By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It’s crazy to me how little coverage Embracer Group gets in gaming media, they confirmed that they have approached more 150 gaming companies for possible acquisitions and are in deep talks with 20. One of the devs that will likely be acquired are Neon Giant the devs for The Ascent because it looks like they already own 24% of the studio https://mobile.twitter.com/EmbracerInvest/status/1395237196974657538

They also have 160 games in development.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 20 May 2021

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Lmao.

Ahhhh, man.

I hope this accounts for the Covid delay.

So many insiders wrong if Jason is right, if it's late 2022 then those "Microsoft wants it out for 2021" rumours were definitely bullshit, I don't see Microsoft being that delusional, even Grubb's recent "Spring" assertion is way off.

Also if right, Avowed is definitely not 2022.

Better hope Omen, Typhoon, Wolfenstein III and Forza Horizon 5 are releasing between Sep 21 - June 22.

My pessimistic release date prediction for ES6 is looking more likely now Heck maybe I'm even being a bit optimistic with it!

Honestly it’s going to be very weird if all XGS has for 2022 is Typhoon and they are just going to rely on Bethesda for the rest (Deathloop and Ghostwire will give it a boost too).

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Honestly it’s going to be very weird if all XGS has for 2022 is Typhoon and they are just going to rely on Bethesda for the rest (Deathloop and Ghostwire will give it a boost too).

Well, we said that Bethesda would practically be saving Xbox for the first few years right? Given XGS pipeline was only invested in around 18 + Covid delay, they did in fairness release quite a few titles last year (around 10) but they were mostly smaller projects and existing contracts, I think we have to rely on XGP to pull something out the bag but XGP is too hard to predict.

They'll likely be some smaller projects from XGS, I would assume Motorsport too if Horizon is this year, not sure what else but I am expecting Bethesda + XGP + Motorsport for the most part.

The merging of the shows and the rumor that they were cutting trailers for games that are a ways off shows me they probably realize that they don’t have much on one side (XGS).

Even with the Covid situation it’s a bad look to not have something planned out ahead of time, without the Bethesda purchase Xbox would have been royally screwed. Meanwhile Sony 1st party is starting out strong this gen and are getting a boost with the Money-Hat deals.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 20 May 2021

Ryuu96 said:

Once again, I'm feeling really sorry for 343, Lmao, if Halo Infinite doesn't deliver then there's going to be a lot of criticism towards Xbox, 343 is carrying all that weight on their shoulders once again, Starfield could have alleviated some of that but not if it isn't coming until late 2022.

Like even if Halo Infinite is just "good" we'll have the usual trolls, hopefully it's closer to the 90 mark than not.

Maybe Wolfenstein III and Omen will be fairly soon but who knows, I may give up on predicting release dates

shikamaru317 said:

In short, I don't trust Schreier on this claim of his today. His claim that Starfield is late 2022 goes against about 6 other insiders who all believed that Starfield would be a late 2021 release until the recent delay to 2022, and now all of those other insiders believe it is Q2 2022 at the latest. It also goes against Ed saying that Microsoft already bought Holiday 2021 commercial slots for Starfield, they wouldn't have done that and then delayed the game a whole year, a few months at most, unless the game was in a terrible shape, like Halo Infinite was when it got a full year delay. 

I'm so thankful for my backlog. Without it, I would have went nuts.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I see the insider circle jerk is still going as strong as ever. Literally the same story every year. Hype the shit out of everything right up until a month or so ahead of whatever major gaming event is next, then start talking about shifting plans, potential delays, setbacks, managing expectations, etc, etc....wait a little while for the dust to settle in the aftermath, then do it all over again.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

The merging of the shows and the rumor that they were cutting trailers for games that are a ways off shows me they probably realize don’t that they don’t have much on one side (XGS).

Even with the Covid situation it’s a bad look to not have something planned out ahead of time, without the Bethesda purchase Xbox would have been royally screwed. Meanwhile Sony 1st party is starting out strong this gen and are getting a boost with the Money-Hat deals.

Yeah, XGS really dropped the ball I must say. Or more specifically, I should say that XGS-P, Xbox Game Studios Publishing (formerly known as Xbox Global Publishing), dropped the ball. XGS 1st party wise, there wasn't much that Booty could do to remedy their release gap situation, most of the studios they acquired in 2018 and 2019 already had other projects that they were contracted out to do, which MS had an obligation to allow them to finish, so those studios couldn't begin work on their 1st Xbox exclusives projects until 2018, 2019, or even 2020 in some cases like inXile. But knowing that XGS 1st party wouldn't be able to deliver a large number of projects for the 9th gen launch and the first few years of 9th gen, Xbox Global Publishing should have immediately began development on multiple AA and AAA 2nd party projects back in 2018 and 2019, so that they would have plenty of big 2nd party exclusives to fill in the gaps in Xbox's exclusive release schedule for the first 3 years of the 9th generation in 2020, 2021, and 2022, but instead XGP seemingly only put a single AAA 2nd party project in development in 2018 or 2019, Avalanche's Project Typhoon, the rest of the 2nd party AAA projects we are hearing about are either early development (meaning they just started development in late 2020 or early 2021) or haven't even been greenlit yet (Kojima's game). XGP really, truly dropped the ball. The Bethesda acquisition saved Microsoft from having a truly terrible release schedule for the first few years of the generation. 

It’s dumb to me that’s XGP didn’t try to snag many AA/Indie deals in 2018 when MS started investing more into 1st party, surely they also had an increase in funding during that time.

As of right now we only have As Dusk Falls and The Gunk as XGP games, part of me wishes that MS just give the bag to GSC GameWorld and make STALKER 2 a full exclusive at this point.

They should partner with JP studios, most are so small they could easily grab a few AA games in the process (and maybe get the studio later if it goes well).

Ryuu96 said:

FWIW, it appears to me that the majority of the (largely false) rumors that have been circulating so far came from the Microsoft side of things. My sources are people working on the game.

-

Lol, if this is true then that is pretty shitty on Microsoft's employees part, to spread a rumour about something they don't fully understand, not something you want to do at the start of a brand new relationship, and put unrealistic expectations on Starfield that it is coming soon when it's possibly over a year away.

Also loose tongued shitty sources in Microsoft just burnt multiple insiders, no wonder Xbox is such a leaky ship when you have employees like this who don't seem to give a crap about the consequences

If accurate of course.

Microsoft needs to get a handle on this stuff, I found it funny that soon after Microsoft acquired Bethesda everything started leaking, seemingly not a coincidence, Microsoft employees can't keep their mouths shut.

Damn that is spicy lol, didn’t expect something this crazy to happen. If true then even Matty and Skullzi who have Bethesda contacts were burned.

I want Jason to be wrong to just to see an even bigger ShitStorm.

The only thing I don’t understand is why would the MS sources lie or have outdated info

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Damn that is spicy lol, didn’t expect something this crazy to happen. If true then even Matty and Skullzi who have Bethesda contacts were burned.

I want Jason to be wrong to just to see an even bigger ShitStorm.

And that right there is one of the reasons why I think Schreier is wrong. Matty, ESO, and Skullzi all have sources within Bethesda, and all 3 were on the Starfield Holiday 2021 train, at least until recently, when we started hearing that it got delayed to 1st half 2022. Then you have Ed with his evidence of Microsoft buying advertising space for Starfield Holiday 2021. This just doesn't add up. Only way I see a full year delay is if Phil took a look at the state of the game just recently and realized it was a Halo Infinite tier mess currently. 

Jason also said that StarFields team was tiny until 2019  only started full production then and I just find that hard to believe, why the hell would they announce 2 massive projects if it’s that far out? 

If true then they have barely anyone working on ES6. Although I’m not saying that a late 2022 date is false or out of the possibility.

These Podcasts are going to be Spicy this weekend.