By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath is an Insane $30 on Switch.

SpokenTruth said:
Darashiva said:

That's very unlikely at this point. The Switch is the hottest platform around at the moment, and it's going to be around for many more years to come. Ignoring a console base of over 50 million sold units is just bad business at that point. Publishers pricing games like that is just them testing the waters on what they can actually get away with, and if they see that people will just pay whatever price they set for even older games like stranger's Wrath, then of course they are going to price them accordingly. If, however, the sales aren't there they will have to either drop the prices, or leave a massive potential customer base completely untapped, which is something that goes against everything game publishers believe in. 

We saw this with the Wii.  They will drop support based on sales.  They will not openly admit something sold bad because it was priced bad.

Well, then they do. It's still the better alternative compared to people paying these ridiculous prices for games for some misguided sense of supporting the platform. People forcing themselves to overspend on games by publishers that don't deserve it should never be seen as the right thing to do anyway, especially when the same game is available for much cheaper on other platforms. The situation between the Wii and the Switch, and the game industry in general, is very different anyway, so I doubt they would abandon the platform regardless of what happens.

Around the Network

That's why the only games I ever buy on Nintendo platforms are Nintendo games. With the exception of simultaneously released multiplats in the few weeks after launch, third party stuff is always (literally, 100% of the time) available for substantially less money elsewhere. I might be willing to pay a 25% premium once in a while for portability. But, I sure as hell won't pay multiples of the price that I see on XB or PS.