By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - The Biggest Launch in Xbox History

Post Your Series X Impressions: Has It Matched Your Expectations?

Exceeded Them 11 32.35%

Matched Them 13 38.24%

Below Them 10 29.41%

Total:34

Welcome back Welfare, haven't seen you in ages!

Around the Network

A picture showing one of the better than PC quality graphical improvements on Series X for Gears 5, reflection quality:

Welfare said:
Forza in Early 2022 would be fine since Forza 7 and Horizon 4 are already on Game Pass. Those will be two racing games to play for those buying a Series X|S.

My thinking is Forza 8 in either late 2021 or early 2022 and then Horizon 5 in 2023. I think that comes out after Fable, which I'm putting down for late 2022.

The Forza and Fable team are different teams. If FM8 is 2021 then FH5 will br 2022. And if FM8 drops in 2022 then FH5 should be 2023.

If wete not getting a new Forza til 2022 I hope we get some sorta big next gen improvements for Series X and S next year for Horizom 4.

shikamaru317 said:

A picture showing one of the better than PC quality graphical improvements on Series X for Gears 5, reflection quality:

Looks great. Some of the screenshots I saw a frw days ago I couldn't tell the difference between the One X and Series X.

Wow... Coalition are tech wizards. I hope they take their time with Gears 6 for a technical monster.

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Looks great. Some of the screenshots I saw a frw days ago I couldn't tell the difference between the One X and Series X.

Yeah, saw those in this article:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75681/gears-5-looks-no-different-on-xbox-series-over-the-one/index.html

This is why journalists should vet their sources instead of trusting some random twitter guy's screenshots. Those Gears 5 Series X screenshots are clearly from the original Gears 5 version running on Series X through back compat with Xbox One X settings, not from the actual Gears 5 Series X update, which I'm guessing wasn't yet available to preview console owners a few days ago.

Forza Motorsport needs a good amount of content, shit tons of cars and variety and stop with the microtransactions. That's a big plague that the others had. Having one Motorsport a gen is enough too. 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Spade said:

Forza Motorsport needs a good amount of content, shit tons of cars and variety and stop with the microtransactions. That's a big plague that the others had. Having one Motorsport a gen is enough too. 

Yeah, I'm thinking that might be their plan. Have this one single Forza Motorsport game, updated with DLC for the rest of the generation, much like Halo Infinite is planned to be the only Halo this generation with DLC support for the whole gen. 

shikamaru317 said:
Spade said:

Yeah, I'm thinking that might be their plan. Have this one single Forza Motorsport game, updated with DLC for the rest of the generation, much like Halo Infinite is planned to be the only Halo this generation with DLC support for the whole gen. 

With the bethesda acquisition and hopefully one or two more, we'll have a steady amount of continued content coming in that we won't just need Halo, Forza, and Gears. Giving them more time to perfect their games, add single and MP content as well. Maybe even Phil will let them (Coaltion, 343, and Turn 10 work on new projects lol I know, not gonna happen, but I can hope). 

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Thanks all. VGC needs to get rid of the full page ads that will even drop the whole page down. That's annoying.

jason1637 said:
Welfare said:
Forza in Early 2022 would be fine since Forza 7 and Horizon 4 are already on Game Pass. Those will be two racing games to play for those buying a Series X|S.

My thinking is Forza 8 in either late 2021 or early 2022 and then Horizon 5 in 2023. I think that comes out after Fable, which I'm putting down for late 2022.

The Forza and Fable team are different teams. If FM8 is 2021 then FH5 will br 2022. And if FM8 drops in 2022 then FH5 should be 2023.

If wete not getting a new Forza til 2022 I hope we get some sorta big next gen improvements for Series X and S next year for Horizom 4.

Are you suggesting that Fable and Horizon 5 would launch the same year?

I think they'll space out the Playground games, and they don't need to have a Forza release 12 months after the last one. We're more likely to see Forza 8 and Horizon 5 be even more GAAS and Xbox can afford a bigger than one year gap between Motrosport and Horizon.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287