By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Machiavellian said:

This is the type of game MS needs and they should reach out to these ex Tencent devs if they can really make this game a reality.

Yeah, this game looked great but I haven't seen any updates about it since it was first shown.

Ofcourse, the guy who made it was searching for people to work with him and wants it to make huge while also confirming this is years away.  Doubt (except early access) it will be released before 2024

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, this game looked great but I haven't seen any updates about it since it was first shown.

Ofcourse, the guy who made it was searching for people to work with him and wants it to make huge while also confirming this is years away.  Doubt (except early access) it will be released before 2024

True, one of the things that is missing from MS studios portfolio is a game like this.  Sony has God of War and I would throw in Horizon as well but MS doesn't really have a 3rd person action game of this sort or even this style and I believe they could really use a Studio with this type of vision and design.  Also if you are going to pitch a game nothing like giving a good target gameplay demo to wet the appetite. 

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft could do with a studio like that, sadly though, the chances of Microsoft acquiring a Chinese studio are next to zero

Timed exclusivity may be possible, they'll need funding and they've already said it will be coming to "mainstream consoles"

True, this would make  good day one gamepass for PC and console.  As to the studio, well money solves a lot of problems, you do not need the studio you just need the people.  MS could always help them form a new studio in the US but I agree, it would be slim something like this happens.

I would say that with that gameplay demo alone and the fact they bring this out in UE would be worth the risk.  Even if the game does not turn out as good, it probably would recoup the investment.

I think I can agree with almost everything mentioned above as predictions but will add a couple from myself:
- Some of the planned games for this year will eventually get delayed to 2022 (it's inevitable, this gonna be a common thing for the whole industry, not just Microsoft)
- First post-acquisition Bethesda games (like Starfield if it releases this year) will be multiplatform because a lot of effort was already put into PS4 versions of these games so Microsoft will not cancel them not to lower the morale of employees who were working on these ports). As for the latter Bethesda games, will depend on the market landscape by that time, but that's a prediction for another year.
- FH5 is not happening this year, maybe early 2022.
- Microsoft adds some sort of GamePass Super Ultimate bundle which will have both EA Play and Uplay+ bundled, maybe switches GamePass to model where you can add other publisher's subscriptions for additional monthly fee (like Amazon Luna).
- xCloud to launch on Windows and iOS
- Gold is finally dropped

I was actually surprised that MS even picked up Stalker and Bright Memory at all, Black Myth Wukong looks awesome and hopefully MS takes a look at it and does a publishing deal with the devs.

One game that MS should seriously look at is Atomic Heart, the devs are a small team and there have been rumors about development and money trouble.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4hRF1IuaXrk

Project Eve is another project from South Korea that looks interesting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8OTq4mUUMKM

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 15 January 2021

Around the Network

With Flight Sim release on Xbox Series console, MS will also announce support for valve and oculus VR hardware support including their own first and 3rd party gear. This will include gamepass release of popular VR games coming to the service. Just so you know, I pulled that directly out of nowhere so its not based on any rumor besides the one I am going to start. You heard it here first.

Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

- First post-acquisition Bethesda games (like Starfield if it releases this year) will be multiplatform because a lot of effort was already put into PS4 versions of these games so Microsoft will not cancel them not to lower the morale of employees who were working on these ports). As for the latter Bethesda games, will depend on the market landscape by that time, but that's a prediction for another year.

This is a concern I've had too, Lol. Imagining Microsoft coming in like "right, you spent years of hard work developing it for PS, we're tossing all that in the trash" would likely piss off quite a few employees.

They could make it timed exclusive, but that would then make nobody trust a word Microsoft says if they later go "Elder Scrolls will be permanently exclusive" and people will be like "yeah, like Starfield"

Rand and Jez were discussing this during the podcast, it kinda makes sense. I personally find it hard to believe that Bethesda wasn't working on PS4 version of Starfield if the game indeed is close to completion. So they'll definitely release it. Maybe not at the same time, but who knows. I would also not get my hopes high to Bethesda games being exclusive at all. Because let's say TES 6 or Fallout 5, these two will make a ton of money on Playstation for Microsoft, for sure, especially considering that they will sell them for full price on that platform. So, who knows. It depends on what is more of a priority for Microsoft would be in terms of Bethesda. Either use it as a force to push more people into Xbox ecosystem or just to increase profits of gaming division and make GamePass more appealing at the same time.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft could do with a studio like that, sadly though, the chances of Microsoft acquiring a Chinese studio are next to zero

Timed exclusivity may be possible, they'll need funding and they've already said it will be coming to "mainstream consoles"

Didn't both Phil and the Xbox Asia head say that MS was looking at Asia acquisitions at one point though? Seems to me like there is some chance of JP, South Korea, China or other Asia acquisitions at least.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Didn't both Phil and the Xbox Asia head say that MS was looking at Asia acquisitions at one point though? Seems to me like there is some chance of JP, South Korea, China or other Asia acquisitions at least.

I think they'll focus on South Korea and Japan, I don't think they'll acquire anyone in China, not only is it a political minefield, I'm not even sure if they could? Not without some Chinese company watching over them at least, CCP is notorious for being in everyone's business, you can't even enter the Chinese market without Tencent or someone similar.

Exactly this. All the Chinese business is government regulated, so I can't see MS buying any Chinese studio at all. So, if some acquisition happens in Asian region, I would be willing to bet that it's gonna be South Korean studio.

Starfield, Wolfenstein 3 and Arkane Austin's new IP - the first Bethesda games post-acquisition but that have no deal with Sony - will be Xbox exclusive, that's the main reason they haven't been announced yet. They should be announced at E3 this year (or whatever event Microsoft has).

shikamaru317 said:

Speaking of reviews, has anybody made an Xbox meta prediction league for 2021 yet?

I barely saw the end of last years. I apparently have missed it every year.  I want to enter into the 2021 one. 

edit:  I, I, I, gee wiz, sorry about that.

After missing it for several years straight, it was last years' thread that caught my eye.  The interest is there for my participation in a 2021 one.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 15 January 2021

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Machiavellian said:

This is the type of game MS needs and they should reach out to these ex Tencent devs if they can really make this game a reality.

Fuse them with the Rare staff not working on Everwild and make Kameo 2.