By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic best game of the decade according to the critics: The Legend Of Zelda BOTW

Train wreck said:
I think this thread is an odd way of saying you're surprised that a game, that has 30 years worth of history, has some of the highest critic scores and is achieving its best sales for the franchise is being beat by a new IP that is universally acclaimed by the users who played it.

It happens, just accept it and move on.

I dont think that is what it means. I think the change from previous Zelda games to BOTW is what people wanted. And it delivered. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I'm hoping they will increase more monster variety and most importantly tied with the game physics. Lynel was great in term of difficulty but lacking in the physics feedback.

Ljink96 said:
No disagreement from me. It was my favorite game of the decade and 2nd of all time. Really hoping BOTW2 is 2020.

I have a feeling it will be at March again but in 2021. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

BraLoD said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

- Doesn't concern, still bother enough to compare LT sales of both games, even combined the sales of both vanilla ver and remaster ver to make it look better, ok.  

- If there's a problem, then no way Nintendo games keep selling millions at full price after many years. You aren't a Nintendo fan, why do you have to care? 

BANNED: Flaming/Trolling (serious history of both) ~ CGI

I don't know if I should reply as that post got you banned, but I don't see a problem in explaning that to you, so I will.

I'm not the one that started comparing sales of them, the person I replied to did it, but in a way that downplayed one of them while saying only facts matter, what I did was simply bring the hard cold sales here then.

What doesn't concerned me was how much any of them sold at full price or not, as that was irrelevant to the actual sales number comparision.

I didn't say there was a problem, only that I look from my side, the consumer side, instead of Nintendo side, and from my side I would like very much that they did slash their games prices as that affects my purchasing power directly.

It may not look like it to you but I love several games that Nintendo made, even if I'm not really a fan of their bussiness model indeed, those are separated things.

And just as a heads up, BotW looks like a great game to me, one I'm certainly interested into, the problem here was trying to downplay TLoU sales to make it look even better, not anything against against BotW to begin with.

Because BOTW sales on Switch is better, you have to combined the last gen ver and the remaster ver together to beat it already show how much better BOTW Switch is compared to TLOU PS4. Beside, no one combine the vanilla ver sales of last gen with the remaster ver sales of current gen just to compare to the Switch ver except you. Not to mention about the timing release of the both games: PS3 ver is 2013, PS4 ver is 2014 and BoTW Wii U/Switch is 2017. If both games came out at the same year, what would happen now?

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 06 February 2020

TLoU doesn't even come close to being on the level of BotW, lol. Even funnier when most people that bash it haven't even played it.

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network
scottslater said:
TLoU doesn't even come close to being on the level of BotW, lol. Even funnier when most people that bash it haven't even played it.

BotW is on an entirely different level than most games nowadays.

As for TLoU, i keep wondering how it beat games like Witcher 3, God of War 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Bloodborne. It doesn't even come close to Dragon age Inquisition which for some reason people seem to forget was released this decade. I think that the political agenda played a part in TLoU push. Maybe i'm wrong. 

CGI-Quality said:
icykai said:

BotW is on an entirely different level than most games nowadays.

As for TLoU, i keep wondering how it beat games like Witcher 3, God of War 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Bloodborne. It doesn't even come close to Dragon age Inquisition which for some reason people seem to forget was released this decade. I think that the political agenda played a part in TLoU push. Maybe i'm wrong. 

This is a collection of numerical opinions that put TLOU where it is. It’s as legit as where BotW is. If it doesn’t work for the former, it doesn’t work for the latter.

Valid point, touche.

I’ll have to play it eventually. I’m still just bummed that Nintendo hasn’t released a proper console Zelda title since Twilight Princess.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I think Ill grab BOTW

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi