By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Why is Ryu posting tweets from a walking cat saying random words? Did he have a stroke?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
I hated it that games like Outer Worlds 2, Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2 are multiplat. Minecraft I get it it’s at its best when it’s available everywhere. But if WB happens and they stay multiplat it’s like...... why even do this in the first place? Differentiate your brand. Sony loving the money hats MS should play dirty too. Sometimes it’s like they too nice.

Outer Worlds 2 probably won't be multiplatform. Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 were crowdfunded games. It'll be pretty lame if they got money promising a ps4 version and then cancelled it.

shikamaru317 said:

New AC Valhalla gameplay leaked which confirmed my suspicions that the first leak was from a much older build. 

Spoiler!

Differences from the first leaked build:

• Camera is closer to the player, but not as close as some 3rd person action games like God of War 4
  • Improved facial animations
  • Improved facial detail
  • Character level has been removed in this build (the removal of levels was leaked back in January, which means the first gameplay leak was from a 2019 build of the game or earlier)
  • 60 fps instead of 30 fps, but with console buttons, either this is XSX gameplay and there is a 60 fps option on XSX afterall, or this is on PC with an Xbox controller
  • Menus have changed between the two builds

Other noteworthy observations:

• The England map seems pretty big, and we know it is one of 3 maps in the game, there is also a Norway map and a secret map that Ubisoft has teased
  • With traditional levels removed, progression is based on Power instead. Regions of the map have different recommended Power levels. You increase Power by unlocking skills in the skill tree. The character got 2 skill points for looting this boss, and already has 55 skill points, yet is only on chapter 4 of the main story (most AC games have around 10+ main story chapters), which seems to indicate that there are hundreds of earnable skill points and very large skill trees. 
  • The circle menu has icons of a torch, horn, hooded assassin, 3 coins, fish on a hook, musical note, and a person meditating. Speculation that these represent equipping a torch to light dark caves, calling for allies with a horn, putting Eivor's hood up and down, throwing coins on the ground for a distraction (was a mechanic in some early AC games), fishing, musical instrument minigame or premade animations, and meditating to pass the time Witcher style. 
  • There are 3 categories of side content. Mysteries, Wealth, and Secrets. The leak showcases a Mysteries side mission boss. The region of East Anglia, which seems to be the smallest of the 4 regions on the England map, has 15 wealth activities, 17 mysteries, and 11 secrets. Mysteries seem to give skill points, while a menu tooltip says that Wealth activities award Books of Knowledge, which are used to unlock active abilities. 

This looks amazing imo.
Not sure what people are expecting anyway...

Odyssey was great and they should just build on the same gameplay and just improve it.
If the game is pushing the hardware to be even better graphically and add new system/quests/worlds etc. That's what a sequel is about.

If you did not like Odyssey or Origins and want the game to go back the old way, then yes, I guess this is not so good :) But if you are like me and actually started to enjoy AC because of the departure from before and new Origins/Odyssey mechanics, then this is really looking good for Valhalla.

Spoiler!
The only thing that is a bit bothering me, are the the items are the lack of anything else but 4 stats on it (like not special power on the legendaries or anything). But maybe they are just yellow, not actual legendaries.

shikamaru317 said:

Halo 4 Cortana is a bit too thicc and busty for my liking. 

shikamaru317 said:
Imaginedvl said:

This looks amazing imo.
Not sure what people are expecting anyway...

Odyssey was great and they should just build on the same gameplay and just improve it.
If the game is pushing the hardware to be even better graphically and add new system/quests/worlds etc. That's what a sequel is about.

If you did not like Odyssey or Origins and want the game to go back the old way, then yes, I guess this is not so good :) But if you are like me and actually started to enjoy AC because of the departure from before and new Origins/Odyssey mechanics, then this is really looking good for Valhalla.

Spoiler!
The only thing that is a bit bothering me, are the the items are the lack of anything else but 4 stats on it (like not special power on the legendaries or anything). But maybe they are just yellow, not actual legendaries.

Same, these leaks haven't caused me to lose any hype for AC Valhalla. I too thoroughly enjoyed AC Odyssey, it was basically Witcher 3 + AC, and since Witcher 3 is tied for my favorite game of all-time, that is a winning formula in my book. Everything I've seen and read about Valhalla leads me to believe it will be even better than Odyssey. Valhalla is still my 3rd most hyped game currently, after Cyberpunk and Halo Infinite. 

Personally, I understand why fans of the old AC are upset, this new RPG, Witcher-esque take on the franchise is very different from classic AC. But, let's face it, the classical AC formula had grown stagnant after 10 games that used that formula with only small, evolutionary upgrades in each one. Sales were dwindling rapidly, with AC Syndicate selling about half the copies lifetime that AC3 sold lifetime. Ubisoft did what they needed to do to save the franchise from death; instead of keeping the classic formula and continuing to evolve it until the franchise eventually died, they decided to basically reboot the franchise, going with the current Witcher with a hint of Souls formula. It was clearly a smart choice, whereas Syndicate, the final classical AC, sold around 6m copies lifetime, Origins and Odyssey both sold over 10m copies, with Odyssey being the first AC game to ever sell over 2m copies on Steam (according to Steam Spy), and is believed to be the 2nd or 3rd bestselling game in the whole franchise now. 

I don't dislike these new AC games by any stretch. I've enjoyed both Origins, and Odyssey, and ultimately, I'm sure I'll enjoy Valhalla, whenever I end up playing it. However, there's definitely room for improvement. For one, the Witcher 3 comparison is only skin deep, because what makes Witcher 3 so great isn't the structure, or the mechanics of it all, but the quality of the writing, and the cohesion of the package. Origins actually had the cohesion, but not the writing, and Odyssey, while it had some strong moments, was mostly overshadowed by bloat on the writing front, and went a step backwards in the cohesion department. 

Also, while AC certainly needed a breath of fresh air, it's now kind of lost it's unique identity. Parkour has been massively de-emphasized, to the point that you no longer even have to think about it. You can scale anything in your way, nothing is unclimbable, no matter the surface, or terrain. The animations and control you have for parkour are far worse than they were when Unity overhauled the system. It's just entirely unremarkable now. Likewise, any notions of actually making you feel even remotely like an Assassin have gone completely out the window. You're pretty much just any generic action hero now. That's kind of a shame. Also, Ubisoft still can't seem to figure out what they really wanna do with the Animus material that spans their overarching AC story. They won't ditch it, but they're also not willing to make these sections integral enough for the player to care about them in the slightest. 

So....ya....AC are fun games, but I no longer feel invested in the franchise as a whole. I just kind of get around to them.

Last edited by Angelus - on 08 July 2020

Around the Network

In terms of Cortana Halo 5 > Halo 2A > Halo 4 > other Halos.

Ryuu96 said:

Even more evidence to point towards The Initiative working on two projects.

Two codenames, two projects?

This all sounds like MS have everything mapped out for the show and are giving code names to what they plan to show. Looks like the codenames leaked so its just a matter of time til everything leaks.

shikamaru317 said:

What can I say, I like petite Cortana over thicc and busty Cortana *shrugs*

Looks how much thicker they made her between 3 and 4:

She went from like 32-22-32 to like 34-22-38, lol. 

Sorry, my brain just couldn't process the concept of too thicc and busty :P

KiigelHeart said:
shikamaru317 said:

What can I say, I like petite Cortana over thicc and busty Cortana *shrugs*

Looks how much thicker they made her between 3 and 4:

She went from like 32-22-32 to like 34-22-38, lol. 

The breasts on the thicc one look more fitting for the body it is on than the thinner model.

Does she appear in the game like this or is this some fanthing to make her more nude?

Immersiveunreality said:
KiigelHeart said:

The breasts on the thicc one look more fitting for the body it is on than the thinner model.

Does she appear in the game like this or is this some fanthing to make her more nude?

No, that's her actual model in Halo 4