By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VersusEvil said:

I believe one of the DLCs give you 2 of the houses for free so maybe that's why. 

I still have the one on the top center that is for the daily wheel spin rewards.  I don't remember the cost but it's the most expensive one.

At the time it popped I was just driving around and braking repeatedly for lag tests.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Machiavellian said:

You totally missed the point.  I am not talking about Gamepass as the service I am talking about negative comments period and people who defend them.  People have concerns, and they voice that MS can in the future abuse how they use Gamepass, I have seen plenty of those comments and I have also seen Ryu defend against those comments.  Its the same, thing, when you support something you are more inclined to defend what you support against attack then things you do not support.

Its not about the technolgy but the habit of how people either look to future concerns or look to defend something based on if they happen to support it or not.

Anything can be used and abused, even today people talk about how Netflix continue to up their prices on their service just like people feel the quality and content, and games on Gamepass can change and become subpar.  MS has a history of abusing their markets, software and services.  Lets not act as if MS would not or could not abuse GP just because of previous services.

The thing is, there are pros and cons to NFT but that is for a totally different conversation.  To sum up my point again, people only look to how something can be used adversely in the future when its something they do not support.  Since you already have a negative frame of mind concerning NFT, you already think of all the worse case scenarios unlike Jason who dabbles in NFT and have a different view.

You don't tend to support things you dislike and your dislike is based on reasonable concerns or bad experiences. And in case of NFT, it largely comes from how it has been used in scams and from bad experiences on how mtx has affected the way games are designed. On top of this it's the lack of outlook how it could affect games positively. 

I wasn't trying to act as if MS could now abuse GP, I even stated there are legit concerns. Still is after the way mtx has been implemented on games like Gears 5 and Halo Infinite. I among others have been vocal about this. 

But there also was/is  plenty of positive outlook for service like game pass. Ryuu96 was, like many others, defending this service with well-thought arguments about the service and the future of it. This isn't something you are doing at all, you're throwing weak analogies around and questioning people's motives, whether they drink from a plastic bottle and coming up with shaky psychological analysis on people's reasons to oppose or be in favor of NFT.

I still believe you and I are totally on a different page.  There is no analogy in my comments, I am saying that people defend what they like and criticize what they do not.  People tend to give a pass more to the things they like then the things they do not, is this an incorrect statement.  I used Gamepass not because of the service but because it was something recent.  I was also in the same thread defending Gamepass.

You continue to do the same thing and continue to miss my point all the while doing exactly what I just stated.  You do not like something so all you do is look for the negative.  I neither have a pro or con for NFT at this point in time as I am looking to see how it all flesh out.  If you believe its a scam that's great, I just do not feel the need to make an opinion on it until its been around enough and see how things shape up.  Have there been some scams on cryptocurrency, yes their have but then again there have been scams on just about anything where money is involved.  

So to sum this up, you do not like NFT, that's fine.  Could it be abused, yes it can.  Could it be something good, yes it can with the right model.  Can it be a total fad and junk, yes it can.  It can be all these things so I am willing to see how it flesh out.  

I am staying open to both points of view and when I do not have any skin in the game, I am not going to criticize people who might favor something because I do not like it. So my point stands, there are people who are in favor of NFTs and if they are if it has no impact on my gaming experience, then I do not care if somebody gets a custom skin with a NFT attached to it.  If NFTs replace MTX in games, I will do the same thing I do today which is opt out.  I have not purchase an in game item in decades and I never purchase DLC but then again, I never feel like I need those things just because its available.  If the game current experience isn't enough, I usually never go back to that game.

Oh well, it appears GSC backed out of the whole NFT craze. I wonder if they will still have the auction to allow someone to have their face in the game or are they killing that whole thing as well. I guess its to be as expected.

Machiavellian said:

Oh well, it appears GSC backed out of the whole NFT craze. I wonder if they will still have the auction to allow someone to have their face in the game or are they killing that whole thing as well. I guess its to be as expected.

L for GSC

I also finished Infinite's campaign. It was great fun, in shorter bursts.

The best:
- Audio design, the percussion ramping up in all the right places was perfect.
- Great soundtrack, never became repetitive, all sounded great.
- Lighting was top notch indoors, very well lit decors, I'll be posting lots of screenshots in the VGShare thread.
- Grapple hook, tons of fun to use, I hardly used any weapons anymore after fully upgrading it.
- Grunt dialog was fantastic, finally some light humor to go will all the violence.
- There were plenty cool set pieces to explore in the open world, very well made.

The so so:
- Open world, it did become repetitive for me, hence taking frequent breaks.
- Mission design, sure its old school, maybe a bit too old school. Do 3 of this, 4 of that, touch a button, spawn in the next wave, not very imaginative.
- Enemy placement was very predictable, snipers especially.
- The procedural, online multiplayer like bases didn't really feel like the belonged in the world, big contrast with the cool set pieces.
- Vehicles, only a few were able to handle the terrain. Always auto steering to where you're looking doesn't really work for me.
- While quite pretty, the indoor level design didn't make much sense and prompted my son to ask me why I was always fighting in the same room.... It's a bit repetitive.
- Check points, often worked, sometimes failed. And a checkpoint is not the same as a progress (save) point as I found out the hard way.

The bad:
- Boss fights, I didn't like them, rarely do. I left the game on a sour note as the final one was especially annoying.
- Too many invisible walls and invisible ceilings especially in the last mission.
- Too many places where the grapple hook deliberately fails, you can't swing much around the outside of the map.
- Instant death when you swing just a tad too low, very frustrating when grapple killing flying things, have the grapple hook connect to pull you back up, but dead anyway.
- Return to the battlefield timer. Fly too high, climb too low, try to track around, also indoors, 3,2,1, dead.
- Performance in the open world, too poor and inconsistent for what is shown on screen.
- Audio logs, finding them out of order, getting drowned out or cut off by other things going on, it doesn't work for story telling.
- UI made me not really use anything else than the grapple hook. I can't keep track of what ability mode I'm in during combat, stupid design.

Overall a great time, however the boss fights deter me from doing another play through. 8/10 for me. It could have used more variety in the open world (different areas) as well as in mission design. And more freedom to explore instead of being kept inside the box or corridor.

Time to sort my screenshots and uninstall the game. The Gunk is up next.

Around the Network

I’m relieved GSC opted to listen on this kind of matter.

If Ubisoft, one of the openly greediest gaming companies that are actively running their franchises into the ground, and Peter Molyneux, arguably the biggest con artist in the industry, are wanting to embrace NFT’s in gaming but major brands like Steam are outright banning them and Xbox are claiming them as exploitative, then you know something is wrong.

Taking out gamers of the equation, gaming companies were never this divisive amongst themselves about things like micro transactions as they have with NFT’s. Let games be games! Unfortunately, I know this is inevitable to take hold. If gaming has taught me anything, it’s that companies will push and push until something finally becomes normal and the sheep will graze for them. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 16 December 2021

shikamaru317 said:

• The collectible design is super outdated. Just finished the game, and there is nothing unlocked to help you find missing spartan lockers, propaganda towers, skulls, or audio logs. This is 2021, to leave you with nothing but a 59 meter ping in a map that is 10's of square kilometers is simply not good enough, people shouldn't need to comb over a map for 10 hours or result to youtube videos to find all collectibles in 2021. 
  • Spoiler!

Final Score for the campaign- 89/100 (potential to go higher after future updates)

I don't know if they just added this, but if you zoom in the map you can see spartan cores, propaganda towers and armor lockers you haven't found. Skulls should remain hidden imo. I haven't found a single one yet.

So make it 90/100 maybe? :)

jason1637 said:
Machiavellian said:

L for GSC

Oh I figured it was going to get kicked to the curb but just like online only consoles, it will find a way back.  I remember how much chatter there was concerning MS whole online only approach with the Xbox one before they had to nix those ideals and do it more on the sly with Gamepass or Sony with their disc less PS5.  These types of things never really go away, they just morph into something else.  We will see how GSC show their hand again, I am sure they are bidding their time.  

I am very interested in the Peter M game only in the sense of how it appears to be modeled like second life but with NFTs.  I just wonder how successful such games can be.  Someone reported that the game already brought in 50 million in virtual land purchase for a game that does not really exist.

shikamaru317 said:
KiigelHeart said:

I don't know if they just added this, but if you zoom in the map you can see spartan cores, propaganda towers and armor lockers you haven't found. Skulls should remain hidden imo. I haven't found a single one yet.

So make it 90/100 maybe? :)

It only shows some of them for me, not all of them. I have done every one that appears on the map and yet I am missing 1 locker, a bunch of propaganda towers, and of course a ton of audio logs, which don't show on the map at all.

The cores and armor lockers should all show up once you've captured every FOB. That was the case for me at least. Towers seem to only appear on the map if you get within a certain proximity of them while out and about. Audio logs don't show up at all, but are pretty easy to find - with a few exceptions - as they're basically always around other points of interest.

Machiavellian said:
jason1637 said:

L for GSC

Oh I figured it was going to get kicked to the curb but just like online only consoles, it will find a way back.  I remember how much chatter there was concerning MS whole online only approach with the Xbox one before they had to nix those ideals and do it more on the sly with Gamepass or Sony with their disc less PS5.  These types of things never really go away, they just morph into something else.  We will see how GSC show their hand again, I am sure they are bidding their time.  

I am very interested in the Peter M game only in the sense of how it appears to be modeled like second life but with NFTs.  I just wonder how successful such games can be.  Someone reported that the game already brought in 50 million in virtual land purchase for a game that does not really exist.

Look at literally any other Peter M gaming venture and you'll have your answer. The guy is the biggest con artist in the gaming industry. I remember he was even directly asked in an interview if he was a "pathological liar" haha and it's sad but true. Nobody should ever fall for his traps, especially after all these years of ripping everyone off after he made his own studio. Hell, when he was still at Lionhead and was developing the first Fable, he promised the entire world with marketing that game, only to be a complete letdown of broken promises.

I agree with you 100% that this is going to creep its way into the gaming industry one way or another. Once one gaming company pushes for something, it gives many more the courage to do the same and will force its way into gaming until it finally becomes the norm.