By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Seeing how people are bitching about "no next gen graphics shown" at the show makes me really sad. It's like the graphics are the only thing gamers care about these days.

Around the Network

Watching the trailers again but now in 4k on Youtube after I only saw a worse stream and that definitely helps already for me to get a better feeling now lol.

Ryuu96 said:

That's gonna look real ugly once the Series S is in the mix.

Scarlet Nexus looks to be exclusive based on the twitter banner. https://twitter.com/scarlet_nexus

derpysquirtle64 said:
Seeing how people are bitching about "no next gen graphics shown" at the show makes me really sad. It's like the graphics are the only thing gamers care about these days.

Video games are a visual medium. Why do we buy new machines, if not because we want our games to look better? I mean sure, we wanna see innovative new gameplay, better AI, physics, etc. as well...but visuals are 1) always the first thing that stands out, and 2) part of the immersion factor.

That aside, what else are people supposed to judge when you only provide trailers, most of which featured very little gameplay? It's not like we just got to see a chunky vertical slice of a bunch of games, and can analyze gameplay, level design, etc.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

It was better than I expected. I thought it would be 3-4 games with a lot of talk from devs about these games. But instead we got around 15 game announcements with the majority of them being either completely unannounced before or not being announced for Xbox.

The interesting stuff to highlight: Bright Memory Infinite, Dirt 5, The Medium, Scarlet Nexus, Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

Also, The Medium won't have Xbox One version it seems, so here goes that first "true next gen" game that won't be held back by Xbox One, a lot of people were anticipated to see.

Hah, also that quote from Matt has been twisted so much, everyone has taken it as "At least 2 years after Series X launch" which isn't what he said but whatever, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some Series X/Series S exclusive titles in 2021.

Yeah this is the original quote:

""As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices," Booty explains. "We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and (Series X) that they feel that they made a good investment and that we're committed to them with content."

• He doesn't specifically say anything about no Series X exclusives.
  • The two years he says would take us to the end of 2021 which seems around right for cross-gen.
  • He doesn't mention that games will be playable locally on Xbox One and technically xCloud versions played on Xbox One of Series X games fits what he says
  • We already have 2 games from this showcase that are next gen only Scorn/The Medium through third party deals 

shikamaru317 said:

Kind of annoyed by the fact that Phil didn't seem to win over any more JP publishers or developers on his last visit to Japan. Every JP game shown today was by publishers who were already supporting Xbox One, and every JP publisher/developer on this pic was already supporting Xbox One. Quite a few JP publishers missing from this pic meanwhile; Atlus, Marvelous, NIS, SNK, Level-5, GungHo, Idea Factory, etc.; even Arc System Works is missing from the pic and they were supporting Xbox some the latter part of this gen, with games like DragonBall Fighter Z and River City Girls. 

I was hyped seeing Spike Chunsoft here but hen I googled that they were already supporting Xbox with One Punch Man game and Jump Force so it doesn't really mean much. 

shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I don't think it's so much that, I don't think that graphics are all that people care about. The problem as I see it is twofold:

1. MS marketed this event like it would be our first taste of what next-gen had to offer. But what we mainly saw were games with current gen graphics, uprezzed to 4K on Series X. The only game I saw that looks like it couldn't run on current gen was ironically the game that was developed by 1 person, the first game they showed by the Chinese developer.

2. People have been worried about Xbox Series X early gen graphics ever since Microsoft said all of their 1st/2nd party games would be cross-gen for the next 2 years. To our knowledge Sony has no such limitation on their 1st party studios, so any 1st party games they reveal that aren't already announced (TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima) will be fully PS5 exclusive rather than cross-gen as far as we know. People are worried about what that will do for Xbox Series X's image, because even though Series X specs beat PS5 by a fairly noteworthy margin, developers won't truly be able to take advantage of that power if they are being held back by the 1.3 tflop anchor that is base Xbox One, so people fear that Xbox Series X will be a more powerful console with weaker graphics, at least early gen. People were hoping that Microsoft would allay those fears today by showing a truly gorgeous next-gen game that really showed was Series X is capable of, but what we mainly got were cross-gen games.

Ironically, this game is confirmed for Xbox One release but given that it is not releasing anytime soon, I won't be surprised to see Xbox One version being cancelled.

jason1637 said:
Scarlet Nexus looks to be exclusive based on the twitter banner. https://twitter.com/scarlet_nexus

It would be great, but I think there is almost zero chance of it being exclusive. First of all, Bandai Namco rarely does exclusives nowadays. Second, MS would have announced it being exclusive if this was the case.

Ryuu96 said:
Hol up, is that Amazon listed on the developer support? Interesting strategy to release on your rivals platform...

@Shika, Platinum isn't listed but their next game (by Kamiya) is already confirmed to be aiming to launch on Xbox One so who knows...Maybe the list isn't complete.

Yeah, seeing Amazon there definitely interesting.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:
As of now, there will be third parties debuting with Microsoft in July.

That is good news. Was worried we'd have to wait until August to see Microsoft's AAA 3rd party deals. The only AAA's we had today were AC Valhalla and Madden, and I know they have more AAA marketing deals than that, they have more than 2 every year, usually around 5 or 6. Hopefully we get to see the Series X build of Cyberpunk in July, alongside Harry Potter RPG, Dragon Age 4, and Starfield, really want MS to have marketing on those 4. CoD marketing would be great as well, though I fully suspect that Sony will have it again, Activision has never waited until July to reveal a CoD game, has always been May or June.

CoD is not happening. It would take MS to overtake Sony in sales at least in US for it being possible ever again, unless they are willing to pay a REALLY huge amount of money for this marketing deal.

COD wont happen. Sony funded the Modern Warfare 2 remake.

derpysquirtle64 said:
jason1637 said:

It would be great, but I think there is almost zero chance of it being exclusive. First of all, Bandai Namco rarely does exclusives nowadays. Second, MS would have announced it being exclusive if this was the case.

I'd expect so too but some of the games announced today that are exclusive MS didnt specify their exclusivity drying the Inside Xbox. Alse the twitter page has a big Xbox logo and their website only has it listed for Xbox One and Series X. Usually publishers would announce ever platform by now.

jason1637 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I'd expect so too but some of the games announced today that are exclusive MS didnt specify their exclusivity drying the Inside Xbox. Alse the twitter page has a big Xbox logo and their website only has it listed for Xbox One and Series X. Usually publishers would announce ever platform by now.

Okay, this makes things more interesting. Really hope this game is a Series X launch title