By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros DLC 5 Presentation announced: 01/16 6AM PT

mZuzek said:
JWeinCom said:

They could just as easily use Ribbon Girl for Arms or Matthew for Arms/Golden Sun.  There's no reason Impa or Dixie would have to be echoes.  As for the rest, I'm not going to argue with your personal opinions.

Not how Smash works... I'm tired of seeing people like "Mega Man? Boo, I wanted Zero" or "Simon Belmont? Alucard was a much better choice". Whenever a new franchise is added into Smash, it always starts with the series' most prominent and recognizable protagonist. Always. In the case of Arms that's Spring Man, for Golden Sun it's Isaac.

Spring Man and Ribbon Girl were both in the debut trailer.  And it's not like there's some story mode where he's the main character or anything.  If he's the most recognizable, it's by a fairly small margin.  Matthew was the protagonist for the most recent game in the franchise.  

At any rate, because something has been done one way doesn't mean they can't do it another way.  Before Melee, I could have said they always feature heroes, and not villains.  Before Brawl, I could have said they always only included first party characters.  Before Smash 4, I could have said that they always only used characters who have been playable on a Nintendo system, and that they never included characters with realistic guns.  Before Ultimate, I could have said that they never featured generic enemies as playable characters.  

I'm not saying it's likely, as I don't expect an Arms or Golden Sun character, but the fact that they've done things one way does not mean they won't change that.  There have definitely been more surprising Smash reveals.

Around the Network

God dammit Nintendo.

God dammit

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Some speculation is that the 3 Sakurai is showing could be a hint of 3 characters like when they unveiled Lucas, Roy and Ryu at the same time back in Smash 4 and released them after the ND.

Wyrdness said:
Some speculation is that the 3 Sakurai is showing could be a hint of 3 characters like when they unveiled Lucas, Roy and Ryu at the same time back in Smash 4 and released them after the ND.

There are also three question marks.  Hmmm...

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

Is it confirmed he is showing 3 characters tomorrow?

I can't wait for the salt.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm ready for you MasterOverlordGod Sakurai.

mZuzek said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

You needa check the definition of lighthearted then, silly things most certainly entertain and amuse. The Metroid games I've played (Super, Prime 3, Hunters) have no humor or charm in them whatsoever to lift spirits/lighten the mood, whereas Hollow Knight is full of it.

Typical you. Disagree with someone's opinion, just say they're objectively wrong and don't know what they're talking about.

I'm pretty sure just about everyone I know would agree Hollow Knight has a much heavier atmosphere than any Metroid game. For me, it has one of the darkest atmospheres in any game I've played, period. The idea of a Colosseum of Fools stage certainly mitigates that a little, as it is one of the most lighthearted areas of the game and does feel a bit disconnected from the rest of the world.

I know how dare I challenge people's views with actual evidence! Though humor me, what would you rather me do? Ignore the countless instances of lightheartedness in Hollow Knight? Agree with your incorrect definition of lighthearted?

Crash Bandicoot would be pretty cool.

Welp... Fire Emblem character...

Not sure why this was apparently so secretive within Nintendo, nor why he said they'd be surprised.