By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta vs. Vanquish

Bayonetta vs. Vanquish

Bayonetta 548 72.30%

Vanquish 210 27.70%

Total:758
super_etecoon said:
I only played the demo for Bayonetta 2 and boy that wasn't very fun at all. I also found the tone of the game off putting. Who knows, maybe I would have gotten into it if I had given it a bit longer, but I'm just not that much of a fan of Real Time Event button presses.

Are you sure it was Bayonetta 2 you played, cos I'm pretty sure that one doesn't have QTEs. The first game does, but the second cut them out, at least to my memory.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
super_etecoon said:
I only played the demo for Bayonetta 2 and boy that wasn't very fun at all. I also found the tone of the game off putting. Who knows, maybe I would have gotten into it if I had given it a bit longer, but I'm just not that much of a fan of Real Time Event button presses.

Are you sure it was Bayonetta 2 you played, cos I'm pretty sure that one doesn't have QTEs. The first game does, but the second cut them out, at least to my memory.

I can't be certain.  It was a demo on a train that was moving at high speeds.  

super_etecoon said:
curl-6 said:

I can't be certain.  It was a demo on a train that was moving at high speeds.  

Yeah that's Bayo 2. I don't remember it having the QTEs of the first game though, granted I haven't played it in years. I remember that was something I liked since my one issue with the first game as that a few of the QTEs insta-kills could be frustrating.

Dont make me choose!!! T_T

curl-6 said:
super_etecoon said:

Bayo 2 has them but they are much much much more forgiving than Bayo 1.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Bayonetta was a game where the basics of the combat system were good and pretty much everything else was poorly designed. Vanquish--actually, I don't know much about Vanquish because I quit during the tutorial. All I wanted to do was play a damn game but it wouldn't let me so I moved on to something else.

Platinum is a studio that have no faith in unless someone else is handling the creative aspects.

Bayonetta was too weird for me even for a Jap game, they must have been on something.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

That's a tough one, but Bayonetta has two great games and Vanquish has one great. So Ill go with Bayonetta for now.

Definitely Bayonetta, but Vanquish is amazing. Platinum was so ON for the 360. Bayo 3, where are ye?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Super tough question. Two of the best action games ever made. I'd say Bayonetta is more technically accomplished--its fighting mechanics put most hack-and-slash games to shame--but I'd give the slight edge to Vanquish due to its momentum-based gameplay. When everything is clicking in Vanquish it's sublime.

You really can't go wrong with either.