By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros DLC 5 Presentation announced: 01/16 6AM PT

*EVIL LAUGH*

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Disgusting. There's enough FE already.

I sense disappointment. xD

Hey on the brightside, the music is awesome! Blue Skies and a Battle better be in there!

I am completely underwhelmed.

Barkley said:

Welp... Fire Emblem character...

Not sure why this was apparently so secretive within Nintendo, nor why he said they'd be surprised.

Well if it was a third party character, then Nintendo would have to be very much involved. 

This will make a lot of people disappointed, but maybe they will reveal another character as well...?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Well if it was a third party character, then Nintendo would have to be very much involved. 

This will make a lot of people disappointed, but maybe they will reveal another character as well...?

A tease is the best we can hope for I think.

I'm the only one who's genuinely enjoying this, LMAO

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Bandorr said:

Actually the direct isn't over while I write this. Maybe two reveals?

Eh, it'd be a pretty terrible idea to make people sit through 10-20 minutes of going through every single move of this character before revealing another character. People will just stop watching before then.

Last edited by Barkley - on 16 January 2020

Bandorr said:
Barkley said:

Eh, it'd be a pretty terrible idea to make people sit through 10-20 minutes of going through every single move of this character before revealing another character. People will just stop watching before then.

Imagine a 45 minute direct for the 8th fire emblem character and in the last minute was "oh btw Dante is coming later".

But yeah this direct is rough. I mean he is going over how to pronounce the names of even MORE fire emblem characters.

"Oh and you can break this table". I just laughed... a lot.

People expected Dante.. and we are learning about breaking a table. Fantastic.

I'll never understand why these Smash presentations go through every character/stage mechanic in slow laborious detail, and yes information about the background characters... the presentation style is just so weird. At least they're not doing it at e3 like they did in 2018.

They don't bother to leave anything for people to discover, just 30 minutes of talking explaining every little detail.

Mar1217 said:
Hear me out.

The new character will be ...

Sakurai, himself.

I would buy Reggie DLC in an instant.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.