By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

So obviously fake

No PEGI rating so...

Edit: Also Xbox Exclusive? Should be Xbox Console Exclusive since MS puts their games also on Windows PC.

shikamaru317 said:

I don't see F2P Halo MP happening for one main reason. How would they make money on it? They already shot down the possibility of Halo Infinite having loot boxes after the lootboxes in Halo 5 were hated by the community. And direct microtransactions don't bring in nearly as much money as lootboxes do. Maybe they could make F2P work with a battlepass concept like Fortnite and CoD Modern Warfare are using, where you can either buy seasonal passes that include a selections of cosmetics and boosts, or work your way through the tiers of the battlepass for free by playing the game alot of hours. Honestly I'm not a big fan of battlepasses though, the implementation in CoD is nearly as obnoxious as lootboxes are, you have to play way too many hours to unlock everything for free, I put I think 60 hours into one of the seasons of CoD and only got like halfway through the battlepass tiers for the season, and I took advantage of two double battlepass XP weekends during that season. 

The fortnight model. Poses, assassinations, armor armor and more armor. Weapon skins,  vechicle skins, XP boosts. Season pass. All non loot boxes and all non competitive edge.

In the end micros in a full priced game will be met with anger, which Halo Infinite will have. But you cant complain if it’s free. Also I do think it’s the best way to make Halo a mega franchise. Halo 3 was played by 14 million? This could be 50 million like COD. Those levels of numbers make me very excited as a Halo fan. Halo would be more popular then it ever was. 

The content itself can be the usual Halo core multiplayer modes, with a couple new modes we haven’t heard of yet to make this unique. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Anonymous1796 said:

No PEGI rating so...

Edit: Also Xbox Exclusive? Should be Xbox Console Exclusive since MS puts their games also on Windows PC.

Depends on your outlook. If you need to make a Xbox account to play the game, it is technically a Xbox exclusive even if bought on PC. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Anonymous1796 said:

No PEGI rating so...

Depends on your outlook. If you need to make a Xbox account to play the game, it is technically a Xbox exclusive even if bought on PC. 

I was more talking about how MS now makes their game covers.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

If Microsoft Worked With Mistwalker Again, What Would You Prefer?

Lost Odyssey 2 6 46.15%

Blue Dragon 2 1 7.69%

Cry-On 2 15.38%

Something Completely New 4 30.77%

Total: 13

Only 13 votes? I guess people don't care that much about Mistwalker games. 

I know I didn't vote. 

I would honestly like to see what a F2P Halo looks like.

If they go the BR route, it only makes sense to find a way to increase the userbase. It would become really stretched thin otherwise across more classic halo playlists and newer ones like Warzone. Throwing BR on top of that, some of the playlists would likely be barren within 2 months.

trunkswd said:
ironmanDX said:
I would honestly like to see what a F2P Halo looks like.

If they go the BR route, it only makes sense to find a way to increase the userbase. It would become really stretched thin otherwise across more classic halo playlists and newer ones like Warzone. Throwing BR on top of that, some of the playlists would likely be barren within 2 months.

I'm pretty sure 343 has mentioned the only BR they have interest in is Battle rifle. 

Given the success of F2P BR's that stance may have changed.

trunkswd said:
ironmanDX said:

Given the success of F2P BR's that stance may have changed.

Maybe. I wouldn't be against if they do it right. Though I'd rather the focus be on Warzone than a Battle Royale mode. For BR it needs updates often enough to remain interesting. Halo BR with all the vehicles would make it different enough from other BR games. 

It would be different just due to Halo's higher TTK.

Hmm... Hopefully they release it in a beta and take on some feedback from both us "core" players as well as Halo pro's and the "casuals" too.