By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2020

Just finished Doom 64, Bleeding Edge (I mean I played enough that I got a thorough look at what it offers), and Sonic Generations (thank you games with gold)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Links Awakening
Astral chain
Cod Infinite warfare
Hitman 2
Xenoblade 2
Miles and Kilo

Beaten so far:

- Ori (Switch)

Currently in progress (all on Switch)

- Astral Chain (despite having bought it day 1)
- Hellblade
- Darksiders
- The Witcher 3

- Wolfenstein Youngblood

- Doom 3

- Doom
- Spyro the dragon
- Crash Bandicoot (despite having bought it day 1 as well in 2018)
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Smash Ultimate
- Ôkami
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm

Finished Games: 

• Nier: Automata (PS4) (9.5/10) One of the best stories I've ever experienced in video games with wonderfully written characters, combined with a huge amount of gameplay variety and a fun and fast-paced combat system, which had been the weak point in Yoko Taro's earlier works. Easily going to make my top 50 games of all time list this year.
  • GRIS (PC) (8/10) An absolutely gorgeous 2D platformer, easily one of the best looking games I've ever played, with a beautiful soundtrack layered on top of it all. The actual gameplay is quite simple, but solid, and there are some very satisfying moments of platforming in the game, even if none of it is all that challenging. It is a very short game, but every moment I spent with GRIS was thoroughly enjoyable.
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (PS4) (8/10) A solid open world game made better by the nemesis system that did the same for Shadow of Mordor. The gameplay is fun, the world has a lot of nice variety to it, and although the story is kinda silly in the context of the books, but as a kind of non-canon side thing it's fine enough. Gets a bit grindy at the end, which soured me a little towards it, but it wasn't too bad. If the epilogue had been like in the original release before the balance changes and the removal of lootboxes I probably would have not been nearly as kind towards the game, but as it stands now I do recommend Shadow of War. 
  • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4) (8.5/10) A charming and gorgeous and a sequel to one of my favourite games from the previous console generation. I'm not sure if I would rank it higher than the first game, though. The gameplay is vastly improved compared to the first one, with the battle system, side quests and the other side stuff available for you to do just being much more interesting and varied in comparison. The story and character are also very good, but I might still prefer the first game's cast and story to this one. Still a very good game, and well worth the time I put into it.
  • The Banner Saga 2 (PC) (8/10) The Banner Saga-games (at least the first two) aren't necessarily groundbreaking tactical RPGs in any way, at least as far as gameplay is concerned. Every element of the gameplay can be found in other games in one form or another, but these are still very well put together games with a battle system that has plenty of tactical depth to it. The nordic mythology-inspired story is very well written and the characters are interesting as well. Still, perhaps the most impressive aspect of these games is the visual style. The backgrounds and characters look absolutely gorgeous, and the animated sequences always look great as well, though I wish there were more of them. Overall, Banner Saga 2 is a good game that I enjoyed playing through, just one that doesn't really bring anything new to the genre.
  • A Short Hike (PC) (7.5/10) A charming little game that I finished on a single sitting. It's unlikely that I'll ever go back to the game, but the short story it tells is quite lovely, and the relaxing, low-stakes gameplay is perfect for unwinding in-between other more demanding games. If you're looking for a game to just take your mind off things and just relax for a few hours, this is a very good option for that.

Currently Playing:

• The Witcher (PC) Slowly making progress on-and-off. About halfway through at the moment I think, maybe a little more.
  • Nioh (PS4)  Near the end of this one. Should have it finished within the next week or so, unless I get completely stuck on a boss or something.

My 2020 list (so far):

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch)
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (Saturn)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna: The Golden Country (Switch)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA (Switch)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Game Boy)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch)
Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch)
Star Fox 64 (Nintendo 64)

Last edited by StuOhQ - on 22 November 2020

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Finished. Injustice 2-PS4 Tokyo Mirage Sessions NS Dusk Diver-NS VanQuish-PS4 Final Fantasy VII-NS

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

• Nier: Automata (PS4) (9.5/10) One of the best stories I've ever experienced in video games with wonderfully written characters, combined with a huge amount of gameplay variety and a fun and fast-paced combat system, which had been the weak point in Yoko Taro's earlier works. Easily going to make my top 50 games of all time list this year.
  • GRIS (PC) (8/10) An absolutely gorgeous 2D platformer, easily one of the best looking games I've ever played, with a beautiful soundtrack layered on top of it all. The actual gameplay is quite simple, but solid, and there are some very satisfying moments of platforming in the game, even if none of it is all that challenging. It is a very short game, but every moment I spent with GRIS was thoroughly enjoyable.
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (PS4) (8/10) A solid open world game made better by the nemesis system that did the same for Shadow of Mordor. The gameplay is fun, the world has a lot of nice variety to it, and although the story is kinda silly in the context of the books, but as a kind of non-canon side thing it's fine enough. Gets a bit grindy at the end, which soured me a little towards it, but it wasn't too bad. If the epilogue had been like in the original release before the balance changes and the removal of lootboxes I probably would have not been nearly as kind towards the game, but as it stands now I do recommend Shadow of War. 
  • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4) (8.5/10) A charming and gorgeous and a sequel to one of my favourite games from the previous console generation. I'm not sure if I would rank it higher than the first game, though. The gameplay is vastly improved compared to the first one, with the battle system, side quests and the other side stuff available for you to do just being much more interesting and varied in comparison. The story and character are also very good, but I might still prefer the first game's cast and story to this one. Still a very good game, and well worth the time I put into it.
  • The Banner Saga 2 (PC) (8/10) The Banner Saga-games (at least the first two) aren't necessarily groundbreaking tactical RPGs in any way, at least as far as gameplay is concerned. Every element of the gameplay can be found in other games in one form or another, but these are still very well put together games with a battle system that has plenty of tactical depth to it. The nordic mythology-inspired story is very well written and the characters are interesting as well. Still, perhaps the most impressive aspect of these games is the visual style. The backgrounds and characters look absolutely gorgeous, and the animated sequences always look great as well, though I wish there were more of them. Overall, Banner Saga 2 is a good game that I enjoyed playing through, just one that doesn't really bring anything new to the genre.
  • A Short Hike (PC) (7.5/10) A charming little game that I finished on a single sitting. It's unlikely that I'll ever go back to the game, but the short story it tells is quite lovely, and the relaxing, low-stakes gameplay is perfect for unwinding in-between other more demanding games. If you're looking for a game to just take your mind off things and just relax for a few hours, this is a very good option for that.
  • Nioh (PS4) (8/10) A very good Dark Souls-inspired games, that doesn't quite reach the same heights as FromSoftware's titles. I enjoyed the gameplay for the most part, the story was fine, if somewhat disjointed, and William is a good main character. The locations aren't as interesting as those found in Dark Souls for example, and the world as a whole also feels like a collection of disconnected places that don't feel like part of the same world very often. Still, despite my issues, I very much enjoyed the game overall, but unlike Dark Souls or Bloodborne I'll likely never replay it.

Currently Playing:

• The Witcher (PC) Slowly making progress on-and-off. About halfway through at the moment I think, maybe a little more.
  • Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (PS4)

Previously beaten this year:
- Diablo 3
- Superhot

Just finished:
- Ori and the Blind Forest (enjoyable, very atmospheric game.. Now onto the sequel!)
- Mario Maker 2 Story mode (fun but some of the lvls were a bit gimmicky, prefer more traditional lvl design, though definitely looking forward to tinkering w/course creation more and checking out some user-made lvls)

Will probably be finishing next:
- Borderlands 3
- Sonic Mania
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Starting next:

- Mario + Rabbids
- Trials of Mana (original, loved Secret of Mana and also want to scout out at least some of the original for my upcoming review of the remake for the site)
- Crash Bandicoot N.Sane trilogy

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

CladInShadows said:

Beaten:

1. Iconoclasts (Switch) - This game is kind of billed as a metroidvania, even though it only barely meets that requirement. Still, a great, mostly linear, action platformer with a killer story. We're talking RPG quality story. Almost straight out of a mid to late 90s JRPG, with its deeply political and religious overtones.

2. Phantasy Star (Switch) - Great old school JRPG.  I never had Sega systems growing up, so I never really got into these.  But I have the other 3 games on Steam, so I'll start working my way through the others soon.

3. Shenmue I (PC) - Had a great time with this one. I know it's pretty archaic to you new schoolers, but it was a lot of fun.  Felt like this cheesy kung fu movie with terrible voice acting.  It was glorious. Looking forward to the second one.

4. Nioh (PC) - Main game is completed.  I think I'll be spending quite a bit more time working on Way of the Strong (and above) and the DLC stuff.

5. Blaster Master Zero 2 (Switch) - Can't wait for the inevitable third game!

In Progress:

1. Blasphemous (PC)

fifth update (41 completed games):

Games I've finished in 2020:

• The Banner Saga (Game Pass)
  • The Banner Saga 2 (Game Pass / GwG)
  • Rage 2 (Game Pass)
  • Battlefield V (EA Access)
  • Batman: The Telltale Series (GwG)
  • Sea of Solitude (EA Access)
  • FIFA 20 (EA Access)
  • Zombieland: Double Tap - Road Trip (Free Play Days)
  • DYING: Reborn
  • Your Toy
  • Wandersong (Game Pass)
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
  • Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn
  • Crimson Dragon (Game Pass)
  • FoxyLand
  • Project Starship
  • Gravity Duck
  • Reed Remastered
  • Call of Cthulhu (GwG)
  • Subnautica (Game Pass)
  • Indivisible (Game Pass)
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 3 (Game Pass)
  • Haimrik
  • Miles & Kilo
  • Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series (GwG)
  • Captain Cat
  • Mekabolt
  • Tanky Tanks
  • Far Cry 5
  • Far Cry New Dawn
  • Vampyr (Game Pass)
  • Aborigenus
  • Black The Fall
  • Twin Robots: Ultimate Edition
  • Quiplash
  • Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion (GwG)
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence (Game Pass)
  • Guts and Glory
  • Surviving Mars (Game Pass)
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition (Game Pass)
  • Apocalipsis: The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

Currently working on:

• NieR: Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition (Game Pass)
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Game Pass)
  • ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown (Game Pass)