By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Those who love to hate on Game Pass:

I like how Mat added that the data STILL suggests that they work lol. Like he's constantly having to swat down the notion that these type of subscription services don't work. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 14 December 2021

Around the Network

Actually there is one JP game that is going to be added. For some reason it was missing in the promo video that TA based the article on.

On the other hand, it's not really a proper replacement for the Yakuza games. It's Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth

Real shame Yakuza games are leaving, I played 0 a while ago but didn't get round to 1/2 yet.

I could see Nier Replicant and Balan Wonderworld being added sooner rather than later.

Fingers crossed for Tales of Arise but that might be a while off.

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n48119/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-decemeber

Quite a few games for kids.

Available today

Among Us (Console)
Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Cloud, Console, and PC)

December 16th

Lake (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Firewatch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Broken Age (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Ben 10: Power Trip (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Mortal Kombat 11 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Gunk (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Race with Ryan (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Paw Patrol: Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Transformers: Battlegrounds (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Weird, I could have sworn Lake was supposed to be day one gamepass, and it released back in September. 

Broken Age is an excellent game from Double Fine if you like point and click adventure games, I recommend any double fine fans play it if you haven't already.

Bit of a disappointing update overall. 3 Yakuza games leaving Gamepass and no new JP games to replace them. As it stand they only have like 20 JP games left on Gamepass after the 3 Yakuza leave at the end of the month, out of over 400 games. They're going to lose there sales momentum in Japan soon if they don't start doing more than they have been. 

I highly doubt anyone who is getting an Xbox in Japan is because of Japanese games.  Lets be very realistic here, there are 2 consoles in Japan that gets everything, why would anyone purchase the Xbox in Japan if Japanese games was something you cared about.  If the Xbox is selling in Japan, its selling on its Western content and the system in general.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Machiavellian said:

I highly doubt anyone who is getting an Xbox in Japan is because of Japanese games.  Lets be very realistic here, there are 2 consoles in Japan that gets everything, why would anyone purchase the Xbox in Japan if Japanese games was something you cared about.  If the Xbox is selling in Japan, its selling on its Western content and the system in general.

You'd be surprised. If you look at the Xbox Most Played Games list for Japan, which I have regularly over the last several months, you will often see JP games on there, especially the Gamepass ones like Dragon Quest 11, Yakuza, and Scarlet Nexus. Same goes for the Xbox Japan top paid games list on the digital store. 

Here is the Top 10 Paid digital games on the Xbox Japan store currently:

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Romancing Saga 3 (Japanese)
  3. Nippon Marathon (western developed game made in Japanese style)
  4. Romancing Saga 2 (Japanese)
  5. Grim Dawn: Definitive Edition
  6. Namco Museum Archives Volume 1 (Japanese)
  7. Sundered: Eldritch Edition
  8. Namco Museum Archives Volume 2 (Japanese)
  9. Forza Horizon 5 
  10. Down in Bermuda

Additionally there are 4 more JP developed or JP inspired western developed games from 11th-20th place on the top paid games list. I have seen more JP games on the top paid list than that in the past, I've seen more than half of the top 20 being JP games sometimes in the past.

As for the most played list, which of course includes Gamepass games, I currently see 5 JP games on the top 50, including 3 Gamepass games (DQ11, Yakuza Like A Dragon, and Scarlet Nexus) and 2 which aren't on Gamepass yet (Lost Judgment and Tales of Arise). The Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba games were on there closer to when they released, but they released over a month ago now. 

There is no doubt in my mind that Xbox needs to keep up the JP releases on Gamepass. They need to go even further and get some day one gamepass releases from Japan, so far the only day one gamepass games from Japan have been late ports like Nier Automata and Octopath Traveler, Xbox needs to go all out and get day one gamepass on some 3rd party multiplat games that release day one on Xbox. That is the best way that they can boost Xbox sales in Japan since they don't seem willing to get Japanese exclusives.

I do not think you really understand the amount of games that get released in Japan that never make it over to the west.  You are only looking at games that get international published but there is so much content that does not get released that its not even funny.  I use to go to Japan a lot when I was teaching development back in the day and trust you me, there is no comparison between the content that gets released for Sony and Nintendo compared to the meager crumbs that get ported to the Xbox.  

I understand you want the Xbox to succeed in Japan but its going to take a real shift in interest to even dent the community there.  The Xbox can barely get international releases of Japnese games let alone localized content.  Its just not realistic.

xbox.com has stock of Series X available in the UK now.

Configure your Xbox Series X | Xbox

Zippy6 said:

xbox.com has stock of Series X available in the UK now.

Configure your Xbox Series X | Xbox

Today is potentially the biggest restock since launch for both Series X and PS5 going by multiple retailers getting stock and taking over 1.5 hours to sell out of the consoles instead of the usually 5-10 minutes and massive queues either that or everyone decided they don't want to buy a console this week.

Anyone watch that Power On documentary series on YouTube? It details the history of Xbox. It's actually pretty fascinating and fair...so far.

trunkswd said:

I hope @Ryuu96  doesn't mind me advertising my stream again. I am playing through more of Halo Infinite campaign. Yes potential spoilers if you haven't gotten as far into the campaign as me.

https://www.twitch.tv/trunkswd

Just let me know if he gives you any shit.  

Spoiler!
@Ryuu96 please don't hurt me

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.