By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

LucasFilm Games, Bethesda and MachineGames are making an Indiana Jones game!

Hopefully it is exclusive. I do think if a platform hasn't been announced already, there is a good chance these games will be Xbox, PC, and cloud only. There's Xbox's 3rd person adventure game if they can get it. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Do I put Bethesda announcements in my title yet or wait for the deal to close?

I would wait.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Yeah, this situation is definitely tricky. I'd imagine Disney cut the deal with Bethesda wanting the game to be multiplatform but based on the tweet it sounds like it's in pre-production so a lot can happen between now and when it eventually comes out.

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Looks like this deal was likely in place before the MS buyout, I don’t expect Wolfenstein 3 or this game to be exclusive to Xbox so it might be a while before Machine Games actually works on some exclusives.

Phil is only honoring pre-existing agreements that included platforms. Wolfenstein 3, like Starfield, has no platforms announced yet, and as such should be able to be exclusive, it's up to Phil to choose platforms after the acquisition closes. Also, I'm not so sure that this Indiana Jones deal was made before the MS acquisition announcement, I find it hard to believe that Machine Games, a small AAA dev with just 120 devs, has been working on both Wolfenstein 3 and Indiana Jones for months or years, and this announcement says the game is a long way out, "it'll be some time before we talk about it" is Bethesda code speak for "we literally just put this game into development so don't expect a gameplay trailer for years".

I'm thinking that the deal was just made recently with the Indiana Jones game only in pre-production while they staff up a team for it (their current devs mainly have FPS experience, not really suited for a 3rd person story driven action-adventure Indiana Jones game, so they will need to staff up a team with story driven action-adventure experience for it), which likely means that Bethesda will have told Disney that they are being acquired by MS while negotiating with Disney, and told Disney that MS will probably want exclusivity, and Disney was ok with that and greenlit the deal anyway. 

I’m hoping that’s the case, if MS managed to get Indy as an exclusive from LucasGames then they could possibly be able to get a license to make an Exclusive Star Wars game in the future when the EA deal is finished.

Ryuu96 said:

There's a rumour going around that Arkane is working on a vampire game, I don't know where the rumour comes from though.

I heard someone say that it was one of Inxile’s two RPG projects that was a Vampire game but cited no source.

Around the Network

The Indiana Jones game may be interesting if done right. It seems like a few years away though, but glad to see how much the Bethesda deal is bringing to Xbox already. 

How often do Call of Duty games go on sale on the Microsoft store? I've got a craving to play modern warfare remastered, but I don't feel like paying full price for it. I regret not getting it during the holiday sale.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

I heard someone say that it was one of Inxile’s two RPG projects that was a Vampire game but cited no source.

Well we know the AAA is an FPS and I personally believe it will be in a Steampunk universe...An FPS vampire hunter game? The bullets dipped in holy water and carved crossed into them?

I think their 2nd RPG will be the scale of Wasteland, some smaller isometric title.

All I see on Era though is that Arkane Austin's next project is a vampire title but I've never bothered to see where the rumour comes from.

Sponger on Resetera (the guy who said Inxile’s AAA RPG has a bigger budget than Fable and Avowed) said that Inxile is going to grow massively in size this year so the 2nd game could still be AAA. The Steampunk game is being directed by Chad Moore so the other game would be by Brian Fargo. 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-game-studios-otxii-what-a-grand-and-intoxicating-innocence.308722/page-254#post-55699123

“First project is Chad Moore's baby (still not sure about the nature of the project, but don't expect it before 2024). Second one in the infancy has some relation to the "events" in 2020.

This year the team at inXile will massively grow.

More important thing is that deeper integration with BGS will bring some great things to the development table (XGS integration already happened and it's happening). This will be extraordinary year for everyone at inXile - a true breakthrough year !”

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

This was back in September.

Ark of the Covenant from Indiana Jones 1 on the shelf behind him. So the deal with LucasFilm was probably already made in September, around the same time that MS announced they were acquiring Bethesda. Makes me less certain that Bethesda will have told LucasFilm about the MS acquisition talks, which means that Bethesda may have signed a contract that included Sony platforms.

Damn, that really sucks, this would have made a great exclusive counter to Sony's rumored upcoming Uncharted from Sony San Diego and San Mateo studios. But if it's multiplat it doesn't really counter it.

I would assume the MS-Bethesda's negotiations had been undergoing for months before the announcement.

Besides, if MS really wanted to make it exclusive I think it would just be a matter of renegotiating the contracts (a.k.a paying more money) for it. I seriously doubt that all the exclusivity deals that we see pop up every day are signed before the development of said games begin (FFVII, Harry Potter, Kena, CrossFireX, STALKER, Scorn, etc).

On a side note, I thought "hmm, there is something going here," the minute I saw this tweet yesterday:

Ryuu96 said:

Wat

He just tweeted again, possible acquisition incoming or possibly exclusive deals?

Ryuu96 said:

Wat

Errr... that is the PS controller. If I had to make a bet, I would say it is Sony who is trying to buy Crytek.

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked and that seems to be the only emoji for controllers available.