By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US: Zelda BOTW and MK8 managed to chart in the top 20 best-selling games of the decade(physical+digital) without digital sales number

https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/16/the-top-20-best-selling-games-of-the-decade-in-the-u-s/

Top 20 best-selling games from 2010 through 2019 in the U.S.

1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  4. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  6. Call Of Duty: Ghosts
  7. Red Dead Redemption II
  8. Call of Duty: WWII
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
  10. Minecraft
  11. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  12. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019
  13. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  14. Mario Kart 8
  15. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  16. Battlefield 1
  17. Battlefield 4
  18. Destiny
  19. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  20. Star Wars Battlefront 2015

Very impressive performance for BOTW and MK8 with only physical sales included amongst those games that included digital sales into account.Smash Bros Ultimate and Super Mario Odyssey could potentially be in that chart if the digital sales were counted. 

Last edited by LGBTDBZBBQ - on 16 January 2020

Around the Network

If digital sales were counted i think spider man ps4 would be in the chart

Pinkie_pie said:

All Sony games included digital sales. Only Nintendo and Bethesda(I'm not sure about this one) without digital sales numbers. 

Also, Spider-man(Pyhsical+Digital sales) was outsold by Smash Bros Ultimate(Physical sales only) so it's impossible for Spider-man to chart if Smash Bros Ultimate failed to do that. 

The top 20 list is powered by.... U.S. Army. Be part of it.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

All Sony games included digital sales. Only Nintendo and Bethesda(I'm not sure about this one) without digital sales numbers. 

Also, Spider-man(Pyhsical+Digital sales) was outsold by Smash Bros Ultimate(Physical sales only) so it's impossible for Spider-man to chart if Smash Bros Ultimate failed to do that. 

Im surprised. I guess spider man isnt as popular in north America than the rest of the world 

Around the Network

That Call of Duty power! Sometimes I forget how popular that series is since on VGChartz nobody talks about it.

Signature goes here!

Pinkie_pie said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Im surprised. I guess spider man isnt as popular in north America than the rest of the world 

The list combines sales of all platforms. That's why there are only multi-platform games on the list, and why games like Super Mario Odyssey aren't present either.

In a world of CODs, be a Zelda.

Pinkie_pie said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Spider-man was given away for free in 2018 for every PS4 BF deal. Those free games weren't counted in a Revenue-based chart. While Nintendo Switch games are mostly being sold at a high price and rarely getting a discount and promotion with an exception to MK8D.

Current MSRP of Nintendo Switch AAA titles that were released in 2017 and 2018 vs Playstation titles in those years 

NSW - BOTW, SMO, SSBU, Splatoon 2, Pokemon LP/LE, and MK8D = $60 MSRP
PS4 - HZD $20, Spider-man $40, and GOW $25 = Those games were given away for free during BF/holidays deals and promotions.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Spider-man was given away for free in 2018 for every PS4 BF deal. Those free games weren't counted in a Revenue-based chart. While Nintendo Switch games are mostly being sold at a high price and rarely getting a discount and promotion with an exception to MK8D.

Current MSRP of Nintendo Switch AAA titles that were released in 2017 and 2018 vs Playstation titles in those years 

NSW - BOTW, SMO, SSBU, Splatoon 2, Pokemon LP/LE, and MK8D = $60 MSRP
PS4 - HZD $20, Spider-man $40, and GOW $25 = Those games were given away for free during BF/holidays deals and promotions.

So bundled games werent counted? Im surprised because both spider man and botw have sold around the same and only botw made it in the chart