Crysis Remastered 0 0%

Black Ops: Cold War (Next... 0 0%

Demon's Souls 2 10.00%

Spider Man: Miles Morales (Next Gen only) 0 0%

Cyberpunk 2077 (PC only -... 9 45.00%

Total:20
chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:

Them since you are talking to someone that done the technical comparison and isn't talking about personal taste you know you are wrong right?

I find the foliage and weather effects of TLOU2 superb, maybe the best I've seen, but I think character details and animations (especially face animation) are below of what we saw in DS, RDR2, and Gears 5.

And we must take into account the fact that DS and RDR2 are fully open-world, and that Gears 5 runs at 60fps.

But then again we go for personal preferences instead of technical achievements.

I prefer the aesthetic of Ghost of Tsushima, and think that if it had the same size studio and talent of ND it would be just beyond belief. But I can easily recognize that on the technical side TLOU2 was leaps and bounds ahead of GoT when it comes to everything graphics (perhaps only particle effects on GoT was more proeminent).

And if he was saying that RDR2 on PC looked better I could conceed, but when looking both on PS4 that isn't the case. The extra optimization from single platform plus the strong capabilities of ND that is unmatched makes it a comparison that TLOU2 doesn't lose, to the point of being basically the only game this gen on PS4Pro that could be mistaken for and early next gen title.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
VAMatt said:

I can't comment on the technical differences, as that's above my pay grade.  But, I played both of them on PS4 Pro, and I was much more impressed by RDR2.  TLOU2 is a beautiful game, probably my number 2.  But, the massive, beautiful world that RDR2 gave us is just way cooler than the relatively linear areas of TLOU2.  

I also think TLOU2 gets some bump in gamers' minds from the recency effect.  It's top of mind, whereas RDR2 is stuck back in the memory bank.  

Them since you are talking to someone that done the technical comparison and isn't talking about personal taste you know you are wrong right?

That's not how opinion on subjective stuff like art works.  It's not possible for me to be wrong that I find RDR2 more impressive.  

It may well be the case the TLOU2 is a more exceptional technical achievement. In some sense that is less subjective, since some aspects of that can be expressed in numbers.  But, the overall graphical awesomeness of a game is always going to be a matter of opinion. 

DonFerrari said:
chakkra said:

I find the foliage and weather effects of TLOU2 superb, maybe the best I've seen, but I think character details and animations (especially face animation) are below of what we saw in DS, RDR2, and Gears 5.

And we must take into account the fact that DS and RDR2 are fully open-world, and that Gears 5 runs at 60fps.

But then again we go for personal preferences instead of technical achievements.

I prefer the aesthetic of Ghost of Tsushima, and think that if it had the same size studio and talent of ND it would be just beyond belief. But I can easily recognize that on the technical side TLOU2 was leaps and bounds ahead of GoT when it comes to everything graphics (perhaps only particle effects on GoT was more proeminent).

And if he was saying that RDR2 on PC looked better I could conceed, but when looking both on PS4 that isn't the case. The extra optimization from single platform plus the strong capabilities of ND that is unmatched makes it a comparison that TLOU2 doesn't lose, to the point of being basically the only game this gen on PS4Pro that could be mistaken for and early next gen title.

Well, I can only tell you that when you look at videos comparing the facial animations of those games you can clearly see that TLOU2 characters look more "stiff" compared to the others. I mean, it still looks great, but that's one area where it falls behind.

VAMatt said:
DonFerrari said:

That's not how opinion on subjective stuff like art works.  It's not possible for me to be wrong that I find RDR2 more impressive.  

It may well be the case the TLOU2 is a more exceptional technical achievement. In some sense that is less subjective, since some aspects of that can be expressed in numbers.  But, the overall graphical awesomeness of a game is always going to be a matter of opinion. 

When you discuss technical it isn't subjective at all. You liking or thinking more impressive as opinion is your right, but then opinion isn't object of discussion so it is pointless. And you yourself said you don't understand the technical part, so not sure why you are bothering with it.

And nope it isn't a matter of opinion. Unless you want to join that silly group that used to say Wii titles were more graphically impressive because of "art direction".

chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, I can only tell you that when you look at videos comparing the facial animations of those games you can clearly see that TLOU2 characters look more "stiff" compared to the others. I mean, it still looks great, but that's one area where it falls behind.

Facial animation and animation in general was among the most praised aspects of TLOU2.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
VAMatt said:

When you discuss technical it isn't subjective at all. You liking or thinking more impressive as opinion is your right, but then opinion isn't object of discussion so it is pointless. And you yourself said you don't understand the technical part, so not sure why you are bothering with it.

And nope it isn't a matter of opinion. Unless you want to join that silly group that used to say Wii titles were more graphically impressive because of "art direction".

chakkra said:

Facial animation and animation in general was among the most praised aspects of TLOU2.

Well, I did not say they were bad (I actually said they still look great), but when you compare them side by side with the others, you can see the difference. 

Around the Network
chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, I did not say they were bad (I actually said they still look great), but when you compare them side by side with the others, you can see the difference. 

Yes, and TLOU2 is regarded as the best in the bunch.

CGI-Quality said:

Stomping this into the ground

Outside of the occasional Death Stranding moment, at no point did RDR2 nor Gears 5 catch me off guard with their animations. LOU Pt II, on the other hand, gave me a sense that these people were real. That there was a live soul behind them (and the transition from "cut" to gameplay was nothing short of unbelievable).

-gifs

Case rested.

Well, they look stiffer to me, but yeah, is better to rest the case.

well great logic and arguments all around for a "i feel" aspect of gaming i see
aside from the glorious FS'20 Zandvoort screenshot ofc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DonFerrari said:
chakkra said:

Yes, and TLOU2 is regarded as the best in the bunch.

Not to me, but hey, to each its own. Besides, this thread is about graphics.

Yeah, speaking of tech, are we going to talk about any at all?, like Nvidia's sand tech (which I still think is amazing).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"