By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W3, 2020 (Jan 03 - Jan 19)

hunter_alien said:
Even though PS4 software sales are decent, hardware is falling fast. Sony needs to give it a price cut in Japan if they want to be able to sell one million unit or close to it, this year.

I'd hope a global pricecut comes this year, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

PS4 should sell about 700k in Japan this year.

Around the Network

Oh damn what a shame. Im still hoping the entire collection of Wii U games still ports over to Switch.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Barkley said:
Supermario28 said:

WiiU - 23.8k
Switch - 18.8k

Well... that's surprising. Considering how poorly the original performed I was expecting the Switch release to do a lot better. I guess the WiiU wasn't the reason the game flopped after all.

Maybe western sales will be better though.

Original apparently sold ~330k LT Globally, was hoping the Switch release could hit at least double that.

Not really surprising though, TMS: FE is an incredibly undesirable game. From a glance, anybody who doesn't have any interest in idol culture at all is completely put off.

I love both FE and dungeon crawling RPGs (never have played an SMT game though tbh) but I wouldn't be caught dead playing TMS no matter how good its word of mouth is. I can't stand it's aesthetic and weeby idol focus and it seems I'm not alone.

I'm honestly surprised that it managed to chart above 15k. I don't expect it to ever cross 750k LT across the Wii U and Switch versions either.

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 22 January 2020

Pokemon Sword/Shield passes Splatoon 2 at retail this week.

Switch doing great! PS4 is 67% down YoY even with some new software.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:
Barkley said:

Well... that's surprising. Considering how poorly the original performed I was expecting the Switch release to do a lot better. I guess the WiiU wasn't the reason the game flopped after all.

Original apparently sold ~330k LT Globally, was hoping the Switch release could hit at least double that.

Not really surprising though, TMS: FE is an incredibly undesirable game. From a glance, anybody who doesn't have any interest in idol culture at all is completely put off.

I love both FE and dungeon crawling RPGs (never have played an SMT game though tbh) but I wouldn't be caught dead playing TMS no matter how good its word of mouth is. I can't stand it's aesthetic and weeby idol focus and it seems I'm not alone.

I'm honestly surprised that it managed to chart above 15k. I don't expect it to ever cross 750k LT across the Wii U and Switch versions either.

I have literally no knowledge or interest in Idol Culture but I wouldn't mind playing the game. Oh well.

Nu-13 said:

Switch maintains over 30% yoy growth and ps4 has low sales as expected. It just received 300k of software sales from new releases and sold the same as last week. Because new software doesn't do much for sales of super old hardware.

It is not the hardware it is the software, 6-8 Yakuza games, a bunch of DBZ games and another game based on the three kingdoms, you can't expect it to sell many PS4's.

RingoGaSuki said:
Barkley said:

I had your same concerns, but so far is not that bad. gameplay wise is as good as any other SMT game, the combat could be even better. The weeby idol part can be cringy, but i skip the music videos.

Switch up 25k compared to last year. Wow!

Pretty happy with TMS numbers, 10k too many, but I can live with that.