By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:

So they removed one of the maps in halo infinite because of a bug....Still havn't played one of the new maps + I am still in season 2.001

Yeah, Forge is definitely in beta form. I enjoyed some of the community made Forge maps yesterday, but you can tell it’s not in a finished state. 

Mint Blitz is also on Season 2.001

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 09 November 2022

Around the Network

Id Software went on to use nearly all the music; over double what they paid for.

They still haven't paid the man for HALF of his music created.

I demanded Marty withdraw his false accusations and issue an apology. But they rejected this on Marty's concern that if he admitted fault publicly, that would negatively affect his reputation.

Fuck this, Marty needs to apologise. He spent over 10 months doing unpaid work, crunched like mad, missed time with his family, had stupid deadlines, poor communication, his name put on OST he wasn't even contracted for, complete management failure and it sounds like they treated him like shit, Mick's music is the 2nd most memorable thing about Doom behind the gameplay!

Bethesda's legal department is absolute trash and always has been, I can't believe they put him on an OST without contracting him for it and didn't mention to him certain laws he would be upheld to on the first contract which Marty would later use to threaten him to get the work out in time.

He even has metadata receipts, Lol.

Just another case of a contractor being treated like shit by a developer, it shouldn't happen to anyone, but I've always loved Mick's work and just by the Killer Instinct OST you can tell how passionate he is about his work and how much effort he puts into each and every song.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 November 2022

The final offer

• I would produce a better version of the DOOM Eternal OST.
  • But in return, I needed Marty to take down the Reddit post, publish a clarification and pay me for the extra music used in DOOM Eternal.
  • As the months wore on, they became belligerent and inflexible, bringing nothing to the table but vague threats and circular arguments.
  • They even degenerated into gaslighting tactics, trying to convince me that removing the Reddit post would somehow make my situation worse, so for the benefit of everyone, it should remain untouched.
  • I told him how Marty’s Reddit post had affected me deeply, both professionally and personally. It was a source of ongoing stress and harm, and I asked if he’d consider removing it.
  • A few days later, Marty’s lawyers contacted me and said removing the Reddit post had greatly offended him. He was furious and made it clear in the strongest terms that an amicable resolution would be impossible.

This statement does not reflect the overwhelmingly positive, successful relationships I’ve had with many people and studios under the Zenimax umbrella. The games I worked on, and the people behind them, remain dear to my heart.

Ryuu96 said:

Id Software went on to use nearly all the music; over double what they paid for.

I demanded Marty withdraw his false accusations and issue an apology. But they rejected this on Marty's concern that if he admitted fault publicly, that would negatively affect his reputation.

Fuck this, Marty needs to apologise. He spent over 10 months doing unpaid work, crunched like mad, missed time with his family, had stupid deadlines, poor communication, his name put on OST he wasn't even contracted for, complete management failure and it sounds like they treated him like shit, Mick's music is the 2nd most memorable thing about Doom behind the gameplay!

Bethesda's legal department is absolute trash and always has been, I can't believe they put him on an OST without contracting him for it and didn't mention to him certain laws he would be upheld to on the first contract which Marty would later use to threaten him to get the work out in time.

Just another case of a contractor being treated like shit by a developer, it shouldn't happen to anyone, but I've always loved Mick's work and just by the Killer Instinct OST you can tell how passionate he is about his work and how much effort he puts into each and every song.

I've read through most of it and it really sounds like Marty just had it out for Mick. Almost as if there's some beef between the two that we're all unaware of because Marty's like going out of his way to ensure Mick had the worst experience possible. 

It's not like this is the first collaboration between Mick and id Software, or other Bethesda studios. Marty is more or less the head of id Software, so he has a LOT of sway when it comes to decision making. I hope more of what's going on comes to light.

Mick has done some fantastic work. Nobody played it because it literally got shutdown, but LawBreakers had a fantastic soundtrack and Mick's songs were my favorite. Not to mention the Doom games and Wolfenstein games. And as mentioned, Killer Instinct. 

I'm happy to hear Marty feels I deserve DOOM's music awards because the truth is those trophies are kept locked in the id Software office. I've only ever seen them once. Behind glass. From a distance. Nobody has ever offered to send me copies. Thanks to the show's producers, I was invited to perform at the Game Awards, but other than that, id Software never invited me to collect awards in person. Marty invited himself to collect the awards on my behalf instead. It would mean a lot to have a memento of all the hard work I poured into the DOOM franchise, but as it currently stands, I doubt I'll ever see those awards again.

Around the Network

Phil right now probably

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I've read through most of it and it really sounds like Marty just had it out for Mick. Almost as if there's some beef between the two that we're all unaware of because Marty's like going out of his way to ensure Mick had the worst experience possible. 

It's not like this is the first collaboration between Mick and id Software, or other Bethesda studios. Marty is more or less the head of id Software, so he has a LOT of sway when it comes to decision making. I hope more of what's going on comes to light.

Mick has done some fantastic work. Nobody played it because it literally got shutdown, but LawBreakers had a fantastic soundtrack and Mick's songs were my favorite. Not to mention the Doom games and Wolfenstein games. And as mentioned, Killer Instinct. 

Agree I admire Mick Gordon Killer Instinct OSt and Doom ost

This is a situation where Microsoft absolutely should get involved, muzzle Zenimax before they say/do something stupid because Zenimax has a history of absolute ridiculous lawsuits and bitchy attitude despite being great developers. Microsoft legal should get involved and check over everything to verify Mick's claims but Mick has a lot of email and metadata receipts already.

They should force Marty to issue an apology and if he doesn't, they should fire him, and pay Mick for all his unpaid work + extra compensation for the hurt reputation he has received as a result. Bring the dude back for Killer Instinct as well, this better not affect the relationship between Mick and XGS or Mick and other Bethesda studios because Mick even says that he has had a positive experience with the vast majority of people and studios under Zenimax.

Xbox's "these studios have autonomy" should only ever apply to CREATIVE decisions, not cultural ones, they stepped in with Undead Labs and now they should step in with ID Software/Marty Stratton. Zenimax may not be under "XGS", but they are still under "Microsoft Gaming/Phil"

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 November 2022

Some incredible Halo inf helmet attachment leaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wS2zwu-ku4 Kat would be proud.

konnichiwa said:

Some incredible Halo inf helmet attachment leaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wS2zwu-ku4 Kat would be proud.

This comment "Now we can finally make an accurate Kat"