By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 18 New/remade RPGs coming in 2020

Didn't need Granblue. Bravely Default 2 is scheduled for 2020.

Around the Network

I am surprised so many are still not coming to the Switch, despite most being Japanese and the PS4 is dying in Japan.

Either way, the complete experience is PS4+ Switch. This is the case for most other genres, so it is clear why PS4+Switch is selling so well.

I will be very busy this Spring.

Can we count P5S as an RPG? It's more a Musou with RPG elements.

Also, I'd be interested about Langrisser if the last game in the series didn't turn out to be one of the worst games of the whole 3DS library. It's going to need to be really good to redeem that flop.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

14 out of 15 on the PS4.
Still the best place to play them.

Nioh 2 + FF7R + Cyberpunk are by far the biggest titles up there, you need a PS4 for that.

JRPGfan said:

14 out of 15 on the PS4.

Nioh 2 + FF7R + Cyberpunk are by far the biggest titles up there, you need a PS4 for that.

Pretty sure Nioh 2, FF7R and Cyberpunk are releasing on other platforms and will look better on them too.

Around the Network

Brand new is a weird take with a list that consists of 4 remakes/remasters and an expanded version of an older game :p
If those are the playrules you should definately add Xenoblade Chronicles DE and TMS#Encore over Langrisser and CrisTales.

It's looking like a mighty fine RPG year this year =)

Super excited for Trials of Mana - successor to my favorite RPG of all time, Secret of Mana. Would probably be my no. 1 anticipated RPG if it had co-op like I had originally thought. Still a close second to Cyberpunk 2077, looks epic. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Azzanation said:
JRPGfan said:

14 out of 15 on the PS4.

Pretty sure Nioh 2, FF7R and Cyberpunk are releasing on other platforms and will look better on them too.

The thread title is about 2020 rpgs and PS4 is the only platform that is able to play that game this year. If a person wants to play the majority of these games in 2020 then PS4 being able to get 14 out of 15 is the best platform to get these on. It's factually correct with the thread title so no need for sour grapes. 

Nice of you to include Cyberpunk. Outside of that, this looks more like a top 15 JRPG list. Where's Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2? Wasteland 3? Dying Light 2?

Tales Of Arise looks really cool. Heard about it for the first tome a few days ago now I keep seeing it everywhere.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!