By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

So, Amazon and Google approaching big industry names for acquisition purposes, I have a feeling acquisitions are about to get nasty, Microsoft will for sure be making defensive bids with Amazon and Google involved.

We can rule EA out since they themselves are expanding but I wonder what other 'big industry names' are being approached, Bungie? CDPR? Ubisoft? Was only a matter of time before Google/Amazon acquire a major developer Tbh and Microsoft can't combat them both.

It's going to be interesting how MS reacts, will they get into a bidding war and try to counter offers from Google and Amazon? Will MS get more aggressive with their personal acquisition targets? Will Tencent get involved in the war?

The biggest target will be Ubisoft if they get bought out at all, Bungie is 100% gone they will get offers for sure and I think that Sumo Digital will get acquired by someone too. I don't see Sony going after big targets imo, Housemarqe and BluePoint are locks for them though but those are expected.

I'm glad that MS got Zeminax before Google, Amazon or Tencent got a chance.

Around the Network

Previously worked on Jedi Fallen Order, Battlefront 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda as a level designer.

That New IP by ZOS has some serious talent working on it.

Are we even sure Zenimax Online's new IP is an MMO?

Elputoxd said:

Are we even sure Zenimax Online's new IP is an MMO?

It could be a game with a heavy online focus like Destiny, Anthem, The Division but who knows.

Ryuu96 said:

Listening to Rand/Jez Podcast, Rand says that Klobrille's tweet about Halo Infinite not having Battle Royale but instead having a sort of "Big Team Battle 2.0" is accurate, more like Battlefield, a lot of players, spawn on teammates, a lot of vehicle combat, etc.

Would still love Halo BR and I'm sure millions would play it if done right. Could also draw many players to the game who play Apex and so on...

Halo is my favourite franchise especially because of the multiplayer but I would still love to play Halo BR as well. There is a reason why so many play BR since years now. It's just awesome and stands above anything else for many and this is not just a short trend you shouldn't follow.

But if they don't have the resources for it then they could release it in 2023 or so...shouldn't Take manpower away from anything else.

Around the Network

Seriously Phil Spencer needs to talk to him, at the very least just fund the first AAA title of Itagaki Studios as an exclusive and go from there. It would be so dumb to waste an opportunity like that.

Also didn’t know that Devils Third was originally supposed to be an Xbox exclusive, it’s such a shame because the original concept was so much more interesting that the final product.

AsGryffynn said:
Machiavellian said:

This is the type of game MS needs and they should reach out to these ex Tencent devs if they can really make this game a reality.

Fuse them with the Rare staff not working on Everwild and make Kameo 2. 

If they could get them to make Kameo 2 I would be all ears.  MS really should put some promising studio to doing a sequel as I believe there is still a lot they can do with that game and the concept of this game with the transformations and Kameo is right up their ally.

I agree that MS should give Tomonobu Itagaki a shot and help finance his new game. One of the holes within MS studios is an 3rd person action button mashers like Ninja Gaiden. I am sure MS has a few spare funds to take a risk and I hope Itagaki can bring something unique and fun to the ecosystem.

I doubt Itagaki has the ability to make something at the level of Ninja Gaiden but it wouldnt hurt for MS to take a chance with him.

DeusXmachina said:

I doubt Itagaki has the ability to make something at the level of Ninja Gaiden but it wouldnt hurt for MS to take a chance with him.

Yes, especially it is still unknown how big his new studio is. But, well, considering. that he even wants to work with MS himself, it would be dumb not to approach him.