By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
sales2099 said:

^^^ Now we definitely need a showcase before launch. Get some new Game announcements going! If they can’t make it at launch at least hype us up for what’s to come. People will buy just knowing certain games will eventually come. 

Hopefully XO during the first week of November. 

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
EspadaGrim said:

Alanah Pearce’s latest video on wether Bethesda games should be Xbox exclusive is really bad, I know that she is trying to be impartial but MS should not be helping Sony at all especially when they are being scum bags and money-hatting games from big publishers and her takes on the idea of Exclusive games as a whole just seems like a pointless conversation to have.

Jez really seems to be the only person who actually gets the full picture and is actually informed about the deal and the state of the gaming industry as a whole, many of these so called gaming journalists are embarrassing to listen to and it’s incredible that they are being paid when I see people who are more informed on these forums.

It's a bit misplaced calling competitors of Microsoft moneyhatters when it is used in defense of a company that has never shied away from such behaviour.

Alanah Pearce mostly comes off as pretty neutral yes but i do think she has more knowledge of the financial side of things than most youtubers have, can you give a link for that jez guy so i can compare opinions? 

Sorry but i just don't find it comparable at all especially when the only example that people can use for this generation for a MS timed exclusive deal is Rise of the Tomb Raider, yes you can mention Dead Rising 3 and 4 but those games would have never happened without MS getting involved and the franchise debuted on Xbox 360 and was exclusive for a time. Phil has already said that he won't ever make a deals like that again.

Meanwhile you look at Sony and everything they have done recently, I will likely never play Street Fighter V on my Xbox and they paid for timed exclusivity on FF7 Remake a game that so many people have been waiting on for a long time and the rest of the entries are also likely to be timed exclusive too and then you have the Spider-Man Avengers deal that they made.Industry insiders have stated that they are literally calling every 3rd party publisher that they can and trying to get exclusive content. Sony thus far has Money-hatted 4 games from big publishers that we know of and it was confirmed that they were in discussions to money-hat Starfield, so whats next? GTA 6 because you know damn well that they aren't going to stop doing these deals. I also find it strange that a company that many praise for having the strongest 1st party studios and franchises needs to buy timed exclusives to bolster their game lineup.

If you want to listen to Jez's satements on the deal here is the link to the Xbox Two podcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67eccU5Wk0

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:
Why do some people on twitter believe that MS will buy Dontnod?

They opened a new studio in Canada, people are speculating where the money is coming from, plus Dontnod would be a good acquisition.

However I don't think it means anything, same speculation happened when IO Interactive opened a new studio and it didn't mean anything, plus Dontnod is a public company, if Microsoft has acquired them, we would know about it instantly.

EspadaGrim said:

Alanah Pearce’s latest video on wether Bethesda games should be Xbox exclusive is really bad, I know that she is trying to be impartial but MS should not be helping Sony at all especially when they are being scum bags and money-hatting games from big publishers and her takes on the idea of Exclusive games as a whole just seems like a pointless conversation to have.

Jez really seems to be the only person who actually gets the full picture and is actually informed about the deal and the state of the gaming industry as a whole, many of these so called gaming journalists are embarrassing to listen to and it’s incredible that they are being paid when I see people who are more informed on these forums.

Jez's speech on it during yesterdays podcast was great and fully convinced me that they will be console exclusives now, for a number of reasons.

1. Seems like Microsoft is more worried about Amazon than Sony now, Microsoft in order to counter Amazon needs to grow Game Pass/xCloud and you can't grow Game Pass on platforms it isn't on, which is Playstation consoles, if you make them exclusive to platforms where Game Pass is though, like Xbox and PC, folk are more likely to try out Game Pass.

2. Microsoft needs to make their money back is a statement used but it isn't really an accurate one, $7.5bn is nothing to Microsoft, they're a $1.5tn company with $136b in cash on hand, they make more than $7.5bn in profit every quarter, this is pocket change to them.

Ontop of that, these companies don't really want money just sitting there doing nothing, they want to make more money, if the profit they make from Zenimax exceeds the interest they make on $7.5bn sitting in the bank, they will jump on the opportunity to get rid of the cash.

3. People saying Microsoft needs to, they don't, they're a business, there's no niceness in this, Sony and Microsoft might respect each other but Amazon sure as shit doesn't respect Microsoft, they don't care about the gaming industry, they don't care about Microsoft, if they could they would destroy Microsoft so Microsoft can't really afford to play nice for Sony's sake, they need to make Game Pass/xCloud as lucrative as possible.

And if Sony acquired Zenimax would people really be asking Sony to do the same? I doubt it.

We all know that we wouldn't be having this conversation on possible exclusivity if Sony were the ones to buy Bethesda.

Also speaking of IOI do they still have the deal with WBIE for those two titles they are developing? because i find it strange that they are self publishing Hitman 3. Either way Microsoft really need to try to lock them down, they are now a 2 Team studio and I guarantee that Sony or another company are going to take a look at them.

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

They opened a new studio in Canada, people are speculating where the money is coming from, plus Dontnod would be a good acquisition.

However I don't think it means anything, same speculation happened when IO Interactive opened a new studio and it didn't mean anything, plus Dontnod is a public company, if Microsoft has acquired them, we would know about it instantly.

Jez's speech on it during yesterdays podcast was great and fully convinced me that they will be console exclusives now, for a number of reasons.

1. Seems like Microsoft is more worried about Amazon than Sony now, Microsoft in order to counter Amazon needs to grow Game Pass/xCloud and you can't grow Game Pass on platforms it isn't on, which is Playstation consoles, if you make them exclusive to platforms where Game Pass is though, like Xbox and PC, folk are more likely to try out Game Pass.

2. Microsoft needs to make their money back is a statement used but it isn't really an accurate one, $7.5bn is nothing to Microsoft, they're a $1.5tn company with $136b in cash on hand, they make more than $7.5bn in profit every quarter, this is pocket change to them.

Ontop of that, these companies don't really want money just sitting there doing nothing, they want to make more money, if the profit they make from Zenimax exceeds the interest they make on $7.5bn sitting in the bank, they will jump on the opportunity to get rid of the cash.

3. People saying Microsoft needs to, they don't, they're a business, there's no niceness in this, Sony and Microsoft might respect each other but Amazon sure as shit doesn't respect Microsoft, they don't care about the gaming industry, they don't care about Microsoft, if they could they would destroy Microsoft so Microsoft can't really afford to play nice for Sony's sake, they need to make Game Pass/xCloud as lucrative as possible.

And if Sony acquired Zenimax would people really be asking Sony to do the same? I doubt it.

We all know that we wouldn't be having this conversation on possible exclusivity if Sony were the ones to buy Bethesda.

Also speaking of IOI do they still have the deal with WBIE for those two titles they are developing? because i find it strange that they are self publishing Hitman 3. Either way Microsoft really need to try to lock them down, they are now a 2 Team studio and I guarantee that Sony or another company are going to take a look at them.

No, WB dropped IOI after Hitman 2 underperformed 

Spade said:
sales2099 said:

I feel even Spiderman from Insomniac shouldn’t be exclusive. Yes Sony owns the IP for movies but you’d think Marvel would step in and say “you can’t lock a mass appeal superhero to one console”. Marvel and DC video games are all multiplat so how does Sony get a pass on locking Spiderman? That isn’t what Marvel IPs are about. Sony playing dirty with the IP imo and I’m glad MS responding in kind. 

Maybe Disney will step in and do what the MLB did to The Show and Sony Sandiego. Making them release MLB the Show on multiple consoles in 2021. It's BS either way, but business is business :)

I think Disney will step in and force Sony to release the game on all platforms. No way will Disney let the game not be on xbox, PC and possibly Switch 2.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
EspadaGrim said:

No, WB dropped IOI after Hitman 2 underperformed 

Wow really they signed that two game deal with Warner Bros just last year i think, then i hope that MS get them now since they expanded and now those game might not have a publisher plus secure funding.

shikamaru317 said:
I may be mistaken, but I don’t think Disney has much control over what Sony does with Spider-Man. Because Sony made the deal for the Spider-Man movie license with Marvel back in the late 90’s long before Disney bought Marvel, Disney has to honor the pre-existing contract, at least until it it expires, whenever that is.

I doubt that deal extends to gaming. Stuff like Spiderman 2018 and the Marvel DLC were probably deals made recently.

Ryuu96 said:
What are you all hoping the rumoured two studios are?

Personally, Asobo and Techland for me.

Asobo makes too much sense, Techland would be great to get a hub in Poland, great studio too, odd that they've gone radio silent for most of 2020.

I 100% agree with both your picks, Asobo makes too much sense because the relationship is already there and Techland is probably the biggest AAA game dev in Poland outside of CD Projekt.

Techland is the one that I'm hoping for the most out of all of the possibilities just look at the pros if MS buys them, They have their own engine and they have 2 AAA teams with the second one already confirmed to be working on "Fantasy Open World RPG". https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/18/techlands-open-world-fantasy-rpg-may-include-opponents-of-unusual-size-are-we-talking-monster-hunter-or-shadow-of-the-colossus/

shikamaru317 said:
I may be mistaken, but I don’t think Disney has much control over what Sony does with Spider-Man. Because Sony made the deal for the Spider-Man movie license with Marvel back in the late 90’s long before Disney bought Marvel, Disney has to honor the pre-existing contract, at least until it it expires, whenever that is.

Sony 100% used their the Spider-Man movie rights as leverage to having the IP be exclusive to Playstaion since Disney is actually losing money on it being exclusive to one console. Craziest thing is that Disney didn't need Sony for that game because Insomniac wasn't even 1st party when they made it and it was also first rumored that Sucker Punch was initially working on it, they could have also easily sold the licensing rights as a package to the highest bidder like they did with Star Wars and the rest of the Marvel characters.

Ryuu96 said:

I he referring to the AAA project?