This was definitely not my wish lol. To my core, I hate mobile gaming

I mean AoM

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

This was definitely not my wish lol. To my core, I hate mobile gaming

I mean AoM

Oh HELL YES!!!!!

I'm not even an Age of Empire/Mythology fan but this has been a pretty great anniversary showcase...

They're announcing quite a lot.

Ryuu96 said:

I'm not even an Age of Empire/Mythology fan but this has been a pretty great anniversary showcase...

I beg you and everyone here to give it a try when it comes to console!!!

As a longtime fan, we all thought the franchise was dead. Ensemble Studios was shutdown after Halo Wars in 2009, and we thought there was no hope for the series. Now, Age is back in full force and is now one of Xbox's marquee franchises! 

This anniversary showcase is worthy of being called an anniversary showcase. 

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I don't think Xbox gets enough credit for how much of a variety of genres their games cover. Doesn't matter what kind of genre you like. Xbox's catalogs got you! And I'm not even including Bethesda in that statement lol. Now, their long running Strategy franchise will finally make its console debut! 

Just this year, Xbox has added Survival and Graphic Adventure to their lineup!

Wat r u even talking bout bro, all they release are military FPS games. 

We all know Xbox only does bro shooters

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 25 October 2022

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

As a longtime fan, we all thought the franchise was dead. Ensemble Studios was shutdown after Halo Wars in 2009, and we thought there was no hope for the series. Now, Age is back in full force and is now one of Xbox's marquee franchises! 

You should mention that Age of Empires II HD has cheats which makes getting the achievements extremely easy.

Achievement whores be all over that

Though idk if they'll be on console.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

You should mention that Age of Empires II HD has cheats which makes getting the achievements extremely easy.

Achievement whores be all over that

Though idk if they'll be on console.

Kinda got bad news for you. AoE II HD is not the same as AoE II Definitive Edition. 

HD is a fan made project and DE is the Xbox backed project. Cheats are not allowed for achievement unlocking in DE

Hopefully we'll get console ports of AoE 1, 3, and Mythology at some point in the future as well. 

That's how you do an anniversary event, take note other Xbox studios.

Xbox needs more events like this, it has been fun despite not being a big fan.

So, we have.

• Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Coming to Xbox on January 31st, 2023
  • Age of Empires IV Coming to Xbox in 2023.
  • Age of Mythology Retold - Definitive Edition.
  • Age of Empires Mobile "Coming Soon"
  • Age of Empires DE is Moving to AOE II Engine.
  • Age of Empires IV Season Three: Anniversary - Large Update.

I'm assuming Forgotten Empires is doing Age of Mythology Retold and I'm almost certain Age of Mythology 2 will be next since it will follow the exact same plan as Age of Empires which remastered everything first before a sequel, I do hope Forgotten Empires gets to Age of Mythology 2 though, they deserve a chance at proving themselves on a mainline entry and Relic will be too busy.