1. Astral Chain (NS) - I loved it and I hope for a sequel. I do admit I played on easiest difficulty because I sucked at the game, but I loved every second of it.
2. Cadence of Hyrule: Octavo DLC (NS) - I really love this game. I play it without the beats though (I enjoy the options). I'd double dip for a physical copy.
3. Crash Team Racing (NS) - Adventure mode is a blast. I played it through on easy, and I still couldn't 100%... Wow, a trend this year so far is I've sucked at all of these games (but still enjoyed). Mario Kart needs a single player experience like this.
4. Shining Resonance Refrain (NS) - I recognize this as an average game, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. 8/10 for my personal experience.
5. Saints Row: The Third (NS) - I have never played anything so balls to the wall insane. I loved it! So happy that Switch is getting 4!
6. Luigi's Mansion 3 (NS) - Phenomenal game! Played through with my wife and had a blast. I would love a Luigi's Mansion mini series or movie. The animation to me was nearly Pixar level good.
7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (NS) - I played through Cindered Shadows and enjoyed it. It was harder than normal though. I decided after to play through for a fifth time (second time Blue Lions - best route!) so that I could enjoy the new characters fully. 345 hours I have clocked in to this game. It is easily top 10, maybe even top 5 of all time.
8. Unravel Two (NS) - Very fun little platformer to play with a friend (in my case, my wife). Great visuals, puzzles, music, and the platforming feels really great when you get in a rhythm.
9. Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (NS) - Well... I fibbed a little... I did not finish the titular level in this game. Even with everything else unlocked, the final level was just too crazy. For me, the rest of the game was fantastic and well balanced, but the final level was infuriating.
10. Batman: The Enemy Within (NS) - I enjoy the stories that these two games have shared in the Batman universe. Not a fan of the times where you have to move around... Would rather straight quick time events only. I am sad that we will not get to see the story continue.
11. Spyro the Dragon: Spyro Reignited (NS) - This was the only game I completed from the trilogy. I loved it. For some reason, I did not get far in 2... It just didn't click with me. Didn't even try 3... Maybe some day. But not anytime soon. Still, the first one alone was worth the price!
12. Mega Man Zero (NS) - So happy that the Zero series gets a new life on current gen consoles with this legacy collection. Mega Man Zero is one of my all time favourite games. Replaying it again (for the first time on the tv!) has been such a nostalgic trip. Still holds up today IMO.
13. Mega Man Zero 2 (NS) - To me, it is not as good as the first one, but still a great time. That opening stage music is stuck in my head.
14. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (NS) - I've gone on about this game in other threads, so I will just say: AMAZING.
Last edited by FarleyMcFirefly - on 30 July 2020
15. Kill la Kill IF (NS) - The anime that got me into anime. Hiroyuki Sawano's music is amazing in the series and this game! A nice little side story with some good battle mechanics, even if I am no good at it.