By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Avowed being made in Unreal 5???? 

Around the Network

I think 90 minutes might be a little bit short too.

Should have separated the 2.

Ryuu96 said:

As for Avowed on UE5, I hope it's the employee just testing it on his own free time, if Avowed is moving to UE5 then it's being delayed, I already don't think it's Q1 2023 anymore, I was leaning more towards Q2 2023 but if they're moving the entire product over to UE5 then I think Q2 at the earliest, more likely Q3 now, possibly even Holiday 2023, I should just give up on predicting dates, development is too hard to predict, feels like everything that is predicted should have a cautionary 1 year extra added onto it, Lol.

Theoretically, migration from UE4 to UE5 is supposed to be very easy and shouldn't have any effect on dev time. While at the same time with UE5, it's supposedly quicker to work with, so it might actually speed up the release lol.

That's assuming Avowed doesn't get all the bells and whistles that come with UE5 like lumen. At least at launch. Hopefully it can get those types of features with a patch. 

Ryuu96 said:

That is certainly a good way Epic can get Fortnite back on Apple devices

Criminally underrated game!

Around the Network

I think 90 minutes is good. I prefer they show less games than last year but give them a few minutes to show some gameplay and explain what the game is about rather than a constant barrage of cgi trailers where you don't even have time to process what you saw.

DeusXmachina said:

I think 90 minutes is good. I prefer they show less games than last year but give them a few minutes to show some gameplay and explain what the game is about rather than a constant barrage of cgi trailers where you don't even have time to process what you saw.

Yeah Xbox kinda got themselves into a corner on that because there are a lot of games that have only received CGI trailers up to this point like State of Decay 3, Perfect Dark, Fable, Avowed, Redfall, The Outer Worlds 2, Contraband, and Everwild, then you add on top the games that have only received in-engine trailers like Forza Motorsport and Starfield.

Not all of these games will be at the showcase of course, but because so little is known about these games based on their announcements, each of them will need their own time to show proper gameplay and further deepdives.

Season 2 cosmetics leaked and ngl, some of these are SICK!

Fixed the MP play button being inactive in Halo Infinite, You have to download manually 'English language' pack from the setting menu.

Ryuu96 said:

First thing I picture is Google Chromecast