By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

It's funny how Interplay is worth $3m now, Phil could acquire that out of his own money as a birthday gift to Brian

I'm joking of course, Interplay sold all their IPs and have absolutely nothing worth it anymore.

Would be worth buying for the amount of buzz it would generate... 

Imagine rebuilding it from the ground up. Would be pretty cool. Not gonna happen though 

Around the Network

I couldn't care less about the Star Wars ip so i hope that's not Inxile's big game. I know of course that im in the minority here.

Weird to see IOI give preferential treatment to Xbox Series X for Hitman 3, it runs at 4K/60 on Series X while 1800p/60 on PS5 and they just now announced Ray Tracing support for Series S/X but not PS5.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 25 January 2021

1800p for PS5, not 1080p.

EspadaGrim said:

Weird to see IOI give preferential treatment to Xbox Series X for Hitman 3, it runs at 4K/60 on Series X while 1080p/60 on PS5 and they just now announced Ray Tracing support for Series S/X but not PS5.

I wonder why PS5 doesn't get ray-tracing support (yet). Phil leads Xbox so I guess it has nothing to do with countering Sony's dirty game of paying every second dev for some exclusivity deals. 

Edit: just realized it was just an interview with an Xbox site which doesn't mean it won't come to PS5 just because they didn't talk about the PS5. 

Around the Network

ooof my bad didn't see Ryuu's post

New Exclusive from Smilegate? https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/l5hdc9/newly_established_aaa_studio_smilegate_barcelona/

They are a private studio and already have a good relationship with MS with the CrossFire X deal, they could potentially be a buyout target.

Ryuu96 said:

Well, Smilegate is South Korean and I've always said Microsoft will focus more there than in Japan, apparently xCloud is having great success in South Korea, so they could continue their partnership, as for an acquisition? Hmm, CrossFire is massive in Asia and Smilegate will no doubt cost a few billion to acquire, will Microsoft spend that much so soon after Zenimax? Ehh, not sure.

There's still the Tencent rumour too, looking into acquiring a major company in either America or South Korea, Microsoft and Tencent could end up in a bidding war for Smilegate if they ever look into selling, Lol.

The bigger South Korean studios/publishers are all public companies, if MS were to go after anyone it would be them imo. Don’t see it happening though.

EZ. MONEY

But when will M$ sell the sinking ship called Xbox?

Good results all around, hopefully it translates to more investment into Xbox and gamepass