By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

tf is this pogo now?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Jeff Grubb said that he also heard about Bandai Namco working on Killer Instinct but he couldn’t verify it.

If it's true, I wonder what team it is, Soulcalibur, Tekken or Smash...I'd think Soulcalibur, it's the weakest IP of those 3, I can imagine if it was the Smash team they would drop KI like a tonne of bricks as soon as Nintendo was ready to put another Smash in development, Tekken is strong and likely has another entry close to release.

Probably would be easier to convince Soulcalibur team to do certain things (like Rollback Netcode) than it would be to convince Harada to as well...

I wonder where Namco Acquired Smash Bros team? they probably weren't apart of Tekken or Soul Calibur Team? Pretty sure they'll repeat what they did with Smash 4 on Wii U, remember the smash bros team had 0 knowledge on party fighters. And noone knows where they came from? probably few worked on Naruto Shippuden?

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Early Halo Infinite Concept Art.

Man, I love Sanghelios, it was one of the few good things about Halo 5's story and I really hope that we get to explore more of it one day. Obviously this is early story ideas and was all scrapped in favour of the current story, I would suspect that they changed focus after the positive reception to The Banished in Halo Wars 2 and the original story was likely right after Halo 5 and some sort of resistance story.

But man, now I really want an expansion focused on Blue Team & Arbiter working together to find Chief and the new location of Zeta Halo, Arbiter can put Half-Jaw in charge of Sanghelios for now, Lol. Not sure if Arbiter cares about Chief enough to go searching for him but that image of Kelly chilling with Arbiter just looks so damn cool.

I'm also curious how Blue Team would get on and work with Arbiter without Chief there.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 2 days ago

Ryuu96 said:

Man, I love Sanghelios, it was one of the few good things about Halo 5's story and I really hope that we get to explore more of it one day. Obviously this is early story ideas and was all scrapped in favour of the current story, I would suspect that they changed focus after the positive reception to The Banished in Halo Wars 2 and the original story was likely right after Halo 5 and some sort of resistance story.

But man, now I really want an expansion focused on Blue Team & Arbiter working together to find Chief and the new location of Zeta Halo, Arbiter can put Half-Jaw in charge of Sanghelios for now, Lol. Not sure if Arbiter cares about Chief enough to go searching for him but that image of Kelly chilling with Arbiter just looks so damn cool.

I'm also curious how Blue Team would get on and work with Arbiter without Chief there.

As I recall, the first 6 months to 1 year of development it was being called Halo 6 and Halo 5 writer Brian Reed was writing it still, as he was promoted from Lead Writer on Halo 5 to Lead Narrative Director by early 2016. At that time the game was a direct sequel to Halo 5. After the negative backlash to 5's story Brian Reed eventually decided to resign, and by March 2017 343 was looking for a new lead narrative director. At some point during all of that, the decision was made to rename Halo 6 to Halo Infinite, make it a long term support GaaS game, and to skip the immediate aftermath of Halo 5 and instead focus the game later, after Cortana had been defeated, most likely due to the positive reception by Halo fans to The Banished in Halo Wars 2.

I do think that 343 should consider Infinite expansions that aren't even set on Zeta Halo, either that or spinoff standalone games, it would be cool to see what Blue Team, Arbiter, Alpha-Nine, Team Osiris, etc. are doing in the 6 months where Chief is floating in space as well as during Infinite's main campaign. Obviously there is going to be clean-up of the remaining Created happening, deactivating other rogue AI who had sided with Cortana, dealing with any remaining Prometheans, etc. But eventually, the UNSC is going to decide that they need to find where Zeta Halo moved to so that they can send back-up to the Infinity, and they could do a campaign that involves the UNSC and Arbiter working together to deal with the Banished on the Ark so that they can use the Ark's ability to build Rings in order to get a Slipspace drive fast enough to reach Zeta Halo. I see potential for expansion campaigns/standalones showing what Blue Team, Arbiter, and Alpha-Nine are doing in those 6 months. One thing is for sure, they need to get them to Zeta Halo at some point, it would be ridiculous to expect Chief and the remaining Infinity forces to be able to take down the combined might of the Banished and the Endless completely on their own. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - 2 days ago

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/045/218/940/4k/josh-kao-halo6-resistancehub-01v7.jpg?1642189760

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/045/218/892/4k/josh-kao-rebel-base-exteriorpr.jpg?1642189654

As I recall, the first 6 months to 1 year of development it was being called Halo 6 and Halo 5 writer Brian Reed was writing it still, as he was promoted from Lead Writer on Halo 5 to Lead Narrative Director by early 2016. At that time the game was a direct sequel to Halo 5. After the negative backlash to 5's story Brian Reed eventually decided to resign, and by March 2017 343 was looking for a new lead narrative director. At some point during all of that, the decision was made to rename Halo 6 to Halo Infinite, make it a long term support GaaS game, and to skip the immediate aftermath of Halo 5 and instead focus the game later, after Cortana had been defeated, most likely due to the positive reception by Halo fans to The Banished in Halo Wars 2.

I do think that 343 should consider Infinite expansions that aren't even set on Zeta Halo, either that or spinoff standalone games, it would be cool to see what Blue Team, Arbiter, Alpha-Nine, Team Osiris, etc. are doing in the 6 months where Chief is floating in space as well as during Infinite's main campaign. Obviously there is going to be clean-up of the remaining Created happening, deactivating other rogue AI who had sided with Cortana, dealing with any remaining Prometheans, etc. But eventually, the UNSC is going to decide that they need to find where Zeta Halo moved to so that they can send back-up to the Infinity, and they could do a campaign that involves the UNSC and Arbiter working together to deal with the Banished on the Ark so that they can use the Ark's ability to build Rings in order to get a Slipspace drive fast enough to reach Zeta Halo. I see potential for expansion campaigns/standalones showing what Blue Team, Arbiter, and Alpha-Nine are doing in those 6 months. One thing is for sure, they need to get them to Zeta Halo at some point, it would be ridiculous to expect Chief and the remaining Infinity forces to be able to take down the combined might of the Banished and the Endless completely on their own. 

It does line up nicely, if UNSC can't find Zeta Halo then what can? The Ark, so after they defeat the remaining Guardians (if any) they join forces with Arbiter to retake The Ark (which also makes sense because IIRC Arbiter had forces on The Ark too, as a collaboration effort between UNSC and SoS) so once they retake The Ark (which also reunites them with Spirit of Fire) they can then use The Ark to find the location of Zeta Halo...Feel like it would also make sense for The Ark to be able to portal to any Halo with it being connected to them all too.

So the only issue is UNSC's initial trip to The Ark as the portal is closed so it would take them months? To reach The Ark again, however that works in favour of Infinite's timeline which is months after Infinity loses, say that UNSC spends a couple of months recovering, then we have to add on the months it takes to travel to The Ark via conventional methods, then the battle they will have on The Ark with what is, quite a large force of The Banished, adding that all together and they could align the timeline perfectly with a future Halo Infinite DLC.

What other options do we have? UNSC accidentally stumbles upon Zeta Halo? That's dumb, Chief sends a signal out? Given it's outside of the Galaxy it's extremely unlikely there's anything that Chief has which could create a strong enough signal that wouldn't take years to reach UNSC. Chief lets Zeta Halo repair itself so it can jump again? Also not happening, Chief would sooner blow it to pieces with him on it.

Only logical option I can see is The Endless overwhelm Chief which allows them to repair Zeta Halo and then jump it back to its original location, next to Epshu I which is now heavily speculated to be The Endless homeworld. Other than that, the only logical explanation for a reunion that I can think of is UNSC takes back The Ark, now imagine how awesome that would be as an expansion? Imagine how shit it would be to be told in a book instead...It would suck if every single future expansion is focused on Chief only and it definitely would be ridiculous if Chief solos this.

When is MS making a Gears of War collection for modern platforms (Series S/X, PC).

I've only played 1 and 4 - and own 5 and Tactics.

Still dont have a way to play 2, 3 or Judgment and 1 is stuck on GamePass for PC.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Xbox Feedback Analysis: The Top Issues Xbox Fans Want to See Fixed in 2022 | Windows Central

As good as Xbox has been doing lately, things could always be better, right? Recently, I asked on Twitter what Xbox fans' biggest concerns were currently about the Xbox platform, and solicited over 1,000 replies with user feedback. Over the Christmas break, I sat down and analyzed each bit of feedback based on various categories. If a feedback item appeared only once, I added it to an "other" column. The vast majority of complaints did, in fact, appear multiple times, and the range of feedback was quite broad.

I agree that Game DVR needs improvements but on my priority list it's really far in the back.

OS still has too many issues. Booting games and crashing to dashboard before the game even loads happens too damn frequent. Pressing the Xbox button on the controller sometimes won't do anything at all or it takes multiple seconds for the console to register. Getting error message when booting the game saying that you either need to be online for it to start or you need to sign in with the profile that bought it even though you're online and the profile is correct.

I have three storages locations on my Xbox: Internal, SSD and HDD. Internal is for Series X|S games, SSD for non-Series X|S games that I consider playing in the future and that profit from faster loading times and HDD which is for everything else.
Why doesn't the console ask me when downloading games on which storage location to install them?
I always have to move around games from A to B and sometimes even temporarily to C.
When you select the SSD to be the standard download location and there's no storage space on it left and no space on the Internal either, the OS will never ask you if you want to install it on the HDD even if the HDD was completely empty. That sucks hard.