 20,000+ newly confirmed cases today? (currently at around 17k)

Probably notm its night time on the east coast and most states have reported their cases for the day by 6pm.

Ontario has now issued an emergency alert (usually used for amber alerts)

Civil Emergency
Issued at 15:05 Friday 27 March 2020
Importance

HIGH
Description

TRAVELERS RETURNING TO ONTARIO

You are at high risk of spreading COVID 19.

You are required by law to self-isolate for 14 days.

DO NOT visit stores, family or friends.

Everyone should stay home to stop the spread.

Learn more at this website www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
Area Description

Ontario
Issued By

Provincial Emergency Operations Centre

Bit late, a week after March break ended.

i have no clue how close it is now since they're not reporting where new cases are found anymore. Too many, I guess my town will alert us when people start testing positive here.

There is no information regarding gender, ages, locations or means of transmission for all of the new patients on the government's website. "Information for all cases today is pending," the website states.

Yaffe said that of the 993 cases in the province, data relating to transmission of COVID-19 is still missing in roughly 40 per cent of cases as public health units continue to report their findings. "Of those we know about, a third had travelled in the 14 days before becoming ill," she said.

"The most common source of exposure has been in the United States. The second most common source is Europe. Ten per cent of the cases had close contact with a confirmed case and 16 per cent had neither," which Yaffe says is evidence of community transmission.

Netflix time while the internet lasts :)

Oh, this explains (some of) the missing numbers in China

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/27/822407626/mystery-in-wuhan-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-negative-then-positive

Under its newest COVID-19 prevention guidelines, China does not include in its overall daily count for total and for new cases those who retest positive after being released from medical care. China also does not include asymptomatic cases in case counts.

"I have no idea why the authorities choose not to count [asymptomatic] cases in the official case count. I am baffled," said one of the Wuhan doctors who had a second positive test after recovering.

And now China is closing its borders for foreigners to stop the virus from coming back in. It's nice no country actually closes their borders to stop the virus from going out....