By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

TLOU 2 just leaked

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
TLOU 2 just leaked

That really sucks. 

shikamaru317 said:
coolbeans said:

Techland and its ~300 employees?  I'm still not buying it.  Yes, @Angelus...even if Phil says pretty please.  :P

I think it's possible. Very few indie AAA studios left these days. Out of those that are left, CD Projekt is too big and expensive to buy, MS doesn't really need Crytek because their 1st party studios are almost all using Unreal (the main reason to buy Crytek would be for the Cry Engine), Remedy doesn't want to be bought, Sumo is too big and expensive (and MS already has good 2nd party connections with them anyway, making buying them kind of pointless), Certain Affinity is partially owned by Chinese company Leyou so MS would have to buy out Leyou 20% share which could get pricey (plus they are unproven, they have spent their whole history as a support studio, their upcoming AAA new IP is risky). 

Techland is one of the few AAA studios left that MS could acquire, and I do think that MS wants at least 1 more AAA 1st party studio, considering they plan to release 4 AAA games per year eventually. 

Techland also builds it's own game engine technology... Called the Chrome Engine. - Which is valuable, it's not CryEngine levels of impressive, but it's definitely a solid foundation to invest in.

The issue with using Unreal Engine for *everything* is that games start to feel samey... I hated the 7th console generation for that.

Ryuu96 said:

If Microsoft did acquire Techland I'd probably say they should finish Dying Light at 2 and focus on the AAA Open World Fantasy IP, I don't really want 2 AAA Zombie franchises from Xbox.

(Big if).

Techland could bring back Chrome or Call of Juarez?

I remember when Chrome dropped on PC, that game was a tech showcase for the PC back in the day.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Wow, TLOU2 story is spectacularly awful.

Spoiler!

Imagine if at the end of Halo 5, you're playing as Locke and beating Master Chief to death.....

Fans are gonna be PISSED

Angelus said:

Spoiler!

Imagine if at the end of Halo 5, you're playing as Locke and beating Master Chief to death.....

Fans are gonna be PISSED

Holy $%@t

edit: Where did you get that from, did you read it or watch a video? Just wondering if there is a chance these leaks are fake and someone is just trying to drum up some controversy for the sake of it.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

Spoiler!

Fans are gonna be PISSED

Holy $%@t

edit: Where did you get that from, did you read it or watch a video? Just wondering if there is a chance these leaks are fake and someone is just trying to drum up some controversy for the sake of it.

I've seen the clips. It's real.

Yeah good scores for Gears Tactics. Shame it won't release on Xbox yet, would've played it day 1.

I've been tempted to buy Fallout 76 lately. I read it's a good Fallout game these days, even when played solo. But is it worth 39,99e? Anyone here played it?

Gears Tactics 81 metacritic with 44 reviews. Great news, XGS on a roll this year.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I also watched the leaked TLOU2 stuff. It reminded me of a shitty movie Brimstone from 2016.

Just dark and brutal for the sake of it, tragedy after tragedy stuff to the point it becomes pretentious and hilarious. First one was almost like that too, never quite understood the hype.

This new Pixlr is crap, All the easy things I used to do seem to take way longer or don't see possible anymore.
Might just have to settle for a text based bingo card.