By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
 

You Can Only Pick One: WoW or FFXIV on Xbox?

WoW 5 29.41%
 
FFXIV 12 70.59%
 
Total:17



...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

No, just no.....





...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

SvennoJ said:

I play on a gaming laptop though (GTX1060), so managing temps is a big part of getting it to run efficiently without thermo throttling.

FS2020 installer is in game and keeps the GPU very busy (been a long time complaint), so no playing another (intensive) game while patching.
The mandatory updates (before downloading the data) already introduce the new bugs with no option to decline updates or revert.
It is a great game, but it takes effort to keep it running and find new work arounds each month.
And mods are pretty much essential as those workarounds but get broken with nearly each update requiring a few days wait until the mods have been updated.

Downloading on console is faster for me since my console is wired, laptop is on wifi :/

So in my personal situation, consoles are superior for gaming. Less hassle, faster, more stable.
Plus with discs you can start playing before the game is even fully copied (on ps5 at least), same with downloads.

Also no email alerts on console or other distractions! :)

But one thing that consoles can't do, play an indie game while doing a long flight in FS2020, or watch/listen to you tube while flying. In flight entertainment.

I buy my games in advance usually, great games at release for full price and sometimes second hand like Forza 7 steelbook edition for CAD 20 when I bought the Series X. Games are not the issue, I have enough unplayed games laying around to play for the next decade :/ But I do like my physical games collection. Don't care the general population prefers digital nowadays. Digital has nothing to show for it.

shikamaru317 said:

This seems almost completely pointless. You would need both 5G speeds and no mobile data cap/no speed throttling to stream xCloud games properly while away from the house, and very few countries have 5G mobile internet with no datacap or speed throttling. I could see some people buying it for remote play purposes at home, being able to play your Xbox games while laying in bed or while your wife or kids are using the tv your Xbox is hooked up to, but remote play at home is too small of a potential market for viability. Vita had remote play capability with PS3 and only managed to sell 15m with native Vita games, a remote play and streaming only Xbox handheld would be lucky to sell a few million I think. 

I think an Xbox handheld will only work if it at least has the specs to natively play all XB1 and 360/OG Xbox BC games, in addition to being able to stream Xbox Series games from xCloud or from your own Xbox Series over your home network. Hopefully Xbox nixes this all streaming handheld in the prototype phase and instead waits until they can get base XB1 tier specs into an affordable AMD powered handheld so that it can play all XB1 games and all 360/OG Xbox BC games natively.

Steamdeck seems to have already done that. Hell to me looking at videos it seems to be in between XB1 and Series S in terms of performance.

So id imagine MS would have no problem Launching a handheld as powerful or even a bit more so then the Steamdeck this year if they so wished.



https://www.twitch.tv/trunkswd

Time for that whole shameless self promotion. I am live on Twitch chatting the latest gaming news from the last week or so. 

Edit: I am going to try to finish Trek to Yomi.

Last edited by trunkswd - on 27 June 2022

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
SvennoJ said:

I play on a gaming laptop though (GTX1060), so managing temps is a big part of getting it to run efficiently without thermo throttling.

FS2020 installer is in game and keeps the GPU very busy (been a long time complaint), so no playing another (intensive) game while patching.
The mandatory updates (before downloading the data) already introduce the new bugs with no option to decline updates or revert.
It is a great game, but it takes effort to keep it running and find new work arounds each month.
And mods are pretty much essential as those workarounds but get broken with nearly each update requiring a few days wait until the mods have been updated.

Downloading on console is faster for me since my console is wired, laptop is on wifi :/

So in my personal situation, consoles are superior for gaming. Less hassle, faster, more stable.
Plus with discs you can start playing before the game is even fully copied (on ps5 at least), same with downloads.

Also no email alerts on console or other distractions! :)

But one thing that consoles can't do, play an indie game while doing a long flight in FS2020, or watch/listen to you tube while flying. In flight entertainment.

I buy my games in advance usually, great games at release for full price and sometimes second hand like Forza 7 steelbook edition for CAD 20 when I bought the Series X. Games are not the issue, I have enough unplayed games laying around to play for the next decade :/ But I do like my physical games collection. Don't care the general population prefers digital nowadays. Digital has nothing to show for it.

shikamaru317 said:

This seems almost completely pointless. You would need both 5G speeds and no mobile data cap/no speed throttling to stream xCloud games properly while away from the house, and very few countries have 5G mobile internet with no datacap or speed throttling. I could see some people buying it for remote play purposes at home, being able to play your Xbox games while laying in bed or while your wife or kids are using the tv your Xbox is hooked up to, but remote play at home is too small of a potential market for viability. Vita had remote play capability with PS3 and only managed to sell 15m with native Vita games, a remote play and streaming only Xbox handheld would be lucky to sell a few million I think. 

I think an Xbox handheld will only work if it at least has the specs to natively play all XB1 and 360/OG Xbox BC games, in addition to being able to stream Xbox Series games from xCloud or from your own Xbox Series over your home network. Hopefully Xbox nixes this all streaming handheld in the prototype phase and instead waits until they can get base XB1 tier specs into an affordable AMD powered handheld so that it can play all XB1 games and all 360/OG Xbox BC games natively.

Steamdeck seems to have already done that. Hell to me looking at videos it seems to be in between XB1 and Series S in terms of performance.

So id imagine MS would have no problem Launching a handheld as powerful or even a bit more so then the Steamdeck this year if they so wished.

Yeah, they could for sure match or exceed base XB1 specs later this year for $350-400, since SteamDeck has higher than base XB1 specs for $400, or if they wait another year and launch Holiday 2023 to get the price down on it some, they could possibly launch for a more viable price of $300.



A cloud handheld sounds good but the issue will be playing it in places where you probably wont have a stable internet connection like on a airplane lol

I just hope data/internet options improve moreso for devices like this to work more often and better.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    






Nintendo Direct came and went....and still no Goldeneye.....what's the deal?!



gtotheunit91 said:

Nintendo Direct came and went....and still no Goldeneye.....what's the deal?!

Common theory is that it was delayed due to the war in Ukraine since it has heavy Russian themes, I'm still betting they'll simply shadow drop it on the anniversary of Goldeneye which is August 25th.

But hey, it has been on hold now for 14 years, Lol. Another few months won't hurt...Unless they've hit more legal roadblocks.