By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic best game of the decade according to the critics: The Legend Of Zelda BOTW

Fallawful said:
SUPAH MARIO GALAXY 2 BABY!

I forgot that was this decade. Solid top three.

It's not, it's from the last decade



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
StreaK said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I found the breakdown for the "BEST-OF-THE-DECADE TOP TEN LISTS" pretty interesting. Breath of the Wild not only won but by a considerable margin : 

# Game (Original Year) # 1st Place # 2nd Place # Other Points
1 97 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017) 16 4 14 70
2 95 The Last of Us (2013) 3 8 13 38
3 92 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015) 2 2 19 29
4 96 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) 1 1 21.5 26.5
5 97 Grand Theft Auto V (2013) 1 0 19.5 22.5
6 89 Dark Souls (2011) 0 1 20 22
7 94 God of War (2018) 0 1 18.5 20.5
8 96 Mass Effect 2 (2010) 0 2 16 20
9 93 Minecraft (2011) 1 2 12 19
10 97 Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018) 1 2 10 17
11 95 Portal 2 (2011) 0 1 14 16
12 78 Fortnite (2017) 1 0 12 15
13 92 Bloodborne (2015) 1 1 8.5 13.5
14 92 Journey (2012) 0 0 10 10
15 97 Super Mario Odyssey (2017) 0 0 9 9
16 69 Pokemon Go (2016) 0 0 8.5 8.5
17 95 Red Dead Redemption (2010) 0 0 8.5 8.5
18 88 Nier: Automata (2017) 1 0 3 6
19 85 DOOM (2016) 0 1 4 6
20 97 Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) 1 0 3 6

Also, interesting to see two sub-80s reviewed games make the cut because of how impactful they were (Fortnite and Pokémon Go).

I don't know why, but this list greatly upsets me. There's no doubt in my mind this must be a critics-only list, because Zelda is #1 by a long shot. Just like with anything, I don't care what the critics think. Many people these days are realizing that now, especially with good films like Joker getting shit on as well as good shows like Witcher scoring poorly. I care more what the "public" thinks, even though they score 1's and 10's left and right haha.

When it comes to lists, however, the public is forced to choose and I feel the games that truly made a difference are more well represented. 

I'm just getting so tired of the critics love for Zelda (I bet ZELDA won game of the 90's as well too, huh? Everything that has Zelda there has to go to Zelda. Zelda is the ONLY game people should play. How did Zelda get this kind of reputation? It floors me.) No, it's NOT the next coming of Christ. It's not the end all, be all of gaming. This is especially true when people praise it to no end and then you actually sit down with the game for an hour and think to yourself, "really? THIS is the game people speak so highly of?" I simply do not get it. I'm no fan but I have beaten two in the franchise, OoT and TP, and OoT surely was by far no game of the 90's for me. That goes to Final Fantasy VII. But I guess, it's kinda like trying to tell everyone why is Bieber so well liked? He just is...can't do much about it.

Very disappointed in the critics for not only choosing BOTW, but to have it in the lead over something as amazing as The Last of Us by a comfortable margin. I feel God of War is a superior game, but hey...we gotta give it to Nintendo. Sony already has the most popular console so....

I'm sure a list of thousands of gamers from various sites would paint a much rather different scenario...a more "back to reality" kind of picture, in my eyes. That's just me anyway. 

Wow.



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
StreaK said:

I don't know why, but this list greatly upsets me. There's no doubt in my mind this must be a critics-only list, because Zelda is #1 by a long shot. Just like with anything, I don't care what the critics think. Many people these days are realizing that now, especially with good films like Joker getting shit on as well as good shows like Witcher scoring poorly. I care more what the "public" thinks, even though they score 1's and 10's left and right haha.

When it comes to lists, however, the public is forced to choose and I feel the games that truly made a difference are more well represented. 

I'm just getting so tired of the critics love for Zelda (I bet ZELDA won game of the 90's as well too, huh? Everything that has Zelda there has to go to Zelda. Zelda is the ONLY game people should play. How did Zelda get this kind of reputation? It floors me.) No, it's NOT the next coming of Christ. It's not the end all, be all of gaming. This is especially true when people praise it to no end and then you actually sit down with the game for an hour and think to yourself, "really? THIS is the game people speak so highly of?" I simply do not get it. I'm no fan but I have beaten two in the franchise, OoT and TP, and OoT surely was by far no game of the 90's for me. That goes to Final Fantasy VII. But I guess, it's kinda like trying to tell everyone why is Bieber so well liked? He just is...can't do much about it.

Very disappointed in the critics for not only choosing BOTW, but to have it in the lead over something as amazing as The Last of Us by a comfortable margin. I feel God of War is a superior game, but hey...we gotta give it to Nintendo. Sony already has the most popular console so....

I'm sure a list of thousands of gamers from various sites would paint a much rather different scenario...a more "back to reality" kind of picture, in my eyes. That's just me anyway. 

Wow.

Exactly what I said. Just... wow. Unbelievable. 



SKMBlake said:
Fallawful said:
SUPAH MARIO GALAXY 2 BABY!

I forgot that was this decade. Solid top three.

It's not, it's from the last decade

Dude.



S.Peelman said:
SKMBlake said:

It's not, it's from the last decade

Dude.

he will have a new list next year since for him the decade cap is 2011-2020 :P



 

Around the Network

I don't know why, but this list greatly upsets me. There's no doubt in my mind this must be a critics-only list, because The Last of Us is #2 by a long shot. Just like with anything, I don't care what the critics think. Many people these days are realizing that now, especially with good films like Joker getting shit on as well as good shows like Witcher scoring poorly. I care more what the "public" thinks, even though they score 1's and 10's left and right haha.

When it comes to lists, however, the public is forced to choose and I feel the games that truly made a difference are more well represented.

I'm just getting so tired of the critics love for Naughty Dog(I bet CRASH won game of the 90's as well too, huh? Everything that has Naughty Dog there has to go to Naughty Dog. The Last of Us is the ONLY game people should play. How did The Last of Us get this kind of reputation? It floors me.) No, it's NOT the next coming of Christ. It's not the end all, be all of gaming. This is especially true when people praise it to no end and then you actually sit down with the game for an hour and think to yourself, "really? THIS is the game people speak so highly of?" I simply do not get it. I'm no fan but I have beaten two games made by Naughty Dog, Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 4, and Crash Bandicoot surely was by far no game of the 90's for me. That goes to Final Fantasy VII. But I guess, it's kinda like trying to tell everyone why is Bieber so well liked? He just is...can't do much about it.

Very disappointed in the critics for not only choosing The Last of Us, but to have it in the lead over something as amazing as The Witcher 3 by a comfortable margin. I feel Knack 2 is a superior game, but hey...we gotta give it to Sony. Nintendo already has the most popular Franchises so....

I'm sure a list of thousands of gamers from various sites would paint a much rather different scenario...a more "back to reality" kind of picture, in my eyes. That's just me anyway.



Sales is always good when measuring the gamers interest especially with the factual context like Most of Zelda BOTW sales came from the original MSRP while the same can't be said to TLOU.  



LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Sales is always good when measuring the gamers interest especially with the factual context like Most of Zelda BOTW sales came from the original MSRP while the same can't be said to TLOU.  

From the sales perspective, Minecraft is the clear winner followed by GTA V.



Signature goes here!

S.Peelman said:
SKMBlake said:

It's not, it's from the last decade

Dude.

I'm not your dude my friend



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Fact doesn't care about feeling