By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

Now that Sony is reportedly adding free monthly movies to PS+, making PS+ an even better value compared to Xbox Live Gold than it already was with Sony having better free games every month, I think it is time to drop Gold completely very soon. Xbox now has 23m Gamepass subs, by the end of the year I suspect they will be in the 28-30m range. I don't think that Xbox ever had more than 30m active Gold subs, I remember when they had like 55m total XBL users in 2015 I think, before putting XBL on PC and mobile to boost their user counts, so if they only had 55m total Xbox live users on Xbox consoles, probably at least 40% were F2P/Silver users, meaning that they likely never had more than maybe 30m active Gold subs.With Gamepass likely hitting 28-30m later this year, they can afford to drop Gold and lose that revenue later this year then, and they absolutely need to do that.

Game Pass has been averaging 1 million+ new subs per month. That would put it around 30 million and with Halo Infinite (and hopefully Starfield) that I think will add several million more. 

They also have Age of Empires on PC that could push a good number of non Xbox owners into Gamepass.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Now that Sony is reportedly adding free monthly movies to PS+, making PS+ an even better value compared to Xbox Live Gold than it already was with Sony having better free games every month, I think it is time to drop Gold completely very soon. Xbox now has 23m Gamepass subs, by the end of the year I suspect they will be in the 28-30m range. I don't think that Xbox ever had more than 30m active Gold subs, I remember when they had like 55m total XBL users in 2015 I think, before putting XBL on PC and mobile to boost their user counts, so if they only had 55m total Xbox live users on Xbox consoles, probably at least 40% were F2P/Silver users, meaning that they likely never had more than maybe 30m active Gold subs.With Gamepass likely hitting 28-30m later this year, they can afford to drop Gold and lose that revenue later this year then, and they absolutely need to do that.

I only have Gold for when I want to play online with family members, if they drop it would I have to now pay double to do the same thing? (I don't play any free-to-play games)

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

If they get rid of Gold I hope they offer something in place of it for people who don't want game pass, and just want to be able to game online.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:

I legit don't understand how these kids can play games that were designed for controller or mouse/keyboard on touch screens. I tried a few when I first got a smartphone and I was losing position of the virtual controller based buttons on the screen far too easily, since they're not actually there and have no form or substance. Maybe the newer phones with the haptic screens help with that, but I don't own one of those phones yet, so touch just isn't for me unless it's a game that was designed for mobile touch controls originally. If I ever do stream Xbox games to my phone I will either get a $10 controller clip or that $100 Razer Xbox mobile controller (on sale most likely since $100 is alot). But it's nice that MS is trying to add touch capability to more games on xCloud, should help to grow xCloud/Gamepass quite alot on mobile.

I guess muscle mind does that for you if you grow up with that. It will be still a disadvantage but I guess you can be pretty good with these controls if you are used to them instead of a controller. Give someone who never used a controller but who is very good with m+k a controller to play with. He will move like an idiot the first time^^ 

Just bought 3 months of gold a couple of days ago. Apex is the only MP game I play and it is free to play. Money well spent here.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

Just bought 3 months of gold a couple of days ago. Apex is the only MP game I play and it is free to play. Money well spent here.

Ryuu96 said:

Is this through gamepass xcloud? Because MC dungeons isn’t available natively on iOS and I assume android also.

Last edited by jason1637 - on 21 April 2021

Woot got my invite for the xCloud beta on web/iOS :) I'm trying it right now, was waiting for this to be available on PC for so long.
I'm already abusing it on my phone (Android).

Actually curious about one thing, I got the season pass for The Outer Worlds, never really played it on my phone (playing Minecraft Dunbgeon mostly), but if someone logs in and does not have the DLC (or have them), will the xCloud support both and just enable it if you have it... Will try this.

Ryuu96 said:

That's pretty cool actually I was thinking about this recently how games refer to you in a weird way at times or blank out a name due to not been able to say your characters name.

So Halo, Starfield and Forza Horizon later this year? They better have Series X on stock and GP subs will go trough the roof.

And I'm just assuming Starfield is a heavy hitter. I know absolutely nothing about the game.